Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WINTER BUILDING PUT ON HOLD thanks FAA

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

WINTER BUILDING PUT ON HOLD thanks FAA

Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WINTER BUILDING PUT ON HOLD thanks FAA

Well this FAA stuff is crap. I'm uneasy at buying a new jet kit to build. I Would have already had it if it weren't for these idiots.

Anyone else holding new purchases for this issue????? What to do!! What to do?? I sure would hate to end up with an expensive paper weight!!!!

maybe I'll get into boats, but then the guvment would declair international waters and we have to get out.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM
jp_boud
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: WINTER BUILDING PUT ON HOLD thanks FAA

It's not just you jet guys, I planned to build my first kit this winter (a blue jay kaos) but don't want to "waste" the time and money just to find out the new restriction have sucked the fun out of my HOBBY!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 12-08-2010, 04:42 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

For me, its not just the future of my modeling, its the future of my son's as well. I'm not willing to just sit there and let this go buy, for either of our sakes. If the NPRM comes out with things that are detrimental to jet flying, then I'll do whatever I can to help get it changed. I prefer to remain confident that we'll be able to influence the process to keep our freedom to pursue the hobby as we have done safely and responsibly in the past.

I'm working on repainting my Euro and F-15, building a Turbinator with my son, and getting back to my Ziroli Panther and BVM Mig projects.

Don't give up and roll over, keep abreast of the process and commit yourselves to help out when necessary as much as you can to keep our hobby alive and well. If we all do that, we'll be OK. If we all throw up our hands and give in, we'll get what we deserve.

Bob

Old 12-08-2010, 04:51 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

For me, its not just the future of my modeling, its the future of my son's as well. I'm not willing to just sit there and let this go buy, for either of our sakes. If the NPRM comes out with things that are detrimental to jet flying, then I'll do whatever I can to help get it changed. I prefer to remain confident that we'll be able to influence the process to keep our freedom to pursue the hobby as we have done safely and responsibly in the past.

I'm working on repainting my Euro and F-15, building a Turbinator with my son, and getting back to my Ziroli Panther and BVM Mig projects.

Don't give up and roll over, keep abreast of the process and commit yourselves to help out when necessary as much as you can to keep our hobby alive and well. If we all do that, we'll be OK. If we all throw up our hands and give in, we'll get what we deserve.

Bob

Good post Bob! I too am planning on pursuing my RC jet endeavors this winter...

Z
Old 12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

It's difficult not to give up. I'm a fighter for the cause from way back, but when dealing with the United States whos government is a joke in both republican or democrat. There veiws will only help themselves and or their friends in politics.

Our government is in a downwhird spiral to destruction. China used to be soooooo poor that they couldn't afford to scratch their *****. Now we're borrowing money from them. Thats embarrissing to say the least.

I also just dont want to waste money on something that I'll be able to use for only six months or less.

I applaud you for working on your projects. I too will be doing the same. I want to paint my F-100 this winter and finish servo installation in a CompArf P-51, but was planning on a new build also.
I will do work on what I have but will put new purchases of kits on hold.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

When they outlaw flying model planes, I quess I'll be an outlaw.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Jeffpro
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Randy M.

Hear hear!

I just ordered a new F-5 from BVM for my winter build. No way I'm going to let rumor and innuendo...or a bunch of government bureaucrats...keep me from building a new jet.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Extractor

Well Stated Bob .......Projects continue in Tennessee and flying will continue as well .

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

well I just ordered a SM A-10
Old 12-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Pitts S1S
My Feedback: (9)

My guess is that we'll still be flying, however is the sky does fall we'll still have a couple of years.
By the time the FAA Publishes the new rules, they have their public comments on them, take them back to committee for finalization, publish the final date, which includes time for the AMA to get set up to enforce the new rules, I'm estimating 2 to 3 years before its law.
Case in point is Sport Pilot Licenses. All told it took several years to put in place and up and running.

Just my plug nickel.....

End of it KEEP BUILDING!

Jeff
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pitts S1S

My guess is that we'll still be flying, however is the sky does fall we'll still have a couple of years.
By the time the FAA Publishes the new rules, they have their public comments on them, take them back to committee for finalization, publish the final date, which includes time for the AMA to get set up to enforce the new rules, I'm estimating 2 to 3 years before its law.
Case in point is Sport Pilot Licenses. All told it took several years to put in place and up and running.

Just my plug nickel.....

End of it KEEP BUILDING!

Jeff
Completely agree, too many people are making this worse than anybody really knows what it is. Everybody always speculates. All this speculation turns into a snowball effect and makes it worse...Good thread showed up on here..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10182873/tm.htm

I will wait until its concrete, until then, theres a Bobcat in the oven and I will fly responsibly and abide by the rules
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got so much $##T in my garage right now, my only choice is to keep flying until a definitive decision is made. So, moving forward with the winter projects, because I don't want to start bowling again.[8D]
Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

I can't see all of RC going down the tubes - not at all.

If anything, I think a lot of what we've had for guidelines before will probably be federal law now. Maybe a few other little tidbits here and there but I'm not giving up on RC. I still see model aviation being an important venue where people can relax, experiment, push their own limits and those of aerodynamics. The sky is not falling. If I had a lot of spare cash I'd be buying cheap RTF projects right now, that's how confident I am.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

"There's nothing to fear, but fear itself!"

David S
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pitts S1S

Just my plug nickel.....

End of it KEEP BUILDING!

Jeff
I also agree with Jeff and I alsothink if the new rules are to far out of the box they will be challenged in court and that could take years.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

Guys,

Think about this one. If the talking at the FAA has already been done and their plan was to Ice the R/C Jets or any other portion of the hobby in the name of National Security, safety or whatever reasons they would have for shutting us down...Why would they wait until next June or even (as I have heard from reliable sources) push the disclosure date back to sometime next fall... They would sock it to us right now if that was really to be the outcome...Why wait at all to post their rulings?

There would be NO reason for them to wait. In fact, it would seem that the longer it takes for them to post the rulings, the better it sounds for all of us in the long run. Just my .02cents...

I've enjoyed this hobby for the last 40 years, nearly all my life...I have my it one of my life's passions and it will take a lot more than some arbitrary ruling (not even law yet) to make me just throw up my hands and say" Ok, I give up"

I think these penicl pushers are in for the fight of their lives if they mess with this hobby. Let's face it, model aviation has been a national pastime for way too many people. All I can say is when the notice is posted, we have to be ready to do whatever we can to get the regs changed if they are detrimental to our hobby. That'll be the time to do something about it. There's absolutely no reason to worry about something that hasn't even been posted yet.

I have way too much invested in the hobby to quit. I'm just going to remain positive that life and the hobby will go on as it has and that "fear" is not an option for me.

Dan
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM
scooterinvegas

ORIGINAL: Randy M.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Chicken Little....

Cooler heads need to prevail here guys.

PaulD
Old 12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say carry on as you have been but alongside this get fired up and fire up others and create a wave and fight any proposals that may be detrimental to your hobby. Lobby your elected representatives etc. Above all do what you have always done or you will become self defeating.

Dennis
Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: jp_boud

It's not just you jet guys, I planned to build my first kit this winter (a blue jay kaos) but don't want to ''waste'' the time and money just to find out the new restriction have sucked the fun out of my HOBBY!
Now that is what I call silly! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Heck, we could be run over by a car tomorrow, and die. Would that possibility take the fun out of the building season? Of course not!

It's like not going to the filed on a cloudy day "Beacause it might rain!"

Snap out of it, and start having fun!

Gerry
(Recovering from shoulder surgery (painful) but only a copouple of weeks away from starting my building season)
Old 12-09-2010, 05:26 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No way! I'm staying in it and on it, full speed ahead...enjoying the hobby as I always have. Staying plugged in to AMA and JPO, lending a hand where ever I can, being pro-active along the way.

Rex
Old 12-09-2010, 05:33 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

UB on the way for the winter build in MN....
Dave
Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Square Nozzle

ORIGINAL: PaulD

Chicken Little....

Cooler heads need to prevail here guys.

PaulD
My sentiments exactly! Before this issue is over we'll have people worrying about banning deisel fuel and fertilizer. And what about vans, trucks, cars, backpacks, boxes and postage stamps and the list goes on. If you want to live in a cave so be it. I'll be spending my time this off season building my Turbine North Star and next spring I'll be at the lake or at the flying field and enjoying my planes.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:07 AM
DavidR

OH OH another sky is falling thread.......YAWN!

Finishing a big BVM F86, getting ready to start on another one, and a BVM F-16 electric here.

DR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.