Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Regrettable thing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Regrettable thing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 AM
FLY EAGLE JET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regrettable thing

These photos are an fej f15c model crash from a customer he bought 1 year ago from someone else, not sure... We're sorry his lost. We know it is so paint to lose a model, but hope any customer can be very rational to talk about a model crash case. It won't be a good idea to tell or threaten a company that he will post photos on RCU if not replacing a new model or more according some model crashphotos. Manufactory produces a model, of course it should be safe, but more important, each pilot also has responsibility to inspect all parts on the model before you build it or every time you fly it.
When receiving a model, it is better to check every single part before start building it. If find any part with construction issue, it would be better report it to factory right away.During each flight, manufactory can not guarantee you will bring the model back to ground safely.The model is in your hand, you build it, take care of it and fly it. You should know your flying skill, speed, G, etc, not go over it etc etc... we hope each customer would be safe for each flight onany model.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21508.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	655.6 KB
ID:	1567623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81005.jpg
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	1567624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62124.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	1567625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49662.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	1567626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34075.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	1567627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hx32897.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	1567628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ya56535.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	1567629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo50705.jpg
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	1567630  

Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Ramz

Default RE: Regrettable thing

What was the cause of that F15C crash?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

OK, I will bite on this one. If you are a FEJ rep you just opened yourself up, I would have this deleted as fast as you can but until then: I am fairly new to the jet scene but have seen severeal of the FEJ products and had experiences with them. Their are very bad deficeincies in the design and assembly of the operating systems in your product. AS a manufacurer YOU have the responsibility of ensuring your product is safe to be operated within the parameters of which the product will be used. The END user does have the responsibilty to build and operated the product correctly and safely. As your company is out of this country it is difficult to hold you legally responsible but that is not the case for your "REPS". These models can inflict serious injury and you should always have thtat in mind when manufacturing, building and operating them.

Good luck with this thread, as I said, You started it.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLY EAGLE JET

These photos are an fej f15c model crash from a customer he bought 1 year ago from someone else, not sure... We're sorry his lost. We know it is so paint to lose a model, but hope any customer can be very rational to talk about a model crash case. It won't be a good idea to tell or threaten a company that he will post photos on RCU if not replacing a new model or more according some model crash photos. Manufactory produces a model, of course it should be safe, but more important, each pilot also has responsibility to inspect all parts on the model before you build it or every time you fly it.
When receiving a model, it is better to check every single part before start building it. If find any part with construction issue, it would be better report it to factory right away.During each flight, manufactory can not guarantee you will bring the model back to ground safely. The model is in your hand, you build it, take care of it and fly it. You should know your flying skill, speed, G, etc, not go over it etc etc... we hope each customer would be safe for each flight on any model.

Ttrying to figure out the reason for this thread. It sounds like Fly Eagle are going on the defensive, before anyone has complained, or is there another thread involving this incident?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup,

Sounds like a preemptive move. Maybe the owner sent those pics to FEJ and they thought it would be better coming from them? Either way, sounds like a bad idea to me! Subscribed.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft
Yup,
Sounds like a preemptive move. Maybe the owner sent those pics to FEJ and they thought it would be better coming from them? Either way, sounds like a bad idea to me! Subscribed.
My thoughts exactly. Notice that this is Fly Eagle's first post on RCU. My guess is that a customer sent the pictures to FEJ blaming them for the crash, and threated to post them if they weren't compensated.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

it is not the customers responsibility to be aware of all kit issues by inspection!! A customer can only check so much! when a plane has internal issues like no glue on wing sheeting, and the wing blows apart (using that just as an example) , then how can that be a customers responsibility? When noses rip off of planes because they are inadequately built at the factory, ( again, just an example, ) how can that be a customers responsibility? .... With the attitude shown in this post, i know i for sure will never be buying any products from your company

~V~
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Nhalyn

wow, dangerous thread ! [&o]

It seems a customer send this photos to FEJ with ask to replace a plane that had a structural failure, and FEJ is in preemptive mode because they can't garanty how the pilot "use" the plane.

My advice to FEJ :

As I'm working in a real airplane company, we ensure and take the responsability that if one our products is certified for +4.4/-2.2G (cessna stc parts) as asked by FAA and EASA for europe, as long as the pilot fly the plane as specified in the pilot flight manual, it is not possible that there is a catastrophic structural failure and we are responsible for that. The certification process ensure that correct calculation and tests had been done before certification and that production of those parts is quality controled to ensure they respect the certified configuration and mechanichal resistance.

If there is a plane crash, the enquiry will first verify if the plane was used as per the flight manual : not overweighted, correct CdG, quality of oils and fuel, correct mechanichal state, etc.

As in RC industry I've never seen a manufacturer sending to pilot a flight manual. I, as a pilot, go with the idea that if I use the reccomanded parts and options (engine, servos, build as per notice furnished), and fly the plane normally as the manufacturer conceived it for (here a scale model of a jet fighter) I can be in confident state that the plane will not broke at the first 10G turn, and 10G is not high for a RC model !!!

So If FEJ send me a flight manual statuing that I should not go over 15G and not go over 250km/h, and if by meaning of internal flight conditions recording (that easy now) I can demonstrate that I've never exceeded the manufacturer parameter, then the failure is responsability of the manufacturer.

The problem start by the fact that we don't know how this model was calculated and what are the parameters certified by the manufacturer as "correct use of this plane".

If a manufacturer say me : my model is not made to go up to 200km/h speed, that's not a problem for me. I'll fly it below 200km/h but don't want a major structural failure. If I go up of that, I now this is my responsability.

Not a easy thread...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

+1 [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14936.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1567713  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I smell something foul since the begining of this thread.
But I'll have the popcorn also as Rich. Everybody is
welcome aboard.

ENT
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
jetsflying
My Feedback: (12)

i waited 6 months for a fej plane, after i gave a deposit......i was getting the runaround every week, finaly got my money back
THANX FEJ FOR MAKING MY LIFE EASY AND DID NOT LET ME BUY A JET FROM YOUR COMPANY
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Ramz

I would agree with you guys that this thread seems a bit odd. I too noticed that it was FEJ's first post. Usually the manufacturer/rep will jump in to defend themselves after the pics have been posted by the owner of said craft. That's why I asked for the cause of the crash...it will be interesting to see what FEJ has to say..if anything. Subscribed.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

By the photos, it appears that the customer may be claiming the elevator pivot failed and caused the crash. The hard part here, did the pivot fail before or after the crash.

As for a customer inspecting every aspect of a model prior to flight, this proves difficult for areas that are closed. Areas such as the wings etc that are composite. how could you tell if all the bonding was completed correctly?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
lookilook

Indeed it's the first entry of FEJ in the forum if its a real one, but since i fly an FEJ F16 for 2 years now and had some heavy landings and repairs on it ,it makes me think based on the first line of this thread and i quote '' These photos are an fej f15c model crash from a customer he bought 1 year ago from someone else, not sure...'' so when i decide to sell it tomorrow to someone else why should FEJ should be held responsible if the elevator pivot breaks at some point on the new owner.....i beleive this is what he is trying to show and although english is not my mother language either i can see from his writting that he has some difficulty to express things. HOWEVER, i also totally disagree to the fact that the first owner is responsible to check every single part and then assemble its plane safely as he stated.....then my friend FEJ why do you pay your QC manager or department to stamp a plane and its parts as QC passed .? Yes i admit it when i received mine 2 frames where broken but this was due to DHL tranportation and not QC fault and they replaced them asap with no questions asked but if this plane was down after a few flights with elevator pivot problem YES ITS FEJ QC RESPONSIBILTY and nobody's else.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:54 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

I haven't the slightest idea why this jet crashed, but I think anyone will be very hard pressed to justify a mfg warranty being extended beyond the original owner. Some turbine companies have started to do so on newer turbines with additional payment, but I can't imagine how anyone could expect an aircraft mfg to warranty beyond the original purchaser/builder. There are just too many unknown variables in such a scenario IMO.

David S
Old 02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
jetmodeller

Hi to all it seems that every body is blaming the manufacter when we do not know what happened,if a guy buys a model that has been designed for a 160 size engine and he fits a 200 size engine he must take responcsabilty for the increase in weight and stress caused by the increase in power,the photos are a FEJ f15 but they could be of any model on the market which has not been built as it should have been ,it only takes one small bolt to come loose and its game over.It is very easy to blame the model maker and not the builder,in a case like this who can say who is to blame unless there is a good video which can show what exactly what happened just my 2 cents worth regards Keith
Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

ORIGINAL: Gary Arthur

By the photos, it appears that the customer may be claiming the elevator pivot failed and caused the crash.
Looks like " deja vu " but in may case both stab systems got yanked out or ripped off of the fuse at the same time in straight and level flight and at half power 2 minutes into the 3rd flight of the life of my FEJ Hawk.

Needless to say waited 5 months for a resolution and the factory washed its hands completely from me, so I did the same and stopped dealing with them.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLY EAGLE JET

These photos are an fej f15c model crash from a customer he bought 1 year ago from someone else, not sure... We're sorry his lost. We know it is so paint to lose a model, but hope any customer can be very rational to talk about a model crash case. It won't be a good idea to tell or threaten a company that he will post photos on RCU if not replacing a new model or more according some model crash photos. Manufactory produces a model, of course it should be safe, but more important, each pilot also has responsibility to inspect all parts on the model before you build it or every time you fly it.
When receiving a model, it is better to check every single part before start building it. If find any part with construction issue, it would be better report it to factory right away.During each flight, manufactory can not guarantee you will bring the model back to ground safely. The model is in your hand, you build it, take care of it and fly it. You should know your flying skill, speed, G, etc, not go over it etc etc... we hope each customer would be safe for each flight on any model.

Yep that jet crash yesterday evening after the elevator came off in flight [].
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Hi to all it seems that every body is blaming the manufacter when we do not know what happened,if a guy buys a model that has been designed for a 160 size engine and he fits a 200 size engine he must take responcsabilty for the increase in weight and stress caused by the increase in power,the photos are a FEJ f15 but they could be of any model on the market which has not been built as it should have been ,it only takes one small bolt to come loose and its game over.It is very easy to blame the model maker and not the builder,in a case like this who can say who is to blame unless there is a good video which can show what exactly what happened just my 2 cents worth regards Keith

Hi,

It's hard to see where you're getting this from. Having no information about the crash or the plane in question, the only thing I blame the manufacturer for is coming in here with this ill-advised post in the first place.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
595flyer

Yes it is a Regrettable thing... But beyond that HELP ME OUT HERE RC WORLD. This is what I would like to know??? what could the pilot have done to prevent chashing on the free-way with only one elevator. Could he have killed the engine would that have prevented the fire!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: 595flyer

Yes it is a Regrettable thing... But beyond that HELP ME OUT HERE RC WORLD. This is what I would like to know??? what could the pilot have done to prevent chashing on the free-way with only one elevator. Could he have killed the engine would that have prevented the fire!!!!

What the...? ...and another 'first post' introduction?

...a fire?? ..... 'crashing' on the freeway with one elev.?

This thread deserves a second bowl of buttered corn, my treat this time.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Gary Arthur

ORIGINAL: AltecareRC

ORIGINAL: Gary Arthur

By the photos, it appears that the customer may be claiming the elevator pivot failed and caused the crash.
Looks like '' deja vu '' but in may case both stab systems got yanked out or ripped off of the fuse at the same time in straight and level flight and at half power 2 minutes into the 3rd flight of the life of my FEJ Hawk.

Needless to say waited 5 months for a resolution and the factory washed its hands completely from me, so I did the same and stopped dealing with them.
I remeber that happening Peter. I watched it go in. Sorry to hear that they did not make things right.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

I don't think anyone is laying blame on this incident from the first post but as to WHY in the world a manufacturer would start a thread like this in the first place. From the photo's you can't tell if it was an in flight failure or post crash damage, if the pilot had several HARD flights on it or anything, lots of variables and would normally give the manufacturer the benefit, unless THEY open themselves up.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Gary Arthur

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

I think we need the whole story here.......
Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

What fire ?? and FEJ now located in M.D USA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.