Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ products announce 2011

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ products announce 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ products announce 2011

Come on Raffy, you're not actually shocked to hear that are you? I converted my Jet Legend SU-27 gear to hydraulic and they work great......everytime. Electric would be nice but until they find a way to make a universal retrofit kit its going to be tough. I know Down n Locked does conversions but I think it kind of sucks to have to remove your gear, ship it to them and then get them back. At least with hydraulics you can do it right in your own garage!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ian,

Can you post some pics of your install/conversion? What do you think you spent to do the change? Thanks...
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Mark H

I can read Gary i was asking James as it clearly has items I have not seen on the FEJ 1/6th scale so far.
Rav try this gear up down wings swept vid... . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mmA8euuRc I had 5 hours of air time with this F14 never a gear problem on air.
regards Mark Hinton
Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

thats a great looking jet.  i think i will have to get me one of those.

Keep up the good work FEJ!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hammer Mark

I can read Gary i was asking James as it clearly has items I have not seen on the FEJ 1/6th scale so far.
Rav try this gear up down wings swept vid... . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mmA8euuRc I had 5 hours of air time with this F14 never a gear problem on air.
regards Mark Hinton
This is THE first time I've ever seen one fly and land well. And I've seen a VERY good pilot fly one.

Looks good with the wings swept.

Did you change ANYTHING on the design as it came from FEJ? CG, gear mechanism, wing mechanism, etc....

And by 5 hours, you do mean you've flown it MANY times?

I am impressed if this has been the case. I've yet to see ANYONE do that with a turbine F-14 around here.

Raf
Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Ian,

Can you post some pics of your install/conversion? What do you think you spent to do the change? Thanks...

To venture a guess I would say I have about $200 in the conversion, thats for the UMS parts, the misc festos and what not. You will need some sort of sequencer but I assume most people have those, I am using a jettronics right now.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

thats a great looking jet. i think i will have to get me one of those.

Keep up the good work FEJ!
Wap,

I was thinkin' of sellin' my F-14, need the room for my FEJ Draken.

Mr DJ

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

i pm u.  what scale is your f14 and did you do build thread
Old 03-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Mr DJ

My F-14 is the large one, same as Mark's.

No build thread, mine is NIB

Mr DJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26797.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1572741  
Old 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Raf,

Mark told me he had about 200hrs in the F14 stripping/checking/redoing etc etc. As the only person who seems to have flown an F14 regularly I'm sure he can explain the changes he made.

Rgds,
Mark
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

i see comments on gear i had 1st run F-14 changed to 4 mil. inlet which worked but i am the one with the F-14 at Speedworld i sent the gear to Down and Locked and 3 weeks got back just before i left to the event from Illinois but went to Minnisota for a Jet pickup for Lowel first so i just got them installed and was actually hooking up the door sequencer setup..it was VERY simple and i worked close with DnL to get the timing set for full retract and this being the first F-14 needed to test for what motor to use...about 13 seconds up and little faster down look very scale and anyone who saw me cycle them loved it..what took long at the event was door servo to small and stripped gears twice then trying to mount it under pilots and air hose needed to be redone for the little locking cylinder on mains..all very simple and worth the doing but tougher at event ..THEN everyone wanted to see F-15 F-86 and Black Bunny F-4 fly and winter here means i wasn,t 100% ready..i will have a video later tonight of retracts the one on my phone i show people sucks for you-tube...Down n Locked said they have done a 1-5.5 scale F-16 already so i will send mine off to them as well..P.S. the 1st flight on F-14 was smooth here is Shui Landing at BITW and used in Pyro show and will have plenty of Video this summer [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc4KTlP5_Us[/youtube]
Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Goin West

If they ever get that gear thing worked out I'm getting the big F-16.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
vega406

the new gear on Big F-16 work great for me i am just going electric cause i like to try new stuff and they have a cool sound i have 7 Fly eagle Jets couple small hicups at first but they go in real smooth and dependable now that they have got it figured out
Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Mr DJ

Bill,

Nice 26 second flight...

Mr DJ
Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM
vega406

Funny i just maidened a small Royal DC-3 today...i see your video,s and Mitch and i talked about your conversions..i see you deal with Lowel you poor thing he has me hooked as well i,m lazy and want mine ready and test flown..anyway back to FEJ related topic i have more vid,s of it and others that was just quick one to post...probably be at Jets Over Kentucky.. i tented next to Lewis at Illini Super Jets so load up and go we can have twins of every FEJ there in the air
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: vega406

i see comments on gear i had 1st run F-14 changed to 4 mil. inlet which worked but i am the one with the F-14 at Speedworld i sent the gear to Down and Locked and 3 weeks got back just before i left to the event from Illinois but went to Minnisota for a Jet pickup for Lowel first so i just got them installed and was actually hooking up the door sequencer setup..it was VERY simple and i worked close with DnL to get the timing set for full retract and this being the first F-14 needed to test for what motor to use...about 13 seconds up and little faster down look very scale and anyone who saw me cycle them loved it..what took long at the event was door servo to small and stripped gears twice then trying to mount it under pilots and air hose needed to be redone for the little locking cylinder on mains..all very simple and worth the doing but tougher at event ..THEN everyone wanted to see F-15 F-86 and Black Bunny F-4 fly and winter here means i wasn,t 100% ready..i will have a video later tonight of retracts the one on my phone i show people sucks for you-tube...Down n Locked said they have done a 1-5.5 scale F-16 already so i will send mine off to them as well..P.S. the 1st flight on F-14 was smooth here is Shui Landing at BITW and used in Pyro show and will have plenty of Video this summer [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc4KTlP5_Us[/youtube]
Had to watch that one twice just to hear the GONG! LOL. I hear rumors that its about to show up at another famous event soon.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM
vega406

was going to go to Florida cause closer by me than Cali..didn,t make it i just seen RCken put photo,s up and David Payne was there.. he helps me out a lot here at our field i believe Redman made it there as well...Oh well it actually warmed up here today...B1 Bomber Bob invited me to St Louis and will end up at illini Super Jets here and Jets Over Kentucky
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Very funny Bill!!! Mr. DJ is always giving ME a run for my money!!!
Bring what you got to Kentucky...looks like I'll be there. Got a new 86 on the way 'cause some one got mine!!! Mmmmm I wonder who? Is it in your stable Bill?
It's a great flyer and all weekend at Speed World, the gear worked perfect on the 86 and the F-4. The new gear for the F-16 is perfect "goin west". You won't be dissapointed. Since they went in house they have been great right out of the box. They listened and got it together.
See you guys there.

Lowell
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
vega406

Fly Eagle to the MOON.... ok had to show this cause it,s a cool shot...would have been cooler if the smoke was on..and before comment on front gear being jammed i re-glue,d front door hinge while on my knee,s under the stand and got alignment off a tad bit SOOO it got hungup...Not FEJ gremlin just me getting old
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35940.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	1572987  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
jet time

Great shot Bill. Again, the gear worked perfect out of the box. I really enjoyed flying it. Thanks Bill...I never should have sold it!!!!

Lowell
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
vega406

Thats 7 times you,ve said that...next page for video [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49dswDO_To[/youtube]
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 PM
jet time

7 times?? Wow...Glad your enjoying them. THey are all first class.
Guys, I have seen this gear work and it is beautiful. No worries ever. They do work great.
Bill, I really want to thank you again for the run up to Minn. to get my big bird and bring it out to Speed World. I should have it done and ready for Cal. Jets. It looks like I will also be at Kentucky Jets. Bring the trailer full!!!
Lowell
Old 03-03-2011, 10:52 PM
chrigui

Why FEJ not produce an F-11F TIGER??

Old 03-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Mark H

Thank you for looking.
The way I look at the hobby is do what it takes to fly safe and without problems. Now I have built many models from BVM down to stick and tissue. What does labour cost! If I buy BV I still silicon lube the rams. I just put a lot in to my hobby.
The FEJ F14. I bought this home from Jetpower 2009. I asked FEJ to machine some parts for the spars this was done and now supplied with new kits. I totally stripped the planes mechanics I put Torrington roller bearings on the pivots I had the pins reworked so these would tighten to the same place every time. The rams were silicon lubed. I replaced every screw with alloy aircraft grade this saved 16 oz. I chose glass tanks not Kevlar as they were lighter I plumbed these so the c of g didn't change during flight. The u/c used one double valve and one clippard valve to close the geardoors one double valve on the speed brakes and wheel brakes. Basically I watched the weight of every part even the screws in the wheels were swapped for alloy. The canopy was closed manually not by air. The thrust pipes changed the engine mounts lugs cut off the pilots filled with bubble wrap rather than plastic bodies.
The u/c never failed me the wing motor once failed and I landed with the wings swept back , landed like a fast rookie.
I ended up with a high powered 2x IQ 160+ light 22kg that's 48.5lbs aircraft.
In England we fly 20kg plus planes in front of a CAA inspector for the first 2 hours or 12 flights this was done with not a single fault. The plane went on to fly at shows in England and Europe from grass and Tarmac. It was nice but at 12 litres that's 2.7 gallons per flight it was costly to run.
Why do we do this hobby , to achieve things and do it right. In my mind the FEJ F14 is as close as I could get right with a little time and effort , yes 250 hours but this was in a warm workshop not at the field with problems. I would like to thank IQ Hammer Powerbox-Systems For there help with this project and FEJ.
Sorry everyone for the long post.
I must also thank Anita my wife as she spent many hours turning the Bunny over with me.
I have the FEJ A10 and so far so good 4 flights done out of 12 test time hard to find as weather has not been good.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bill,
How much is DnL charging for the F-16 1/5.5 conversion?

Thanks,
Rex

Lowell!!!! You coming our way??? Better get your Passport renewed...it's a whole different world out here...but we do speak the same language hey, if you want to "tent up" with the GA Jets boys...Lewis gives us 50 yard line space every year! Let me know and I'll put your name in with our group.

Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.