Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Go Pro camera + spectrum 2.4= failsafe.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Go Pro camera + spectrum 2.4= failsafe.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good tip for camera on any plane is the HD Key-chain camera. 20 gram 720p and very very high quality for the 44 USD (inkluded shipping!).
It can be adjusted via an app on you smartphone (or PC), have max 40 minutes capasity and is not full HD as the name says.. But it`s been developed by FPV users to incorporate any feature you can expect from a camera today. I have seven of them, and I have GoPro`s too, but those is out for me since I discovered this camera.
You can mount it anywhere on almost any model without affecting it`s performance.
Just make sure not to confuse this camera whith any other Key-chain version..
But for the thread, any new electronic device in a plane should be verified whith an spectrum analyzer to make sure it`s far enough away from 2,4.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a20b389dc

An example of recording I`ve done whith this camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReGcpSi9DBs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Key-chain camera.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1947944  
Old 12-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Rinzlers

Go pro's have wireless that operates in the 2.4ghz range. I fly DJI phantoms also and have had it go into return to home when I forget to turn off the cams built in wifi. This has happened 2 times now. Some people have had their phantoms just take off and go a couple miles before it lands due to low batt so I have been lucky with mine just going into failsafe and using the return to home function.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Falcon 64

Another recording of mine, same camera, same event.
This is real bang for bucks, the way it`s ment. So do yourself a favour, buy two of these and use the rest on something else you need instead of a GoPro..
Parameters to change is almost unlimited, seeing is believing.. Everyone! should have this unit, honestly..
I will put at least four on my maiden F-16 , and the flights to come.
Do we need a better resolution? Not really, and yes it`s 2,4 friendly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwcdQhAk7Y

Last edited by Falcon 64; 12-16-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add