Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Graupner HoTT system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Graupner HoTT system

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts
Default Graupner HoTT system

I thought I'd start this again to get away from some of the personal banter and see what we have on offer.
The world has proven year after year that there is room for multiple offerings on most items. The 2.4 revolution was always going to be a interesting as the possibilities were much greater than mHz radios.
Graupner have long been associated with JR Japan with the mHz radios. They decided to go elsewhere with 2.4 and as documented it didn't always work out. So after several failed attempts to get things right they have come up with HoTT as a Graupner system, designed within the company. 2.4 transmission offers various options on achieving an end result. Graupner's system follows one of the options and I feel it will be some time before we really know what's perfect. But lets give this a chance, I have been a Spektrum/JR user since Nov 2006 and I have had no issues at all, but I have also dealt directly with Graupner for 15 years. Like cars and women some of you guys will be intertested in this system...

Dave W

General HoTT features

Simple, extremely fast binding
Range test and warning function
Low-voltage warning
Extremely broad receiver operating voltage range from 3.6 V to 8.4 V (functional to 2.5V)
Failsafe, free channel allocation (channel mapping); mixer functions and all servo settings can be programmed simply with the HoTT-Smartbox
Binding of any number of receivers for channel expansion (max. of 32 channels)
Up to 4 servos can be controlled simultaneously as a block with a signal repetition time of 10 ms (only digital servos!)
Maximum immunity to interference through optimised frequency hopping and broad channel spread
Intelligent data transmission with correction functio
Extremely fast rebinding, even at max. distance
Telemetry analysis in real time
Over 200 systems can be used simultaneously
Future-proof through update capability via USB interface

Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Graupner HoTT system

Dave, are you able to explain what Graupner means by "a previously unheard of energy system"? It's a bizarre statement, is it a bad translation and intended to mean something else?
Harry
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Geoff White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dave,

Have you got any more details?

So is this a full new Tx's/Rx's or just a module? If its TX/RX, any photos(ie is it pizza box styling)?
Availability?
Prices?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Harry

I think it's translation/marketing blurb, I'm still getting my head around it as they talk about direct transmission of data from the main processor and no delays due to the detours via a module processor...

Geoff

The do Jap and European Ice Cream seller units. 6, 8 and 12 channel units. Graupner's own produced and the favourite MX-24 with HoTT is shown. A module is shown that will go into the MX-22 and MX-24/MC-24 radios. Rx's are covering a range of sizes inc a unit that will run 16 servos! A smart box programs controls and displays telemetry.

Dave
Old 02-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Dave Wilshere

This is the MX-20 12 channel Graupner Tx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	om32209.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1561114  
Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of different opinions on this radio system already http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330285

But Graupner is not the only one coming out with some new models.

The people of Jeti is announcing a 2.4 ghz 16 channel radio that includes telemetry (not a lot of details on this yet)

European tray style version.....

http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=article&id=16

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
top242

hi guys! what ist the best system..... hott graupnner or the jeti? Thanzs!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, the Jeti transmitters are completely useless to me. The trim switches are impossible to find without have to look at them.
The most horrible ergonomics I've seen so far. As if the transmitter was not designed by a modeller...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 AM
top242

I refer to the adaptation of internal module installed in a graupnner MC22. That system is more reliable or hott jeti Graupner.