Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurosport

Just putting together a euro with a powerbox evolution and nine channel reciever with the 11 channel jr radio, jet tronic valves. Could use a little help with the radio set up? Thanks Just need a few exzamples to get me started. aux 1 aux2 aux3 aux4 mix aile and elevator??
Old 02-06-2011, 12:49 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport

elevons canards rudder stering thrue powerbox
rest direct on the receiver

my 2c
Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

The Evolution has six control channels. On models using lots of channels I use the Powerbox for the long lead and things like ECU throttle and valves dirrectly through the Rx. The Eurosport has a low number of channels (presume you use 2 Elevon channels only)
The numbers on the PB have nothing to do with the Rx channels, they are numbered to allow easy matching with the output side.
So #1 on the PB can go to channel 2 on the JR Rx (aileron) PB #2 to channel 3 on Rx (elev) #3 on PB to ch 4 Rx (rudder) #4 on PB to Aux 3 Ch 8 on Rx for Canard. This then covers the long leads or higher load channels.
Then you have 2 PB channels you can use for Gear and Brake valve, or separate nose steering on this install.
The JR Elevon control is 2 & 3 on Rx.
You need to decide whether the canard is always active (you can match in Tx to do this to the Aux 3 channel) or is switched on and off (which I prefer) You will Mix ele to aux 3 to do this.

Dave
Old 02-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Minch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

Why do you prefer switching the canards in and out on the Eurosport, what difference does it make to the flying characterists with them out, I had planned to have them in all the time.

Regards
Nick
Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Nick

In the roll, unless you are doing "twinkle" rolls you use elevator, the canards make the nose lift and fall in the roll! It's also smoother is fast flight with them out.
Set the canard a few mm negative to where CARF say, and elevons 1mm positive to compensate and it rolls more axial too.

Dave