Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

P20 How low can you go

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

P20 How low can you go

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 AM
simonmiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P20 How low can you go

Anyone for a mud wrestle??

Simon
Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

More fun than hearing how to put in another servo though and there is plenty of server room I am sure
lol, not if we keep posting this s**t....Mind you the lack of interest in builds does seem to be growing which is why I only post them if the customer requests....You'd be suprised at the way some people install servos, infact I think some could do with a specific thread on the subject...
Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Andy Sheldon

Jamie

I would be interested to speak with these several people you mention. Who are they?

I am not into forum arguments either but when your company is being rubbished continually by an individual thats another matter. Every time Jetline is mentioned on any RC or jet related forum there you are.

I have ignored you in the past but enough is enough.

Funny thing about the RCMF post I made about you is its the exact reversal of the post you made about Jetline at the begining of the thread and I thought exactly the same about it as you.

I look forward to our chat

Andy

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This 'rubbishing' is with foundation and you will get that chance to chat to those people as they will be at the same meetings. I was warned not to send it to you, but wanting the engine back as quick as possible i elected to send it to you as opposed to it going back to Jetcat, really i should have listened to what i was being told . . . . my mistake! as you do not accept PM's i have emailed my contact details to the Jetline info address on your website.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:42 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This little thread seems to have gone off track a bit

Dennis
Old 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
bobg

I dont know definately interesting,I think the only thing for it is a giant mud wrestling arena at the first available jet fly in,if any body knows when, let me know so that I can book a flight and a ring side seat!!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Right you are, Dennis. Subscription removed.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

It does not matter what you are selling whether its a product, a service or expertise the profit margin is the maximum you can get away with in the current financial environment, we would all charge the maximum we could within reason to maximise our profit

Mike
That is a very sweeping statement and simply not true you can of course speak for yourself but should not speak for others who may have a very different pricing philosophy
Very true others may have a different pricing philosophy, but are you not speaking for others also by saying my statement is not true, most successful business's in the world would not survive if they did not know how to maximise their profit margin.

Mike
Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

A bit off topic, but I see mention of a 20% VAT in GB!?

And we have folk complaining here in CAN about 5%!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:43 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: reo

Yes it was 17.5 % and it has just been put up to 20 %

Dennis
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Selleri

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: reo

Try 25.5% over here * 10% import duties(on most model stuff) + various fees! [:'(]
Old 01-23-2011, 01:01 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

So back to the topic of how low you think the P20 price will settle at.

Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

We have petrol prices at $7.50 a gallon (US gallon!) and we also pay import duty on many items...

Dennis why do you continue on this theme? Having just sold my 15th P-20 at £1899.98 that is obviously a fair price, lets not go into why some people want to make less money, I am sure you can negotiate an even lower price if a dealer is willing to get a sale. But why fan the flames constantly? Please open a model shop, it would be great.

Dave
Old 01-23-2011, 02:03 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

We have petrol prices at $7.50 a gallon (US gallon!) and we also pay import duty on many items...

Dennis why do you continue on this theme? Having just sold my 15th P-20 at £1899.98 that is obviously a fair price, lets not go into why some people want to make less money, I am sure you can negotiate an even lower price if a dealer is willing to get a sale. But why fan the flames constantly? Please open a model shop, it would be great.

Dave
Dave

Running an architectural/Surveying practice is keeping me busy at the moment thanks so I wont be opening a model shop at the moment. If you feel you want to change tack set up in my business and see how you get on.

I have seen in many threads that you use these forums to help promote your business and push sales. It is therefore quite propper that customers/consumers use these forums to our advantage. Some might say more propper in fact.

You may well have sold your 15th P20 at £1899.99 but we are still in the early days and I am certain they will settle at a much lower price. Just like the Boomer Nano came out at £400 and has now settled at £300

If I and others on the customer side can fan the flames as you put it to drive prices down then that is fair game I feel. It wasn't actually what this thread was about it was about what price people feel they will settle at. I will indeed buy one when they are £1600....... Just need to wait a while

Regards

Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Dennis.
I cant see the P-20 prices dropping for some time yet. When I look back at my Jet cat buying prices over the past few years, there are very few times that Jet Cat themselves have actually dropped their selling prices. The only case I can remember a noticeable drop in price was to celebrate the volume of sales of the P-80. Also form what I gather from speaking to Jet Cat, the production of the 20 has proven to be even more time consuming than expected. I can fully understand that.. after all to get a turbine this small, and spinning at such a high rpm to run as smoothly and as easily as lets say a P-80 is a real achievement.
I guess it's all down to how low a margin the retailer wants to work on. Some are happy to work on very little, others none! I can only speak for my business of course. But knowing what goes into supporting an average Jet customer I am not prepared to lower my P-20 price in the foreseeable future. Oh and just for your information... The Nano was a special Christmas offer that was extended. I was told last week that it is set to end and the retail price will go back up to £375.00 shortly. So get your order in soon
Regards Al
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 AM
simonmiller

Dennis,

why do so many of your threads have to do with how much things cost?

This is a hobby and people usually use disposable income to purchase hobby products and therefore if they can afford to purchase it they will.

By the time the P20 hits £1,600 we will be onto something new and you will think that should be 20% cheaper!

Simon
Old 01-23-2011, 02:43 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: simonmiller

Dennis,

why do so many of your threads have to do with how much things cost?

This is a hobby and people usually use disposable income to purchase hobby products and therefore if they can afford to purchase it they will.

By the time the P20 hits £1,600 we will be onto something new and you will think that should be 20% cheaper!

Simon

Retail prices and pricing strategy are an interest of mine as well at RC. In my view it is not always about what you can afford it is more about what you feel is fair to pay. I could easily afford to buy a P20 at the £1900 price but I feel that this is simply too high in comparrison to other things. Hence why I started this thread. Also I feel strongly that these forums are for users/customers more than the trade. It urks me when some in the trade have a pop at customers as we have as much right as them to comment here. More perhaps

Thanks however for your view. It is peoples honest views that I am interested in

Regards

Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ali

Hi Dennis.
I cant see the P-20 prices dropping for some time yet. When I look back at my Jet cat buying prices over the past few years, there are very few times that Jet Cat themselves have actually dropped their selling prices. The only case I can remember a noticeable drop in price was to celebrate the volume of sales of the P-80. Also form what I gather from speaking to Jet Cat, the production of the 20 has proven to be even more time consuming than expected. I can fully understand that.. after all to get a turbine this small, and spinning at such a high rpm to run as smoothly and as easily as lets say a P-80 is a real achievement.
I guess it's all down to how low a margin the retailer wants to work on. Some are happy to work on very little, others none! I can only speak for my business of course. But knowing what goes into supporting an average Jet customer I am not prepared to lower my P-20 price in the foreseeable future. Oh and just for your information... The Nano was a special Christmas offer that was extended. I was told last week that it is set to end and the retail price will go back up to £375.00 shortly. So get your order in soon
Regards Al
Hey Ali

Just bought a Nano from you. I was reading the Nano thread and then saw your post here so thought what the hell buy one.

You were 2p cheaper than another seller so I am going to put this in a tin and save it towards my P20

I recon if you are a retailer it pays to be nice to customers

I am going to put my 44 gold in her. Dont like jetcats wrong colour

I will wait till next years Christmas offer on the P20........ My 2p might have attracted some more pennies by then

Regards

Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 AM
simonmiller

In my view it is not always about what you can afford it is more about what you feel is fair to pay.

Dennis,

I think the P20 is a bargain at £1,900!

I will probably/hopefully get about 50hrs use out of it before I break it and that works out at £38 an hour. I can not watch a football match at Tottenham for less in the west upper, Have a "nice" meal with my partner etc etc etc - I am sure you get my drift.

To hire a Mud Wrestling pool costs more than this per hour

looks like a really fair price to me.

Simon

Old 01-23-2011, 03:11 AM
3d flip

Dennis,

For someone that’s did not like boomers that’s 3 you will have LOL. I look forward to seeing this one fly, might have to get one for my P60

As for the price of P20 its not to bad compared to wren 44 Gold @ £1735 with 1 years warranty.
The p20 comes with 2 years. just my 2p
Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: 3d flip

Dennis,

For someone that’s did not like boomers that’s 3 you will have LOL. I look forward to seeing this one fly, might have to get one for my P60

As for the price of P20 its not to bad compared to wren 44 Gold @ £1735 with 1 years warranty.
The p20 comes with 2 years. just my 2p
Go on get one for your P60 and we can have a race. God knows it needs a plane to go in

I love boomers you know I do................. Cant fly anything else cos I am such poo

Dennis
Old 01-23-2011, 03:23 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

In my view it is not always about what you can afford it is more about what you feel is fair to pay.

Dennis,

I will probably/hopefully get about 50hrs use out of it before I break it and that works out at £38 an hour. I can not watch a football match at Tottenham for less in the west upper, Have a ''nice'' meal with my partner etc etc etc - I am sure you get my drift.

Simon

Who on earth would pay 38p to go and watch spurs
Old 01-23-2011, 03:29 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Dennis,

I will probably/hopefully get about 50hrs use out of it before I break it and that works out at £38 an hour. I can not watch a football match at Tottenham for less in the west upper, Have a ''nice'' meal with my partner etc etc etc - I am sure you get my drift.

Simon

Another comparrison. Last year I bought a Porsche Boxter 2nd hand. I could have had that or 4 P20's Which would you choose. Mind you parking it in a stubble field at Rougham wasn't the best idea in the world. Still no choice its where they sent me at an air show

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46537.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1551601  
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

PMSL !! and you said I had a hairdressers car!!
This is of course coming from an a very happy Ex Boxter owner ( yellow one to make matters worse) One of the sweetest cars I have ever owned! I regret the day I traded it for a new TVR [:@]
Thank you for the Nano purchase. I didnt realise I was cheaper .... Sorry Colin! It's a sweet set up on the 44 ( especially the gold) You can really feel the lower AUW in the way it flies. Enjoy!
Regards Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.