Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Tornado sport jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Tornado sport jet

Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

okay so not to be a jerk but how does that help us here in the states. I trim my canopy below the line and it still does not fit. then I cut around the lip area of the hatch opening with a dremel and it still did not sink down far e enough. there is just no way to make this fit right. a lot of guys at the field at in and they all say how the heck can they be selling a plane with the canopy like that

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Everything fits perfectly now on the kits which leave me. Even the V2 canopy fits the V3 fuzz. I know as I have 2 V3's with V2 canopies fitted. Provided you fit them correctly they are fine.

The Tornados I supply are spot on now i supply and all you have is put them together.

End of......

Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a buddy with a falcon 120, unmodified, with a ram 500. He runs WOT the entire flight even in dives, not a single issue. He has a mouth wash bottle for a gas tank, and hs-225mg servos all around. I've been waiting for the wings to fold or tail to give but after years, as in 6+ years, nothing wrong with it at all.

So if the tornado is modeled after the falcon, given its modifications to strengthen it, I think you are fine.

The falcon's wings arent even fully sheeted!

I really want a tornado, I have the f-86D which looks much better. But I hear the tornado is faster with the same turbine. I'd like to find out Because the f-86D is WAY faster than my buddies falcon 120 with a ram 500, and the climbout is amazing, I love the dog, great grass jet too.

If anyone has a tornado they want to sell let me know!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

This implies the falcon adn tornado are the same thing, one just modified. I am being told that it is not the falcon 120 at all. So to answer your question assuming this is true, then the difference is that it is not even the same jet and you cannot compare them. Its like asking why the BVM Mig canopy fits the BVM mig, but the byron MIG canopy doesnt fit the Byron mig. NOthing to do with eachother.

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

But what is different to the canopy supplied with the Tornado that is no good to the one that is supplied with the Falcon?
one that is supplied with the Falcon?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: essyou35

This implies the falcon adn tornado are the same thing, one just modified. I am being told that it is not the falcon 120 at all. So to answer your question assuming this is true, then the difference is that it is not even the same jet and you cannot compare them. Its like asking why the BVM Mig canopy fits the BVM mig, but the byron MIG canopy doesnt fit the Byron mig. NOthing to do with eachother.
You are not getting it, we have been down this road a thousand times, the tornado V1 & V2 arose from the ashes of a Falcon 120 and was meant to be the "improved" version yet it still contained all the flaws and now owners are saying the canopy dos'nt fit.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
ModellbauUK

I must resist!!! I must resist!!!!!

That old Troll must not be fed!!

Eventually it will die of starvation!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
TimWatson
Banned

Or the reason these same things keep being said over and over is simply because they are true.

Does the V3 still have the moulding in the back of the fus where the throttle cable was supposed to poke through when it was a falcon 120
Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
TimWatson
Banned

ORIGINAL: essyou35

But what is different to the canopy supplied with the Tornado that is no good to the one that is supplied with the Falcon?
one that is supplied with the Falcon?
Implies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where on earth have you been
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 AM
TUMBLER

still has the opening for the throttle cable mold in and still has the huge giant opening for the nose wheel that is not needed and don't know why it needs to be so big. it should just be a 2 inch wide opening not a drumstick looking thing. and the reason it's like that is because they did not want to redo the mold for the nose wheel liner

ORIGINAL: TimWatson

Or the reason these same things keep being said over and over is simply because they are true.

Does the V3 still have the moulding in the back of the fus where the throttle cable was supposed to poke through when it was a falcon 120
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
ModellbauUK

Tumbler

That hole is perfect for strapping turbine cables and fuel line too. You could say it was designed for it.

The hole at the front is where the nose wheel goes when it is retracted. If it was not there the wheel would bag against the fuse and wouldn't fully retract
Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
TUMBLER

I know the hole isthere for retracting the wheel I've been been building planest for 25 years lol. my point was that they made the holde way too big. the hole should have been made a lot smaller and then allowed to be opened up by the modeler. I have 1 inch gap on each side of the strt which is not necessary. I'm not going to argue with you about it but the opening is way too big and it's because they did not take the time to make a new new nose well liner
honestly there is no need for a nose well liner and I do not even have 1 in mind so it would have been nice if they would have made the hole smaller because now I have a giant opening that is not necessary and just cosmetically looks bad

Tumbler

That hole is perfect for strapping turbine cables and fuel line too. You could say it was designed for it.

The hole at the front is where the nose wheel goes when it is retracted. If it was not there the wheel would bag against the fuse and wouldn't fully retract
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM
TUMBLER

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

I know the hole isthere for retracting the wheel I've been been building planest for 25 years lol. my point was that they made the holde way too big. the hole should have been made a lot smaller and then allowed to be opened up by the modeler. just like a composite are spark nosewheel is done. . I have 1 inch gap on each side of the strt which is not necessary. I'm not going to argue with you about it but the opening is way too big and it's because they did not take the time to make a new new nose well liner honestly there is no need for a nose well liner and I do not even have 1 in mine so it would have been nice if they would have made the hole smaller because now I have a giant opening that is not necessary and just cosmetically looks bad

Tumbler

Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

None of the nosewheel liners I have seen are any good anyway as they are not deep enough. I agree the hole is too way too big, but that is what you get with Chinese kits. My leg with the trailing link retracts fully into the fuselage. The supplied Falcon/navycat/tornado liner is only good for a streight wire leg with half the wheel hanging out.

I am going to make two doors for mine that are opened with the wheel and pulled closed again with the wheel, when I get them done I will post the pics.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 PM
ModellbauUK

None of the nosewheel liners I have seen are any good anyway as they are not deep enough. I agree the hole is too way too big, but that is what you get with Chinese kits. My leg with the trailing link retracts fully into the fuselage. The supplied Falcon/navycat/tornado liner is only good for a streight wire leg with half the wheel hanging out.

I am going to make two doors for mine that are opened with the wheel and pulled closed again with the wheel, when I get them done I will post the pics.
Neat idea and is quite easy to do I suppose.

Look forward to seeing your pics

Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM
ModellbauUK

The holes too big, what ever next!!! LMFAO

Well I think the red is just too red. I think they could have made the red less red.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:06 PM
TimWatson
Banned

Well I think the red is just too red. I think they could have made the red less red.

Might I suggest that you learn to accept constructive critisism. If you come on here mainly to sell your products It would be good if you listened to your customers and showed them a little respect. Have you ever heard the old saying the customer is always right
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
TimWatson
Banned

Now Seamus what do you mean Chinese kits you know the Tornado is made in South America . Have you learned nothing in all the time you have been on this thread
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
ModellbauUK

Hook, Line, Sinker..............Strike!!!!

I caught my self a Troll

Are we allowed to throw these back?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I caught my self a Troll

now thats funney
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM
TUMBLER

+1!!! After seeing ModelbauUK's last comment I now completley understand why nothing gets fixed. He seems to accept things that none of us do. When we critique things so that they can be fixed on future producttion runs, look how he reacts. The other day he asks if he can use my video for his site and now insults me for pointing out OBVIOUS flaws. I am just trying to help, so the next one I buy could potentially be better. On the left is a picture o my Tornado. Why is the hole cut so big? The bigger question is why would ModelbauUk try to make my criticism seem ridiculous. Clearly this is not acceptable. Look how a BVM Kingcat or Bobcat is done on the right. The hole should be rectangular and opened up to fit the particular gear being used if necessary.

Speaking of too red.....all the pictures advertise a red canopy frame. Why is mine white? So whether I buy an aftermarket canopy or not, I have to find matching paint. These little things should not be my job with an ARF. A kit yes, but not an ARF.

and what the heck is all this troll business. i am not familiar with the term.

Brian

ORIGINAL: TimWatson

Might I suggest that you learn to accept constructive critisism. If you come on here mainly to sell your products It would be good if you listened to your customers and showed them a little respect. Have you ever heard the old saying the customer is always right
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16207.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1805559  
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:53 PM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

I caught my self a Troll

now thats funney
Thanks George

Old 09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy crap! Is the photo on the left really the way it comes??? Of so, that is ridiculous!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
TUMBLER

Exactly? So am I being overly critical?? I say no way. Yes it flys GREAT and I do want another one, but why can't things like this be fixed.

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Holy crap! Is the photo on the left really the way it comes??? Of so, that is ridiculous!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Woketman

I agree. This is such a basic, easily fixed aspect. The real question is why not simply fix the simple issue instead of building more planes like that?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
TUMBLER

i am sure that it is not like that when it comes out of the mold. I designed and molded my own jet, so I am quite confident it is not. It is trimmed after. Very easy to cut it out like the Spark or the Flash then we can open it up with a dremel if we need to.

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I agree. This is such a basic, easily fixed aspect. The real question is why not simply fix the simple issue instead of building more planes like that?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19242.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	1805576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89693.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1805577  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Woketman

Exactly! Just leave it alone and let the modeler cut it the way he needs it. Common sense!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.