Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:54 AM
ModellbauUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Ian

Send me a kit and I will do an unbiased build thread.

Mike
The Tornado has already been built by hundredsof satisfied Modellers so no need for a review. We just need good quality guidance on getting new Tornado pilots in the air and demonstrate the models many positive attributes.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:16 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK
See the model for what it is, a low price excellent flying jet...
That's exactly why this jet looks like a nice change from my Baby Boomer!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

You have to admit the lines are a whole lot more slick too. So you going to take the plunge and get over the issues with my hints & tips?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
r 3

The Tornado has already been built by hundredsof satisfied Modellers so no need for a review.
and some not so satisfied

Will you be on the show line with the V3 or will you have a trade stand @ the Nationals, Barkston Heath I would like to give you a few tips on the build.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: r 3

The Tornado has already been built by hundredsof satisfied Modellers so no need for a review.

Will you be on the show line with the V3 or will you have a trade stand @ the Nationals, Barkston Heath I would like to give you a few tips on the build.
The V3 will be there but won't be flying as it's only just arrived here.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: r 3

PM your build tips over to me, do you have a V2? All good tips greatly received to help everyone out with the V3.

Thanks

Ian

Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Ian

Send me a kit and I will do an unbiased build thread.

Mike
The Tornado has already been built by hundredsof satisfied Modellers so no need for a review. We just need good quality guidance on getting new Tornado pilots in the air and demonstrate the models many positive attributes.

The problem as I see it is that most of the builders of the Tornado are those that are new to the jet scene, what I am offering is someone who has been through the mill a bit and can give a insight into what the Tornado can offer without a massive outlay, just thought you may appreciate my offer.

Mike
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

You have to admit the lines are a whole lot more slick too. So you going to take the plunge and get over the issues with my hints & tips?

Yes, that is the appeal for going to this jet as my "fun" jet, and not switch to the Sprint. It is just a matter of time before I switch. The Baby Boomer is going strong though, is in great physical condition, and is not quite ready to be retired just yet.

Also, I need to construct a dimensional mock-up of the Tornado to make sure I can fit it into my Xterra in one piece. I gather the wings are not easily removable.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
david robinson

Not sure what your offering but te Tornado had been written up in a 6 page article in RC Jet intl. There are hundreds of kits out there last time I spoke to Henry at Florida Jets Brazil alone had 70+ kits and they are getting 100 more from his last post and you want to do a build thread to give your opinion? Sounds like you want a free kit. Yes there are things to fix but the kit is $499 for a Turbine model not $1000 like a boomer or turbinator. I'm sure if he raised the price $400 the kit would be perfect. Henry chime in here
Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: david robinson

Not sure what your offering but te Tornado had been written up in a 6 page article in RC Jet intl. There are hundreds of kits out there last time I spoke to Henry at Florida Jets Brazil alone had 70+ kits and they are getting 100 more from his last post and you want to do a build thread to give your opinion? Sounds like you want a free kit. Yes there are things to fix but the kit is $499 for a Turbine model not $1000 like a boomer or turbinator. I'm sure if he raised the price $400 the kit would be perfect. Henry chime in here
No sorry David, I don't want the kit I already have enough, just thought an unbiased opinion from someone who has been involved since the introduction of the Falcon may be of interest, once built I would send the kit back to Ian.

Mike
Old 08-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

I'm not here to stir the pot everybody is entitled to there opinion. All I can tell you is mass production in huge quantities is very very difficult. Since march I have gotten 2 40ft containers of airplanes that 258 planes per container and there all gone. I expect to have the 3rd one by October. When you make these many airplanes certain small things fall through the cracks. Construction of the booms fuse and wing are sold tons of glue and carbon fiber. The formers in the fuse come loose because some of the fuses don't get cleaned completly with Alcohol before glueing formers they are wiped down quickly and away they go. The factory produces 10 planes per day so we do our best. If we built 1 plane per day or 1 per week and I charged $1200 for the kit I can bet you that every single plane would come out perfect. But I don't they cost $499 and the dealers get them for even less. So volume is how we work. If anybody want a custom made airplane I can do that. I have About 40 completly composite Tornado's out there for customers that ordered them like that and the get custom paint jobs of there liking. If any body wants one of those its $1750 and I assure you it will be perfect. We also make custom kits of any airplane as well. We have several customers that have custom planes made up from scratch but again they are no were near $499. We just finished a custom made F117 with full operating bombs and it even had a IR FPV camera on the nose.

Just because you guys only see the Tornado, F86 D and F16 as our planes people seem to forget that the real buisness we are in is UAV's so custom projects are no problem. In the very near future our UAV's will be one of the first to be integrated into the US national airspace system and used by FEMA.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Its a shame our country cost so much, would be nice to have thing made state side.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 PM
5skyhawk172

So Henry you have no quality control over your product.  Very sad! 
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why dont you just purchase this from Hobby king. exactly the same plane with exactly the same faults for $165.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
gatorbait2

I can't believe that nobody knows the truth of this whole story.
While Henry claimed this plane was made in his factory in South America, it is actually made by Flymodel in China.
It is a Falcon 120. With sheeted wings. When he said he had hundreds of flights on the Tornado, before he started selling them, it was actually hundreds of flights by a different guy, who had a Falcon 120 he had sheeted the wings on.
The wholesale cost is about $100, add a set of springair retracts for another $100, and at $495 each, Henry is making plenty of money on each plane.
Since nobody has ever folded the wings on a Falcon 120, you can get the exact same thing from Nitroplanes or a dozen other vendors for $149-189, only the wings will not be fully sheeted.
He is also greatly exaggerating the number of these planes sold, he is not getting 250 at once, more like a hundred, there have only been a few hundred sold.
Flymodel has been looking for other dealers because of this.
Quality control, if he wanted to pay for good quality control, like formers glued in properly, and wanted to go to China to inspect the goods before packing, he could get better quality. Instead, the quality is exactly the same as you get from HobbyKing or Nitroplanes, pretty shabby.

The Hurricane never flew, and there were never 250 of them sold to a foreign goverment as target drones. The plane had serious problems.

The F86D is the old propjet one that Nitroplanes and others sold for many years for $140. They just added a fiberglass nose to it. It has the same quality control issues and dutch roll of the prop model, just at a much much higher price.

The F16 he is talking about does not exist yet. It is a copy of the old Cermark F16, made by Jetlegend. Henry got a couple of them to copy. Jetlegend would never sell this design to him, the rights are still owned by Cermark. Flymodel just sent the Cermark F-16s, one used, one new, that Henry provided, to a mold maker to be copied. Does that bother anyone, that the design is a copy?

I think Henry would do better if he did not bend the truth so much. I think more and more people are finding out the real deal.
Now you know the story of those planes and where they really come from.
He can deny it all he wants, but the plane is made by Flymodel and is a Falcon 120.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM
gatorbait2

ORIGINAL: 5skyhawk172

So Henry you have no quality control over your product. Very sad!
He has perfect control if he cared to exert it and pay for it. For over 100% markup, you would think he would have those workers in his mysterious factory in South America regluing the formers. Or since he is a big wheel with Homeland Security, he would jet over to China and inspect the planes before they are packaged, that would be called quality control.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:08 PM
gatorbait2

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi

I don't know why, but I do know I ordered the F-86D when they were on sale for $500 plus shipping. Even at that price, I turned around and sold it for $400 plus shipping after opening the box and examining it for 5 minutes. The formers were cracking away from the skin with a little force and the fit of the parts was pathetic. There was CA fogging all over the monokote on the wings. No surprise to me that the formers still pop out.
Which is exactly the same as the Nitroplanes one, sold five years ago, for $149. Because it's the same plane, with a different nose, instead of a prop plane, it's now a $500 turbine plane. Just add "turbine" to the name and the price went up three times. The wholesale cost on that plane is $100, and it really shows in things like formers popping out. It's a really low-end product gussied up a little bit with magic marketing.

You can see it right here.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/ne***saracoa.html
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
gatorbait2

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

No Excuse at all when this is version 3, very difficult to stop those china men from sticking things with flour and water
No, it's not hard to get them to do a good job, you just need to pay them ten bucks more and watch what they are doing. You won't find the formers popping out on a Habu 32, and if they were, you'd call Horizon and they would take care of you. $495 is not giving away a Falcon 120, it's a huge, over 100 percent profit margin, and there is no excuse for the lack of care or quality control, someone simply does not want to pay for the job to be done right.
Other people do not seem to have the same issues of formers not being glued in, it's a case of Henry getting just what he paid for.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 PM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: gatorbait2

I can't believe that nobody knows the truth of this whole story.
While Henry claimed this plane was made in his factory in South America, it is actually made by Flymodel in China.
It is a Falcon 120. With sheeted wings. When he said he had hundreds of flights on the Tornado, before he started selling them, it was actually hundreds of flights by a different guy, who had a Falcon 120 he had sheeted the wings on.
The wholesale cost is about $100, add a set of springair retracts for another $100, and at $495 each, Henry is making plenty of money on each plane.
Since nobody has ever folded the wings on a Falcon 120, you can get the exact same thing from Nitroplanes or a dozen other vendors for $149-189, only the wings will not be fully sheeted.
He is also greatly exaggerating the number of these planes sold, he is not getting 250 at once, more like a hundred, there have only been a few hundred sold.
Flymodel has been looking for other dealers because of this.
Quality control, if he wanted to pay for good quality control, like formers glued in properly, and wanted to go to China to inspect the goods before packing, he could get better quality. Instead, the quality is exactly the same as you get from HobbyKing or Nitroplanes, pretty shabby.

The Hurricane never flew, and there were never 250 of them sold to a foreign goverment as target drones. The plane had serious problems.

The F86D is the old propjet one that Nitroplanes and others sold for many years for $140. They just added a fiberglass nose to it. It has the same quality control issues and dutch roll of the prop model, just at a much much higher price.

The F16 he is talking about does not exist yet. It is a copy of the old Cermark F16, made by Jetlegend. Henry got a couple of them to copy. Jetlegend would never sell this design to him, the rights are still owned by Cermark. Flymodel just sent the Cermark F-16s, one used, one new, that Henry provided, to a mold maker to be copied. Does that bother anyone, that the design is a copy?

I think Henry would do better if he did not bend the truth so much. I think more and more people are finding out the real deal.
Now you know the story of those planes and where they really come from.
He can deny it all he wants, but the plane is made by Flymodel and is a Falcon 120.

+1
Old 08-12-2012, 02:44 AM
kmrcjets

sorry but the wholesale cost of a falcon 120 is more than $100 usd plus freight more
like plus freight $200 plus. i know as i import them into the land of oz. we throw out
the chinese h/ware and replace it with dubro h/ware and a fibreglass tank 2.2 litres.
stronger wing spar 20mmx 3mm wall thickness.trim aircraft retracts and brakes.
by the way the brakes and wheels that spring air supplies to henry are made by trim aircraft)
throw all this together with a kingtech K80 and you got a great priced model. i am not
putting what i sell them for here as i only sell in australia and new zealand. one more
thing a falcon 120 is still a falcon 120 no matter what you call it
good luck all
ken
kmrc jets
kingtech turbines australia
Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 AM
gatorbait2

You might be paying too much, if you are paying $200 without freight, you are getting hosed, in the USA, the retail price for the plane is never more than $189, and Nitroplanes often has them on sale for $149. As a matter of fact, HobbyKing has them right now in their Australian Warehouse for $169. If you are paying $200, you ought to offer Flymodel $110, which is what everybody else is paying.

Henry also ordered a batch of struts from a guy in Vietnam, then he did not pay for them, that guy got stuck with hundreds of falcon 120 struts.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 AM
kmrcjets

gatorbait
in australia our kind government charges us with a little revenue raiser
called GST (goods and services tax) which we have to pay to them. they
are so kind hearted that they even charge us for the freight costs as well
this will explain why the models cost more in the great land of oz. now you
can ask your suppliers to devalue your goods to save some dough but if
you get caught doing this you stand to lose said goods and thenthey will
give you another cool revenue raiser called a hefty great fine. forgot to mention
the gst is10% on anything over $1000aud. i hope that clears up the higher
prices we have to charge for imported goods
cheers
ken
kmrc jets
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 AM
gatorbait2

ORIGINAL: kmrcjets

gatorbait
in australia our kind government charges us with a little revenue raiser
called GST (goods and services tax) which we have to pay to them. they
are so kind hearted that they even charge us for the freight costs as well
this will explain why the models cost more in the great land of oz. now you
can ask your suppliers to devalue your goods to save some dough but if
you get caught doing this you stand to lose said goods and then they will
give you another cool revenue raiser called a hefty great fine. forgot to mention
the gst is10% on anything over $1000aud. i hope that clears up the higher
prices we have to charge for imported goods
cheers
ken
kmrc jets
I can understand that, that's the stuff you have to deal with to import into Australia.
But the wholesale cost of the Flymodel Falcon 120, otherwise known as the Tornado, is about $110, which is why HobbyKing and others can sell it for $169 with no problem. The wholesale cost of a set of Springair retracts is under $100, you can call Bill Watton at Springair and confirm that, too.
Again, the Hurricane never flew. It is not flyable.
The F16 is a splash of the Cermark F16. The one that Henry showed in his thread was a Cermark F-16 he got from somewhere. And just now Flymodel has gotten around to having a moldmaker make a copy of it.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 AM
kmrcjets

mate the others might be getting better prices if they order in larger quantities
i wil take this up with shaonian at fly model. they are sending metwo of the F86D sabres
will have a look at it. fly model have also beenasked how to make the falcon better. will hold
off on that for a while. the f16 i know nothing about. the falcons and tornado's as every one knows
you still have to put in plenty of work to make them suitable for turbine use which is beyond
some of the modelers buying them.if anyone buy's from hobby king and doesn't know how
to do the mod's they are just wasting there time or looking at dangerous crash.hobby king
will gladly take the cash but they wont give any advice other than say read the instructions.
regards
ken
kmrc jets
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Keep doing the work for us Henry! They complain but don't make the effort you do to make a difference. It is easy to google and arm chair quaterback! But all the haters can hate!

And last I knew this is still is a free market society! keep making money, and putting a smile on your face! And mine!

Thanks for doing the work for us! My time is worth a lot more than sheeting a wing, changing the covering and making a mount.

For the record, my flying partner has a 120 and has put a lot more money and time making his turbine ready than I did. Tanks, mods, ect. This is a fact gentlemen.

Go Henry!!!!! Make money and enjoy! Forum trolls don't pay the bills!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.