Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 AM
MITFREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Will there be an option for any other Jet Central Turbines like you did on the Jet Cat
Old 11-24-2010, 08:46 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deleted
Old 11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I was one of the first in line when Henry announced the plane. Then I added the Jet Cat, struts, UAT added brake value. It was like Christmas. Kept adding from under the tree. One of my flying buds came by the store yesterday and gave me a brake valve he wasn't using. When I called Henry about cancelling my order with him. He couldn't have been nicer about it. Did a charge back the same day. When the time comes to get another plane, I'll call him first.
Now the question is. Since he added Jet Central will Lewis get a plane? Dennis
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
thunderchief

Henry,
You say super bee do you mean Bee II ks.......................I did not know they still made the super bee............
Thanks
Glenn
Old 11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Yes Im sorry yes. BEE II Kero Start

Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 PM
GreenAcre
My Feedback: (13)

Isn't this jet the Falcon 120 from Nitro planes???????
Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Modellbau USA

No it's not if you would like you can call me directly and I can tell you the differences or you can read for your self by going through the 14 pages in this thread
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
TUMBLER

I ordered the Tornado/P-60 from Troybuilt Models last week and then called back the next day and upgraded t the Bee II. The P-60 is a great engine, but I preferred the Bee for 2.5lbs more thrust, kero start, lower fuel consumption, lifetime warranty, and can't beat Jet Central's service!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Modellbau USA

good choice they are both very good engines it is all up to personnel preference.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Modellbau USA

I have been getting some calls and emails asking about the TORNADO. We have about 30 airplanes left in our inventory. The planes have been shipped from our factory and are on the way to South Florida. We are expecting them to arrive at the end of December and they will be shipped as soon as they have been thoroughly checked, that should take only a few days. The price list of the TORNADO is as for those who missed it.

TORNADO: $475 with retracts or $395 with out
Tornado Servo Package: $250
Wheels Brakes and Struts:$285

Bee II + Tornado Combo: $2595 and receive the TORNADO 1/2 price
Rabbit + Tornado Combo: $2695 and receive the TORNADO 1/2 price

Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 AM
david robinson

I just got home yesterday after a beautiful vacation with the family for turkey day and I had the pleasure of meeting with Modellbau. They were very friendly and took the time to go out to the flying field and demo there new airplane for me. I have never have flown jets before and Henry and Alberto spent a lot of time explaining how they work and what I need to get a waiver. They let me get behind the sticks for a little while and all I can say is wow JETS are Awesome.They even offered for me to use one of there demo planes to learn on a get a waiver down there. I wish I could take them up on that offer but I am not able to get back down there till March. I would like to say thank you for the hospitality and I am looking forward to getting my new jet.

Now the question that I had, Henry offered me a combo with the Jet Central Bee II or the Jet Cat P70. He told me both are excellent engines and I would have to see which one I prefer. If any body can shine some light on the subject I would appreciate it. I am brand new to turbines and want to pick the best engine.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 AM
chris1971

You can't go wrong with either engine. The only difference is the warranty. Jetcat has a 3 year warranty and Jet Central has a lifetime warranty. Both need to be sent back at around 25 hours use for a check-up. Jet Central charges a $250 flat fee and Jetcat charges per parts and labor for what they do. I have an old Jetcat P-80 and it is a tank! I don't have any experience with Jet Central but I know people who do and they love them. It is a tough decision but it's nice to have so many choices instead of being stuck with just one.

chris
Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 AM
david robinson

thanks so much for your info. If there are any other people that can give me some info please chime in thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 AM
747junky

ORIGINAL: david robinson

I just got home yesterday after a beautiful vacation with the family for turkey day and I had the pleasure of meeting with Modellbau. They were very friendly and took the time to go out to the flying field and demo there new airplane for me. I have never have flown jets before and Henry and Alberto spent a lot of time explaining how they work and what I need to get a waiver. They let me get behind the sticks for a little while and all I can say is wow JETS are Awesome.They even offered for me to use one of there demo planes to learn on a get a waiver down there. I wish I could take them up on that offer but I am not able to get back down there till March. I would like to say thank you for the hospitality and I am looking forward to getting my new jet.

Now the question that I had, Henry offered me a combo with the Jet Central Bee II or the Jet Cat P70. He told me both are excellent engines and I would have to see which one I prefer. If any body can shine some light on the subject I would appreciate it. I am brand new to turbines and want to pick the best engine.

I would go with Jet Central. I have both engines and they are both great. I spoke to Henry last week and he mentioned that there next airplane F86D will be packaged up with the bee. They seem to be making a great effort to offer only the best products

Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Don't think you can go wrong with either
Old 11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
TUMBLER

My one buddy has all Jetcat and the other all Jet Central. Jetcat seems to take weeks or months to return engines from repairs and for us in the northeast that could be half the flying season. Jet Central is he fastest turn around of any company I have ever seen. The guy has even given my buddy parts of his own engine to keep him flying. Both are great engines, but if you need a repair, jet Central will get the engine back to you faster from what I have seen. 15.5lbs of thrust vs 13lbs and 6oz fuel per min vs 8ozs doesn't hurt either.

Brian
Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
hippo-1216

I would go with JET CENTRAL You can not beat there service Eric one of the owners is the nicest guy you can meet I have called him on a sunday afternoon and he will answer and talk you through any problem you might have NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Modellbau USA

ORIGINAL: david robinson

Dave it was our pleasure meeting with you this weekend and I hope you enjoyed your first turbine flight. Like Imentionedto you this weekend youare welcome to come down here and receive training from us and your turbine waiver. As for Jet Cat or Jet Central they are both excellent engines and you cannot go wrong with either one. Let me know what you want to do and we will guide you throughthe build andset up of your first jet.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM
david robinson

Thanks guys for all the advise i really appreciate it this whole world of jets is totally new to me and I got the bug. Ijust bought the P60 package and I cant wait to smell that kero burning agian. I can see why all you guys are hooked
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 AM
rorrock

This offer is also available for Australian purchases of the Tornado...
We have a few left from our initial allocation, once these are gone reservations will be taken for the march delivery..

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pn36645.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	1528649  
Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Just heard he one more of the Jet Cat combo's to sell. Give him a call. Dennis
Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

When's the new Tornado video coming out Henry? Thanks
Z
Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Modellbau USA

Sorry about the video I have all the footage from last weekend but I have been so busy with the F86D that I have not had a chance to edit it. I will do my best to have it done soon.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Drinker with a flying problem.

Hi there,
just a short note to relay my positive experience so far dealing with Modellbau USA and in particular Henry.

Being from Melbourne, not the Florida Melbourne but the Australia Melbourne; communicating with a vendor in the US can be difficult at times, considering the time difference etc.

Dealing with Henry has been tremendous! A very "Can Do" approach to my transaction and particularly to my shipping.

I've always been eager to take the plunge into the RC jet world but have always been put off by the cost but mostly I have been put off by the, let's face it, "big fish in small pond" ilk that seem to be drawn to RC jets. We all know the personality type that Im talking about, the type that makes things out to be harder than necessary just to give themself an ego boost.

Henry has set me up with the equipment and info that I need to make a start and all at a price that hasnt left me with that sickly feeling in my stomach. He has been super friendly, responds to emails like lightning and gives genuine, honest and practical advice.

Sorry if this seems like an advertisement but I'm pretty happy with how my hobby is headed at present thanks to Henry and Modellbau USA.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Ditto on what you just said! I've been very satisfied with my dealings with Henry also, and am looking forward to getting my Tornado later this month;-)
Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.