Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:08 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA
The issues that the main gear has been fixed and will be further refined on the next airplanes that are coming in December. We are going to have all the servo's installed in side the wing and have gone to a single servo in the tail. Also we are going to reinforce the wing landing gear area with Carbon Fiber just like the hurricane.
So this version is not going to happen now? Dang, as this would have been a great new home for my P-70 when I retire my Baby Boomer.

BTW, I do not blame you. Business is business.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:51 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

If you click the link below you will see I think where Modelbau bought the Falcons/Tornados from. Amazing what you can find on the net. So I think this confirms that they came from and were made in China. Public information I think

http://www.importgenius.com/supplier...y-model-co-ltd
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't care where the planes come from. I've seen all the work need to convert a nitro planes to turbine and i have one of Henry's. If Henry continues to build them i will buy another when I need too. Dennis
Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 AM
megafly

I've seen both and they are the same plane, I have a Tornado and it flies great, only problem is the plane is too fragile, and was missing glue everywhere, like the Falcons.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

If you click the link below you will see I think where Modelbau bought the Falcons/Tornados from. Amazing what you can find on the net. So I think this confirms that they came from and were made in China. Public information I think

Dennis,

"Witch hunt" springs to mind?!?! Has Henry upset you?? [X(] [8D]
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh I never thought of Henry as a "Witch", but each to his own.

Mike
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: schroedm

''Witch hunt''
For Dennis, you're one letter off in both words.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

Excellent job Dennis. Thanks for showing us the truth.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Dennis you are the man! I wont be crossing you
Old 10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
t.willis

You people are pathetic with your nitpicking. This is a product that allowed those who wanted to fly turbines to do so without paying outrageous prices for a model. It seems to me that thers is a group of elitist who are jealous, it seems they want this part of the sport for them selves,only!. -astards!!  If I were Henry I would continue to help the little guy and ignore the jerks (you know who you are). That is what giving back is all about, by his own admission that is what he wanted to do.

t.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
siclick33

That doesn't really prove much though. Maybe ModellbauUSA bought a few hundred fuselages, made their own upgrades and supplied their own wings to improve the product. Surely it's not really a Falcon any more then, or is it? The truth is that these models appear to have sold fairly quickly in large numbers so no matter what the origin there is still a demand for them.

That said, I do think it is sad that Henry appears to have thrown his toys out of the cot just because he has received some criticism from a few individuals. I would have thought that businessmen would be made of stronger stuff than this and it doesn't bode well for the longevity of ModellbauUSA.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
ModellbauUK

I don't blame Henry for chucking in the towel as he is only trying to bring cost effective great jet models to the worldwide market.  We are having a meeting later this week to discuss the way forward in light of the extreme demand for the Tornado I have experienced.

Henry is just very passionate about his products and takes great umbridge at the Mafioso way certain companies employ "reviewers/self acclaimed experts" to do their very dirty work for them.

I for one think that it will be a great shame if the Tornados are not produced anymore.  The demand for the kits in the UK, Belgium, Austria and Dubai has been astounding.

Come on guys lets be more positive

Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 AM
VF84sluggo

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK
I for onethinkthat it will be a great shame if the Tornados are not produced anymore.
+1
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

+2 (Especially if the majority of the criticism has been coming from a 50 year old virgin).

Beave

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I for one think that it will be a great shame if the Tornados are not produced anymore.
+1
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

+3
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't blame Henry for chucking in the towel as he is only trying to bring cost effective great jet models to the worldwidemarket. We are having a meeting later this week to discuss the way forward in light of the extremedemand for the Tornado I have experienced.

Henry is just very passionate about his products and takes great umbridge at the Mafioso way certain companies employ "reviewers/self acclaimed experts" to do their very dirty work for them.

I for onethinkthat it will be a great shame if the Tornados are not produced anymore. The demand for the kits in theUK, Belgium, Austria and Dubai has been astounding.

Come on guys lets be more positive

If you have a product that is in high demand why stop selling it because someone points out the obvious Those that have seen the Falcon and Tornado up close
and side by side know that they are pretty much one and the same, but the Tornado has some design enhancement to make it better suited for turbine use
especialy for the novice. I know a lot of guys really like the Falcon with a turbine but also you have to beef up the wings and take it easy on them if not the
wing will fold.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

[:@]Did anyone ask Dennis if has a Tornado? If he doesn't, then what does he care where it comes from or what mods Hennry made to it? Like others have mentioned here, it put a lot people into turbines that otherwise might not have gotten into them. Just because you can afford to spend $8,500.00 for a complete jet ready to fly, doesn't mean everyone else can. I have a friend that lives in CA. and he said if the Tornado had been out when he was looking to get into turbine jets, he wouldn't have bought the Falcon 120. I think Hennry was just trying to get more pilots that wanted to fly turbine planes out there. Sure, he could pull everything that applies to RC off the market right now and not even miss it. Like he said, He wanted to bring out a low cost jet for other people that couldn't afford the hight price ones. Cut him a break......

Larry
Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM
geonato

I've beenfollowing thisthread fromthe beginning, Henryisagreat guy,and LeonardoBrazilModellbauvery attentive,agreat teamare to be congratulatedin the futureI willbuyatornado.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
rpat

Is this true , that Henry will not produce any more airframes at all? All I am getting from these posts is that the fuselages came from China.......SO WHAT IF THEY DID....how else could you get a turbine airframe for the price that we did. Will some one please give a straight forward explanation on what is going on here.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
ausfester

Guys,

As an owner of a Tornado, and knowing several people whom own Falcons to the point I've put a falcon wing on my tornado just to see if it would fit.. and it did.
Ultimately you need to consider this from Henris POV, If he made it commercially known that he is importing these from Overseas, then he would be slashing his own throat.
It would be only weeks before other "manafacturers" started importing them with the similar modifications, We are all in business to make a living.

He found a market, he supplied to that market, he provided excellent service and i thank him for that. The leap from Arf Gassers to Turbines was significantly reduced with the product he has developed for me anyway.
I say developed because thats exactly what he did, worked with suppliers to create a product almost ready to fly for a turbine.

Im disapointed that some of what we were told may not be true, however it doesnt change the product. The facts are that the Tornado is not a Falcon 120, and i highly doubt they came from the same factory.
If you know the falcon 120, i've seen a few here in Aussie land that if you pulled on the formers they popped right out. Lack of Glue is very evident, Hinges are different. This is not the case with the Tornado, its not perfect but its a significant improvement on the Falcon 120.
I've had my issues with the Tornado, but im now very very happy.

We have a member at our club who brought a falcon 120, by the time he made it airworthy, the time/cost was more than what a tornado was going to cost. The fuel tank alone make it more expensive..

I wish Henri all the best with his future endevours, Have we not all told a little white commercial lie to ensure the success of our business?
Dont you all know that Dell, Apple, Asus, HP pretty much make all motherboards in the Foxxcon Factory in china? All slightly different reference boards but alot of the same components?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
furycham

It's a shame that the Tornado is not going to be produce anymore. It was on my wish list for next christmas.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
rpat

Has henry said himself that he will not produce any more airframes. I have not seen this statement any where that he said this!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
VF84sluggo

ORIGINAL: furycham

It's a shame that the Tornado is not going to be produce anymore. It was on my wish list for next christmas.
Me too. I'm hoping he will reconsider and press on with the next version of the Tornado, and not let a few nattering-nabobs spoil everything.

If you don't like what Henry's doing, vote with your wallet and go elsewhere. The rest of us like what we see.

Sluggo
Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 PM
furycham

ORIGINAL: rpat

Has henry said himself that he will not produce any more airframes. I have not seen this statement any where that he said this!
Read post #1483
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
ModellbauUK

Just to let you know I have arranged a meeting with Henry next week to discuss the best way forward and hope to convince him to carry on producing the Tornado.

He is devoted to bringing cost effective good quality jets to the worldwide market and for my part this has been a great success in the UK and the rest of Europe/UAE.

Just take a look at this video of his Freedom UAV to see where the big money is made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGE77lSnt3Q<o></o>

I was on the phone to him tonight as he was finalising plans in Germany to open a large machine shop to manufacture UAV Turbines for a very large military contract in the UAE

For the record as a groupwe buy several containers of balsa fromJiangxiFly Model Co. each year as well as hardware and wheels from china, we buy CA from the largest factory in the world, also in China. Several thousand dolars of product is bought from Vietnam and Thailand.

Henry buys several hundred IMAC and prop planes from Fly Model toofor his hobby shop in Brazil

I'm sure that I will be able to convince him to carry on producing the Tornado in light of recent dealership agreements I am working on at the moment in Sweden & Germany. Can't blame the guy for saying "what the heck, this isn't worth the hassle" when you consider everything else he is involved with.

I'll keep you all posted of developments,fingers crossed I can convince himto carry on production.

I've heard rumours that maybe the Navycat isn't going to be produced after all, will keep you posted on this too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.