RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Reply
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
  #1801
KC36330
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Enterprise, AL
Posts: 5,952
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

What CG are you guys using? It appears the 12 3/4 is nose heavy is this the case?

12 3/4 works fine, it depends on your flying style if you need to adjust it.
KC36330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
  #1802
Jetfan20
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 309
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Quote:
ORIGINAL: KC36330


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

What CG are you guys using? It appears the 12 3/4 is nose heavy is this the case?

12 3/4 works fine, it depends on your flying style if you need to adjust it.
Thank You, I will use that for starters. Also, Thanks to the guys who posted pics of their motor mount ideas. I used the one supplied, had to modify it a little but my engine fits like a glove.
Jetfan20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  #1803
4wheelin711
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ks, LA
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Can anyone tell me or recommend a can of orange paint that matches the tornados orange color? Mine came with a mis-matched red canopy and I need to paint it orange to match the plane.
4wheelin711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 PM
  #1804
djrnav
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: sunrise, FL
Posts: 18
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

PPG omni 60376
djrnav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
  #1805
Dieselman1220
 
Dieselman1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 682
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rcman35

Finally got my jet running after a month of building and if weather permits we will give it the mainden flight. next week. The amt 180 should be good The kit was ok need alot of work alot of little things Over all it is nice
THats what I fly mine with I think its a perfect match
Dieselman1220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
  #1806
Dieselman1220
 
Dieselman1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 682
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rcman35

Finally got my jet running after a month of building and if weather permits we will give it the mainden flight. next week. The amt 180 should be good The kit was ok need alot of work alot of little things Over all it is nice
THats what I fly mine with I think its a perfect match
Dieselman1220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
  #1807
RCKen.
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lawford, OK
Posts: 19
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I like my plane better it fly nice fast van tornado
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37620.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1697716  
RCKen. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 AM
  #1808
MrPheer
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 89
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: djrnav

PPG omni 60376
Thank you. Mine came with a red canopy as well.
MrPheer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
  #1809
4wheelin711
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ks, LA
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Yeah, thanks djrnav, I cant find this paint anywhere though. Can you tell me were to get it?

Im currently soldering the linkages. What a pain.. Did anyone go a different route on the linkages?
4wheelin711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
  #1810
jetflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 663
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 4wheelin711

Yeah, thanks djrnav, I cant find this paint anywhere though. Can you tell me were to get it?

Im currently soldering the linkages. What a pain.. Did anyone go a different route on the linkages?
The paint can be obtained at any PPG paint dealer- look for automotive paint suppliers.

I Did not solder my linkages. I used 4-40 all-threaded rod, and JB Welded a Sullivan clevis on one end, measured the rod and threaded the other end as normal with another Sullivan clevis. Secure and simple.
Greg
jetflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
  #1811
Modellbau USA
Thread Starter
 
Modellbau USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 773
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Thanks greg that is definitly a way to do it.

Guys just a quick update, The New V3 Torndo's will be here in Feb. Just a few key changes that we made to the new Tornado's

1. Composite Booms carbonfiber reinforced
2. Composite Stabilizer
3. The fuse has several Carbon Fiber reinforcements. Nose, Motor Mount etc...
4. Landing Gear is 1 1/2 inches shorter
5. All Servo's are internal Ail,Rudder, Flaps
6. Wings are built with Ply wood and carbonfiber ( no more balsa, only for sheeting )
7. new cockpit tub for easier installation
8. Airplane is now built for Rabbit 100 or P100


With the Rabbit 100, thanks to my buddy from the Florida Highway Patrol got radared at 200 MPH ish maybe a little more but I will not admit to it. LOL
I will have detailed pictures of all the mods and the new sport jet scheme in about 1 week. Pre-Orders will be taken in 2 weeks. The best change of all is the price

Pre-Order Price of $449.00

Modellbau USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:10 PM
  #1812
Kenrico
 
Kenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: La Ceiba , HONDURAS
Posts: 461
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Waiting for the Pics ! [>:]
Kenrico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 AM
  #1813
funflyerf4
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: vernon, NJ
Posts: 682
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Thanks greg that is definitly a way to do it.

Guys just a quick update, The New V3 Torndo's will be here in Feb. Just a few key changes that we made to the new Tornado's

1. Composite Booms carbonfiber reinforced
2. Composite Stabilizer
3. The fuse has several Carbon Fiber reinforcements. Nose, Motor Mount etc...
4. Landing Gear is 1 1/2 inches shorter
5. All Servo's are internal Ail,Rudder, Flaps
6. Wings are built with Ply wood and carbonfiber ( no more balsa, only for sheeting )
7. new cockpit tub for easier installation
8. Airplane is now built for Rabbit 100 or P100


With the Rabbit 100, thanks to my buddy from the Florida Highway Patrol got radared at 200 MPH ish maybe a little more but I will not admit to it. LOL
I will have detailed pictures of all the mods and the new sport jet scheme in about 1 week. Pre-Orders will be taken in 2 weeks. The best change of all is the price

Pre-Order Price of $449.00



The price does not include landing gear does it?And what landing gear will be needed?

Frank
funflyerf4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM
  #1814
Modellbau USA
Thread Starter
 
Modellbau USA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 773
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

That is correct that does not include landing gear. It comes with all hardware needed, fuel tank and motor mount. We will be selling a landing gear package made by spring air and Dreamworks will be making a set of custom Pro-link gear if you choose to go that route.
Modellbau USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM
  #1815
4wheelin711
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ks, LA
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I ran into a problem. The nose landing gear strut and retract mount are both female ends. How do you connect the two together. Am I missing something? The two wing struts had a male end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54076.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	1700354  
4wheelin711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
  #1816
Kenrico
 
Kenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: La Ceiba , HONDURAS
Posts: 461
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

There should be a pin provided with the struts, and you secure it with the set screw.
Kenrico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
  #1817
KC36330
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Enterprise, AL
Posts: 5,952
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

the nose pin, wheel color, steering tiller arm and centering wire are in a bag included in the kit.
KC36330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
  #1818
BaldEagel
 
BaldEagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kent, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 9,635
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I know just the chap to help you with that front Olio: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zbfZxvsDp3c LOL

Mike
BaldEagel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
  #1819
leopaul
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: , QC, CANADA
Posts: 157
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Henry, Please, put me on the list, i take one!
leopaul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
  #1820
4wheelin711
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ks, LA
Posts: 11
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Ok, I found the pin and collar. I just wasnt looking in the right bag. thanks!
4wheelin711 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
  #1821
Jetfan20
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 309
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

That is correct that does not include landing gear. It comes with all hardware needed, fuel tank and motor mount. We will be selling a landing gear package made by spring air and Dreamworks will be making a set of custom Pro-link gear if you choose to go that route.
Hey Henry,

I pickup a Tornado V1 second hand and it had your original servo package already installed and the plane has flown. But after trimming out, the plane still wouldn't hold a straight line. After landing, I looked at the elevator servos, it appears that the output shaft/gear wiggles a bit, normally its the linkages that causes this but they are solid. Did you guys notice this problem with your servos? I will be changing them out, mine seems a bit loose. Thanks
Jetfan20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:31 PM
  #1822
KC36330
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Enterprise, AL
Posts: 5,952
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

i've got a good many flights on the MBA servo set in my Tornado with no problems at all.
KC36330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:27 PM
  #1823
Jetfan20
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 309
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet


Quote:
ORIGINAL: KC36330

i've got a good many flights on the MBA servo set in my Tornado with no problems at all.
Does yours have any slop in the output shaft? My elevators and rudders moves 1/8-1/4" from the slop, the aileron & flaps seems to be ok. I don't know if this happens over time or maybe just a bad couple of servos.
Jetfan20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
  #1824
KC36330
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Enterprise, AL
Posts: 5,952
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

very little backlash, maybe 1/16th inch tops on the surface.
KC36330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 AM
  #1825
BaldEagel
 
BaldEagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kent, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 9,635
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I know most will think it obvious, but are you judging the slop with power on or off, with the power on the slop on most servo's does decrease.

Mike
BaldEagel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:20 AM.