Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronics

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronics

Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Weatronics

ORIGINAL: H�rek

I don`t have the data, but it was sendt to Weatronic for analysis.
Weatronic said one of the reasons could be pilot error, I doubt that since it spiraled very steep from 300 M.
It`s a ''talker'', and no one I know use Weatronics in jets here anymore, before this incident.
As Mike said, the system logs so much info that there is a very high probability of finding out if anything was wrong with the radio. It is not difficult for the user to check, it's easy to see lots of blank lines instead of Rx frame counts. So unless there were blank or 0 frame counts for an extended period, it's most likely that something else went wrong. There are lots and lots of other things that can go wrong like a servo going faulty, battery problems, pilot error/disorientation, structural failure and so on. It used to be very easy to blame the radio instead of our own mistakes or structural failure, the Wea gives you the data to decide if it really was the tx/rx or if the problem was somewhere else. If that owner can't point to lots of blank/0 frame counts, I can't see how he can blame the Weatronic?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don`t know so much about it really, other than the two other causes aside with the pilot error could be fault in the transmitter (a new Futaba 12 FG wich performs flawlessly without the module), or the flat-cable with four leads. Those was the three possible reasons Weatronic concluded to be the reason. Not the module, not the system nor the receiver.
I`m sure I could provide the datas for your own judgement, I`m only underlining the fact that there is no such thing as a 100% secure link to the plane.
If any brand claim it is, it`s a reason itself to be sceptic I think. And I`m not a martor in this case, It`s just my oppinion it has to be said that there are issues and incidences happening nomatter wich RF-link we use. For some it works outstanding, for others it becomes a nightmare.
But I do know the owner is not finished with the case, meaning testing the flat-cable one leader at a time to see if the datas will repeat as the occoured in the log.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Falcon 64

Check your cable..!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpzSS62TGpo
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my Micro receiver and the Tx module in a Futaba 9c for over 2 yrs and no malfunction except I can not use PCM modulation. No malfunction with PPM. I don't like the cable design but I would not feel comfortable using the cable after it was subjected to the multiple bends as shown in the video. Mine is potted with glue and taped to the handle so it is less likely to be flexed.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
RUFTER

ORIGINAL: H�rek

I don`t know so much about it really, other than the two other causes aside with the pilot error could be fault in the transmitter (a new Futaba 12 FG wich performs flawlessly without the module), or the flat-cable with four leads. Those was the three possible reasons Weatronic concluded to be the reason. Not the module, not the system nor the receiver.
I`m sure I could provide the datas for your own judgement, I`m only underlining the fact that there is no such thing as a 100% secure link to the plane.
If any brand claim it is, it`s a reason itself to be sceptic I think. And I`m not a martor in this case, It`s just my oppinion it has to be said that there are issues and incidences happening nomatter wich RF-link we use. For some it works outstanding, for others it becomes a nightmare.
But I do know the owner is not finished with the case, meaning testing the flat-cable one leader at a time to see if the datas will repeat as the occoured in the log.

A new 12FG as in FASST modulation only?
I have seen what that can do, my friend nearly lost a Mibo A-10 with that combination. He abandonned the Wea system and I took his Wea equipment, I needed a DV4 to convert my Graupner MC32. Guess what, works like a charm!

In my opinion a 12FG with FASST modulation on Weatronic is a big NO-NO.

Regards, Bart.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

12FG using PPM with Weatronic for many years. 12 channels and no issues.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one more question if anyone can help?

I have several 12-22 gyro III gps 2.4 receivers running. I am looking to get another one but I usually run them on LiMn 7.4 V. The LiMN is going away and one option is a LiFePo 9.9V (3 cell).

1.Can I run the 12-22 on the 3 cell LiFePo? 6.6V is too low on 2 cells I believe to run the system.

2. Does the HV version only deal with the servo voltage (6 or 7.4) or the supply voltage for the receiver?

I would like to get going with my order and would like to make that the 12-22 (non-HV) option can run with LiFePo at 9.9 volts?

Thanks
Dave
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Dave, the manual actually states you must use 3S if using life batteries with the 12-22 non-HV. The rx operating voltage is up to 10V.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you know we're running 3-cell A123 on ours. Just be sure your Jetcat ECU is upgraded for them.

Jerry