Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Setup failsafe from FM to 2.4

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Setup failsafe from FM to 2.4

Old 10-18-2010, 03:48 PM
gio
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup failsafe from FM to 2.4

I switched my futaba 9cap from FM to the plug in module 2.4.
What setup fail safe do I have to use with the 2.4 on my p120 cat
What are the failsafe setting I will have to use as for the p120 manual.

Setup failsafe mode and "learn RC" or Seting the failsafe for PCM receivers.

Thanks.
Gio.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Setup failsafe from FM to 2.4

The correct way to do this for Futaba systems (IMHO!) is this (assuming a default/reset starting point):

1) reverse the throttle. JC assumes JR direction, Futaba goes the other way (perhaps you already did this?)

2) check that the throttle ATV is set to +/- 100%

3) do the Learn RC procedure as specified in the JC manual

4) go back to the main screen on the ECU readout (startup screen on the JC ECU readout box)

5) with everything left on, go back into the ATV menu .. start increasing the low throttle ATV past 100 .. to larger numbers .. when you get well past the programmed range of 100, the ECU controller should indicate a failsafe condition. Go a little farther on the ATV just to make sure

6) go to the failsafe setup screen, enable failsafe and if you wish, battery failsafe .. set them to go to a specific position (not hold) with the ATV still set to the high number that caused the failsafe in step 5, set to that value by pushing the right button on the failsafe sceen

7) go back to the ATV screen and set back to 100 (as it was when you did the learn RC).

The idea here is to use the entire +/- 100 range to control the turbine. To "see" a real failsafe the ECU has to be sent a signal that is well outside the Learn RC range, that's the purpose of step 5 and 6. To be really sure, turn on the plane and the ECU, with the monitor box plugged in, make sure it's set to off or idle, then turn off the TX .. that should send it into failsafe as it did in step 5.

I don't have a 10c (I fly a 14mz) so I don't know the specific menu names .. perhaps someone with a 10c (or you!) can improve these instructions...

Note: a lot of guys don't do step 5, and set failsafe to "user off" which is AMA legal, but does not give a failsafe indication on the ECU as the reason for last stop.

Please let me know if this helps.

Dave