Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCU Buy/Sell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCU Buy/Sell

Apparently my trouble ticket did finally go thru. I just received this reply from RCU.
    "We are aware of a number of issues resulting from our recent site migration to new servers and service providers. We are working to correct these problems as quickly as possible."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why can I not get onto your web please e-mail me Bryan,
    bbflyby .
    bryanandjoni@cox.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also might be because that RCU was just sold again->

1.) Michael Kranitz and Marc Vigod have sold RCUniverse to Internet Brands, Inc. and will no longer be actively managing RCUniverse. IB is the leader in online communities and both Michael and Marc felt it was in the best interest of RCUniverse to allow IB's resources to further RCU and the R/C community in general.

Having a role in RCU since it began November 2001, I can say Michael and Marc will be missed as the owners of RCUniverse. It was very clear early on both were R/C enthusiasts and their passion for the hobby is what drove them to create and build RCUniverse into the premier online community for R/C. I suspect their passion for R/C will continue as they step away from RCU in a management capacity and pursue other ventures.

This acquisition leaves RCU in a great position to grow and expand. The IB team owns and operates state of the art community software, vBulletin, and is committed to improving all aspects of the RCU experience for advertisers, commercial members, and especially hobby enthusiasts. You can expect great things to come in 2011 and beyond; speed, simplicity, navigation, and more.

2.) One of these great things has happened already, RCUniverse and RCTech.net are now owned by the same company, Internet Brands. The opportunity from an advertising and product review standpoint is staggering. Your company now has the advantage of cross-marketing two of the largest r/c communities online; a combined total of more than half a million members!

Did you catch that? Combined, these two websites represent a little over 550,000 r/c hobby enthusiasts. NO WHERE can you find and take advantage of this concentration of membership. And never has there been a better time to advertise! With more affordable rate structures and significantly more membership, now is the time to take a closer look at your ad budgets and how you're going to utilize RCUniverse.com, RCTech.net and Wattflyer.com in 2011.

3.) Your contact for advertising, reviews and questions is no longer Erick Royer. Erick has amicably separated from RCU in an effort to pursue his goals in other areas that benefit both his family and himself. I personally will miss everything he had done for RCU over the years and hope to continue building the relationships you've had with RCU as a result.

Please update your information if you haven't done so already and remove Erick's association with RCU in your contact list. My information is as follows-

Nathan Maat
    Administrator & Advertising Director
    nathan@rcuniverse.com
    ph: 616-594-0188
    fx: 616-328-6539
    1.) Michael Kranitz and Marc Vigod have sold RCUniverse to Internet Brands, Inc. and will no longer be actively managing RCUniverse. IB is the leader in online communities and both Michael and Marc felt it was in the best interest of RCUniverse to allow IB's resources to further RCU and the R/C community in general.

Having a role in RCU since it began November 2001, I can say Michael and Marc will be missed as the owners of RCUniverse. It was very clear early on both were R/C enthusiasts and their passion for the hobby is what drove them to create and build RCUniverse into the premier online community for R/C. I suspect their passion for R/C will continue as they step away from RCU in a management capacity and pursue other ventures.

This acquisition leaves RCU in a great position to grow and expand. The IB team owns and operates state of the art community software, vBulletin, and is committed to improving all aspects of the RCU experience for advertisers, commercial members, and especially hobby enthusiasts. You can expect great things to come in 2011 and beyond; speed, simplicity, navigation, and more.

2.) One of these great things has happened already, RCUniverse and RCTech.net are now owned by the same company, Internet Brands. The opportunity from an advertising and product review standpoint is staggering. Your company now has the advantage of cross-marketing two of the largest r/c communities online; a combined total of more than half a million members!

Did you catch that? Combined, these two websites represent a little over 550,000 r/c hobby enthusiasts. NO WHERE can you find and take advantage of this concentration of membership. And never has there been a better time to advertise! With more affordable rate structures and significantly more membership, now is the time to take a closer look at your ad budgets and how you're going to utilize RCUniverse.com, RCTech.net and Wattflyer.com in 2011.

3.) Your contact for advertising, reviews and questions is no longer Erick Royer. Erick has amicably separated from RCU in an effort to pursue his goals in other areas that benefit both his family and himself. I personally will miss everything he had done for RCU over the years and hope to continue building the relationships you've had with RCU as a result.

Please update your information if you haven't done so already and remove Erick's association with RCU in your contact list. My information is as follows-

Nathan Maat
    Administrator & Advertising Director
    nathan@rcuniverse.com
    ph: 616-594-0188
    fx: 616-328-6539
    \"If you ain\'\'t crashed-You ain\'\'t flown\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks GSR for coming on and informing us!!! Hooker53
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WELL HERE WE GO GANG!TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH TO OWN UP TO THE FACT IT CHANGED HANDS. NOW EXPECT THE OTHER SHOE TO DROP! GET YOUR WALLETS OUT!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So its going to ran like ebay? I hope not

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC Groups Classifieds and for the go big or stay home crowd there's F.L.Y.I.N.G Giants... Both fantastic sites use them till RCU decides to fire there IT staff and hire some High School Kids who can make this place Flow!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flynnaire

RC Groups Classifieds and for the go big or stay home crowd there's F.L.Y.I.N.G Giants... Both fantastic sites use them till RCU decides to fire there IT staff and hire some High School Kids who can make this place Flow!!!!!!!!
    X100 on the firing of the IT staff.... Where to go?...not exactly. It seems like FG is banning some really good people for no good reason. Stupid. A LOT of people are jumping ship. Everyone is migrating to Team Flying Circus.
    Once you go Yak, you never go back!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buy&Sell service is unaviable so far.what has happened to RCU?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still not able to log on to the buy and sell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have tried to go to market place also. I got several spam and spyware warning from my AVG security. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is wrong with RCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had problems with it all week!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing works right and I need my fix [:@][:@][:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guess i'm luck to sell both my item before the site crash [8D].
    It's a hobby - keep it simple

www.332ndredtail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, i feel lucky too, I did a a trade last sunday

Hmm, ad rates are already too high on RCU. Profit margins have dropped dramatically since the Chinese entered the market and Hobby City took a foothold. I wonder if they ever take a look and see that RCG has 10x the number of ads in some of their forums.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

man sooo many days down!Whats going on..this is by far the best rc trading forum..OH WHERE OH WHERE DID RCU GO???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Market Place is back up!!!!!

Some areas are a bit slow, but it's up & functioning!!!!
    Jim L.
    Learn from the mistakes of others.You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its a wives conspiracy I just know it I cant do nothing anymore I have to do real work instead of browse and do FB man its gotta be a tragedy for RCU to just take a dump like this....[>:][sm=drowning.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheer up, it's up and running. Check it out, the sun is out, the birds are singing, the day looks brighter. It's a liitle slow but it is there.
    Cheers, Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: marksextra

ORIGINAL: flynnaire

X100 on the firing of the IT staff.... Where to go?...not exactly. It seems like FG is banning some really good people for no good reason. Stupid. A LOT of people are jumping ship. Everyone is migrating to Team Flying Circus.
    Why are they banning folks???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just uploaded a ton of Jetrelated itemstoday onF Giantssince RCUis having problems. Go to'SwapShop' and check it out! (RCU wouldnt let me upload the link)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just tried to go to market place and still unable [:@][:@][:@][:@] Getting old after 5 days

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Supermandoc8

Just tried to go to market place and still unable [:@][:@][:@][:@] Getting old after 5 days

I just went right in with no problems, it was much faster than yesterday

The only issue I have now is I am not receiving e-mail notifications when new products within my filtered parameters are being added to the marketplace.

Also I haven't been receiving e-mail notifications to my subscribed thread for the past week.

Rich
    The New Jet Central Rhino SP, Cheetah, & Super Eagle owner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's funny. I'm getting notification that one of my adds is expiring and I can't get in to it to work it. Ha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast