Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ products announce 2011

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ products announce 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:27 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ products announce 2011

YEAH, LIKE THIS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33666.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1619173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35232.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1619174  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

Everyone who has flown a F-14 has reported they are very easy to fly. The wing design of a F-14 is a very good design(real and Mode)l. His mig is harder to fly than the F-14 will be. Kinda of a harsh statement
Yep, the FEJ F-14 is easy to fly; indeed, some might call it a trainer. They are literally flying off the shelves of FEJ and into the hands of rank beginners. I hear that Boomerang, Shok Jet, and Reaction sales are down as their market share as been reduced by the FEJ Tomcat.

A thousand newbies (or in this case, 2) can't be wrong.

I'll become a believer if you can show me a video of 5 different guys with a FEJ F-14 where:
1) the FEJ landing gear goes up and down in flight
2) the wings sweep
3) the plane lands in one piece

Actually, I'll just settle for 1)

Jim
Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Jim

What am i wrong at?  All i stated is what plane i like to buy.  So because i'm a newbie i should not by any jets or maybe don't by any fej jets.  Would it be ok if i buy at skymaster or comp arf jet.

Hears a list of jets i have and want:
boomerang (sold)
pst (buying next week)
Mig 29-fej (in hanger)
f-16 tamjet (in hanger)
f-14- fej
f-18 - yellowcraft or fej
tutor - comp

Jim please tell me what jet i should by first.  I buying a PST thats already built and been flown lots of time by an experience jet flyer.  I will be flying the pst for probably a year before i fly my fighter jets maybe longer.

If you have time, and you can't come to Houston, maybe once i get another couple of jets i can take a road trip to Arizona and you can help me w/ my jets and maiden them.

Please tell me how you started out in flying jets?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

You do understand I have been flying rc for 25 years right? I have flown ducted fans jets/EDFs jets/Giant scale 3D/War Birds/and Helis. Just because I have not flown something with a turbine doesnt make me a newb, just makes you sound, well they can figure that out. Sorry James I keep messing up your thread, last time I swear
Hey James how is the FEJ Euro fighter coming?
ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

Everyone who has flown a F-14 has reported they are very easy to fly. The wing design of a F-14 is a very good design(real and Mode)l. His mig is harder to fly than the F-14 will be. Kinda of a harsh statement
Yep, the FEJ F-14 is easy to fly; indeed, some might call it a trainer. They are literally flying off the shelves of FEJ and into the hands of rank beginners. I hear that Boomerang, Shok Jet, and Reaction sales are down as their market share as been reduced by the FEJ Tomcat.

A thousand newbies (or in this case, 2) can't be wrong.

I'll become a believer if you can show me a video of 5 different guys with a FEJ F-14 where:
1) the FEJ landing gear goes up and down in flight
2) the wings sweep
3) the plane lands in one piece

Actually, I'll just settle for 1)

Jim
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Wap4life

Forgot to mentioned my experience.  I only flown helicopters for about 6 years or so only flying planes since january.  Lost interest in helicopters 6 years ago but flew my friends trex 650 a few months ago.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone who has flown a F-14 has reported they are very easy to fly.
You're talking about the 'RC' version, right?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

...and Microsoft Flight Sim does not count either!

Beave

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
FenderBean

Yes RC But that all depends on the jet setup/weight. The real ones were good jets but horrible on maintenance = ) but most full size jets and helicopters are.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
FenderBean

HEHE I stopped playing microsoft flightsim back in 2001 when I went to flight school. I did try playing it later to practice instrument stuff, and found it to very handy for real world procedures. Nothing like being able to sit down plan a IFR flight and actually run through the entire flight, make all the approaches and see the airport you may have never been to before you even step foot in a real helicopter. You make jokes but lots of flight training schools out there use them for training, wish I would have used it more when I was going through flight school in the military. [&o]
I love rcu never loss for fun witty people
ORIGINAL: bevar

Beave

Old 06-05-2011, 12:10 PM
johntjg
My Feedback: (1)

Here is a video of the CJM Hawker hunter it doesnot require a lot of work to build and is a real peach to fly this is my airplane it is a edf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPlP...yer_detailpage
Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 PM
VF84sluggo

Yes RC But that all depends on the jet setup/weight. The real ones were good jets but horrible on maintenance = ) but most full size jets and helicopters are.
I'm quite familiar with the 'full scale' version, and the level of maintenance/flight hour required. In the later years, it became a morale issue among the maintainers.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 PM
FenderBean

im sure you are or were

Gear is up when inside the aircraft, gear is down when out, attitude of the aircraft has no bearing on defining the two terms
Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 PM
VF84sluggo

It's a joke...we'd fly by the E-2 inverted with the gear "extended", and ask 'em if the gear was up or down.

Now...back to the thread...sorry for the swerve off-course
Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
bevar

Back in the day when I was a Saab 340 Captain we had a VOR Circling approach in Memphis we had to do on our PC Checks. It used to absolutely kick everyone's arse when they had to do it. I on the other hand did it so easily that a couple of the Checkairman thought I had rigged the sim somehow.

My secret? I found a NWA 727 that during the approach phase flew a lot like the Saab. I then changed the panel to the Saab and would fly the approach 10 or 15 times the week prior to my PC. I also had it on my laptop so I would do it a few more times in the hotel room right before I left for my checkride. It became a joke at the schoolhouse after a while but they never figured out my secret.

MSFS is a great tool for learning if used properly.

Beave [8D]

HEHE I stopped playing microsoft flightsim back in 2001 when I went to flight school. I did try playing it later to practice instrument stuff, and found it to very handy for real world procedures. Nothing like being able to sit down plan a IFR flight and actually run through the entire flight, make all the approaches and see the airport you may have never been to before you even step foot in a real helicopter. You make jokes but lots of flight training schools out there use them for training, wish I would have used it more when I was going through flight school in the military. [&o]
I love rcu never loss for fun witty people
ORIGINAL: bevar

Beave

Old 06-05-2011, 01:28 PM
bevar

Oops...wrong thread...
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Jim
What am i wrong at? All i stated is what plane i like to buy. So because i'm a newbie i should not by any jets or maybe don't by any fej jets. Would it be ok if i buy at skymaster or comp arf jet. Hears a list of jets i have and want:

boomerang (sold)
pst (buying next week)
Mig 29-fej (in hanger)
f-16 tamjet (in hanger)
f-14- fej
f-18 - yellowcraft or fej
tutor – comp

Jim please tell me what jet i should by first. I buying a PST thats already built and been flown lots of time by an experience jet flyer. I will be flying the pst for probably a year before i fly my fighter jets maybe longer.

If you have time, and you can't come to Houston, maybe once i get another couple of jets i can take a road trip to Arizona and you can help me w/ my jets and maiden them.

Please tell me how you started out in flying jets?
Wap,

That’s really great news to hear that you’re buying a prebuilt PST and plan on flying it for a year or so before moving onto your other jets. Perhaps you’ve previously stated this plan before (if so, I missed it, sorry). Your previous posts on the FEJ MiG-29 have garnered a certain level of attention particularly in light of your very first RCU post dated 2/14/2011 which said:

ORIGINAL: Wap4life
Hey Guys, I am really new to all of this would like to learn a lot more about jet turbine set-up and general flying.
1. Is there a website or book i can read that has the beginning stages (what to buy) to the end stages (flying).
2. Is there a place to fly in Houston. I live buy Fort Bend and i'm planning on checking out there flying field.
3. Flying History- I fllown helicopter and currently flying a skyfly max park flyer & carbon yak 54. I buying an EDF Mig 29 from Banana Hobbies next week.
4. I havent had any luck finding a lot of shops that sell jet turbine kit but i have found one Fly Eagles that sell the Mig 29. Is this a good company?
5. By the way i am looking for a Mig 29, 1/5 or 1/6 scale. My plans are to buy one next month in hopes of flying it by the end of summer.
Thanks for all comments and suggestions
There has been a fair amount of PM traffic and a few of us were getting a bit concerned, especially in light of the FAA proposed rule making. It looked like a newbie was hitting the hobby with big dreams and a bigger wallet and was planning on starting at the top with an experimental class MiG-29 and a swing-wing F-14 Tomcat expecting to be not only successful but safe.

I really hope that you are getting some good help from the guys down in Houston; there are a lot of great jet pilots in the Lone Star state and I’m fortunate to call several of them my friends.

I wish you well in your endeavors. Fly your PST, get some experience, build and fly a couple of other jets, and then have a go at your FEJ MiG-29. And you’re welcome up in AZ anytime.

Regards,

Jim
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Wap4life

thanks jim

I felt i need to edit this post and appoligize to FEJ for some how redirecting this thread about my experience. This will be my last post on this topic about me on this thread.

if any of you have any help or concerns please pm or lets start a new thread.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Wap4life

The Hawker is nice but not my style.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:35 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Wap, we wish you the best with your turbine adventures. We need to continue to have people like you taking an energetic desire to keep the hobby moving forward. I am sure, that if you ever need help there are a lot of people willing to lend a hand.

Jim, thanks for the positive direction and help. THIS is what we need...not chastising of newcomers. Again, I thank you for what you have said and hope that others follow suit. You get an extra piece of banana bread at KJ!!

We should be thankfull that we are continuing to get new people like WAP and Fenderbean invloved in turbine jets. I can't think of any other hobby/sport where people get put down so much just for voicing their desires and passion...let's help these people and keep it positive. Where would you be if someone had put you down when you were new.....

Thanks,
Lowell
Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
FenderBean

Lowell gets a +1 and after 25 years in RC im still a excited newbie!!!!
almost that time! I keep waiting for the phone call woot woot!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wap is in good hands with the houston jet crowd. now, if i can get him to the "place to be shop" over my garage and talk jets. barry
Old 06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Wap4life

i'm ready let me know when.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Hi All:

Thanks for Hawker Hunter size ideas. I have reported them to company and got an answer.

Now, company will go ahead to make 1/5 scale size for those who want big size.

On the other hand, company will also make a smaller size for people who can not get big size.

Thanks
James

Old 06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Fender and Wap:

Let me know whenver you need my help. I will do my best for you guys as usual.

James
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
FenderBean

James, thanks you and Lowell really are good guys. I have been the hobby a long time, it's really nice to meet people that care about the customer and who love the hobby as much as I do. I fly for a living but I still love to fly rc.
Great to hear about the large size, after i went giant scale planes I just don't enjoy anything smaller than 90 inches long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.