Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Habu 32 is here. Jetcat P-20 conversion.

Gary,

I have two 910 mah lipos for RX and one 2100 mah lipo for the turbine, smart fly regulator, tamjets conversion kit, Hitec 5085MG thru out and mine came out a little shy of 7lbs dry and 8 lbs wet. It flys wonderfully.

Dean

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gary Jefferson

Thanks for the information guys. Just one question; it sounds like you are just sliding the batteries through the former but how are you securing them since there is no access to the nose?
    Gary

The one I did I taped the Li-Po between two 10mm hard wood sticks, cleaned down the ends which were left open like a fork. When you slide the assy in the two sticks squeezed in slightly in the nose keeping the front end held and I had a pad of velcro on the back to stop it sliding out. I'll see if I can find pictures, it was 18 months ago now

Dave
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Same on the original I did for Ali, opened up the former above the tray in the nose section so I could slide the ECU main battery which was taped to a wide lolly pop type stick (think they are called tongue depressors - medical supplies) and slid into the nose section with a small pad of foam on the front to help a snug fit.

Attached is a picture of the first conversion I did which at the front of the canopy opening you can see a stick with black heatshrink over it secured with a screw to a carbon looking support plate near the opening this has a battery attached to it which was slid into the nose. Hope that helps.

marcs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo41053.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	1818037  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Marc, Do you still have the conversion kit available that Ali was selling? I've just bought the model and assumed i would still be able to buy this kit to fit the P-20. Thanks. Tom.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry no, I stopped making them a while back as I needed my life back

marcs

Hey Tom! Good to hear from you again.
    Unfortunately as Marc said the wonderful Habu conversions that he made for us are no more.... Good news is that I saved just one of the Pro conversions. I thought I may want to revisit the turbine Habu one day... It's yours if you want it !
    Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, FEJ, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ali, Great to hear from you as well. That sounds absolutely perfect. How do i get it from you? I see your profile going up and up. Hope your Dad and the shop is doing well. Let me know how to get the kit from you and let's do it. You have a P-20 as well? Thanks and take care. Tom.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have been flying a stock Habu32 stock fan and 6s pack with TJ struts out of our grass field, I am building another P20 version shortly with TJ struts as well. Does the P20 have have same thrust at takeoff as stock eflite fan or less? Want to make sure takeoff won't be a problem, our field is fairly long at 630' +

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm french :-)

I want to convert a Habu but where i can buy a conversion kit.

From what i've read in this topic, gbr jet no longer produces conversion kit.

Thanks for you answer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sonnich Johannesen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maidened my Habu32 P20 last weekend. 6.7lbs dry. No weight needed to balance.
    Like others that have flown one, a very impressive performer that flies bigger than it is.

I cut the nose off the fuse and mounted batteries, hopper tank and turbine ancillary gear in the nose space. An easy mod to do and worth it for the space gained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54903.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	272.4 KB 
ID:	1880201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs58314.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1880202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uz67925.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	1880203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ib82002.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	1880204  
    Jet Products Australia
    www.jetproductsaustralia.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: philjac94
    a very impressive performer that flies bigger than it is.
    I know exactly what you mean, all smaller planes get a locked in feeling much like the larger ones when powerd by a turbine. Everything from a funjet to the larger 120mm ones. Even though you might not think it's the case, it's very diffrent from flying it with electric power.
    /Henke
    www.youtube.com/henke2
    Ready2fly Yak-130 "Mitten", Lambert Kolibri T35 - Пенопласт летчик-истребитель

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unless your using. A real man edf unit
    Cincinnati Jet Club, Team Futaba, Esprit Models

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I started flying my Habu from a grass field last weekend and I am amazed at how well the plane flies. I was landing in 10-12mph crosswinds and it really handled the landings. I am in the process of installing some gyros on the flying surfaces so that I can fly it regularly in higher winds at jet meets.

Like everyone else has mentioned it flies like a much bigger plane and has a very good top end speed with the P-20. It can get pretty far out pretty quick but I do think it is has nice visibility in the air.

The best thing about the plane is no assembly/dis-assembly is required to carry it back and forth to the field. And, I can probably get 4-5 flights on one gallon of fuel.
    Gary Jefferson
    Jetcat USA

ORIGINAL: Bob_B

Unless your using. A real man edf unit
    LOL...
    How about short man power with a lot of green bottle a night before

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0Q-mpRy7M[/youtube]
    Tam Nguyen
    Owner TamJets
    www.tamjets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Of course Tam many green bottles
    Cincinnati Jet Club, Team Futaba, Esprit Models

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have a question on where most have placed the fuel shut off valve. I have mine between the tank and pump using the jetcat/tetra ball valve because it was easy to come off the header using 4mm to the valve then reduce it down to 3mm before the pump. I have flown this way and no issues, but concerned it really should be on the pressure side, because I tested a tetra style valve on a butane line and it leaks gas when shutoff around the seals so I fear it could potentially suck air. If I move to the pressure side then I will have to use 2 reducers to go from 4mm to 3mm. Just polling to see what others have done for this arrangement.

Thx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Use 4mm to the pump and 3mm out of the pump with the valve between the pump and the turbine, to put 4mm onto the pump use a short piece of 3mm on the pump nipple and push the 4mm over it and wire tie, pump gets better feed and the ECU will regulate the flow to the turbine, the shut off valve should be after the pump to allow shut off in the case of a pump runaway.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.
    No matter what anyone say's 100% is the maximum you can get.
    If you see a deleted post, my Avatar say's it all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for that, wish they made a ball valve with 3mm nipples so I don't have to step it down before and after.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The manual valve must be on the induction side of the pump!! People grossly underestimate the pressure a Hausl pump can deliver, these pumps will deliver 280lbs of pressure enough to blow up neoprene tubing with predictable consequences.

m

Quote Originally Posted by raptor30se View Post
    Thanks for that, wish they made a ball valve with 3mm nipples so I don't have to step it down before and after.
    I'm in the same boat with my P20 Habu 32. I run a ball valve after the header / before the pump.

On a second note, have you seen that Jets Munts are working on a 35nm turbine? I saw it at Jetpower, it seemed to be similar size and weight to the P20 so I'm thinking it could be a nice upgrade

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm waiting for that as well, it's a collaberation with John Wright's little "Sprite" I have used one, a very impressive little engine indeed.

m

http://youtu.be/_oeiK5FX5ks
    Last edited by mick15; 11-25-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mick15 View Post
    The manual valve must be on the induction side of the pump!! People grossly underestimate the pressure a Hausl pump can deliver, these pumps will deliver 280lbs of pressure enough to blow up neoprene tubing with predictable consequences.

m
    I've also been lead to belive that valve should be before the pump, if the fuel line fails the pump will keep pumping fuel into your airframe unless you can shut off its supply easily

hi guys,

i registered to this forum to contact Marc from GBR Jets to ask him for a kit of conversation for my habu 32 and luckily he got one for me (and seems to be the last one).

Today i maidened my habu with the p20 sx and it was a very great fly with a wonderful sound.
    I would like to congratule with Marc and Ali for this wonderful conversation and also thanks all the guys who share their ideas and experience in this project.

I attach some photos of my Habu

hi guys,

i registered to this forum to contact Marc from GBR Jets to ask him for a kit of conversation for my habu 32 and luckily he got one for me (and seems to be the last one).

Today i maidened my habu with the p20 sx and it was a very great fly with a wonderful sound.
    I would like to congratule with Marc and Ali for this wonderful conversation and also thanks all the guys who share their ideas and experience in this project.

I attach some photos of my Habu

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast