RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NCs FIRST IN FLIGHT Jet Rally

Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Reggie Dean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: NCs FIRST IN FLIGHT Jet Rally

Count us in man! Glad to hear that yall are alright!

Reg
Old 04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeeee Hahhhh !!!!!! Just 5 more weeks, and we'll have the Carolina Skies FULL of jets!

I also want to announce that Eric Clapp along with Jet Central have again stepped up to the plate and added more goodies to the pot!
Jet Central will be sponsoring us with some really nice hardware at this years event, in the form of pilot awards. We picked out the categories and styles today, and theyre gonna look awesome.
Still not going to tell you about the perpetual award theyre already giving!!! You gotta be at FIF to get those details!!!!!! Its a real doozie!

Get those Hotels Booked. Call in those Tent Orders. And Charge Those Batteries. FiF will be here before you know it!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I like to report that the Wilson Industrial Aircenter didn't take any damage due to last week Tornados and the roads leading to the airport are now reopen (closed previously due to debris)... things are looking good for First in Flight !!!

Just a little over 4 weeks out now... Like Larry said, get those hotels / Tents booked if you haven't done so yet !!! The sooner you book your Tent the closer to the flight line you will be !!!

See ya soon,

Michael
Old 04-24-2011, 04:19 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We rode through there yesterday Mike, in route to the Tar Heel fly in at Elm City. Looks like they got hit pretty good just down the road a bit. Like Mike said, we're good to go at Wilson Industrial!

Mike and I met Thursday at the trophy shop, and selected the trophy styles for FiF. They're awesome! Something different from what we typically see at events. Again, we want to thank Eric Clapp for sponsoring these really cool awards.
Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I was able to finish construction on the "Wright Stuff" award thursday night. This award has to be BUILT for this event. How cool is that? I'll try to get a few pictures of it and post on here for all to see. This is one beautifl and VERY COOL looking award!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:33 PM
BillJ

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Count on one or two more coming from our neck of the woods

Bill
Old 04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK guys. I said Id give you a peak at this years top award, so here goes. Photo's arent the best, but they'll give you an idea of how cool this award looks.
We at "First in Flight" wanted to do something different for our event last year, and this award was created with that very thought in mind. We'll jump in here later and talk more about what this award really represents, and how the recipient is chosen. But for now, I will tell you this. You dont have to have the fastest jet, the coolest paint job, or the ability to do four point rolls 2 feet off the deck. All of those things are awesome in their own right, and no group appreciates those skills any more than we do. But the "Wright Stuff" trophy is awarded for something we consider to be much special than that. I think it would only be appropriate that Robert Vess chime in here to explain what the "Wright Stuff" award is about, as he was the one who came up with its design and meaning at last years event.
And as soon as he gets his computer working again he can do that!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94891.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1598645  
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
itryfly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Outstanding Guy's Outstanding
Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
afterburner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Larry,
That looks awesome.

Marty
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeee Hahhhhh.!!!!! Only 4 weeks to go!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just a little over 3 weeks now...

IF you haven't put your tent order in....

Quote:
ORIGINAL: RC Larry-RCU

Should have mentioned this from the start. When ordering rental tents, tables, RV slots etc. for the First in Flight jet rally, you can make payment for these items using:
Visa
M/C,
Am Ex,

and Pay Pal

Just give me a call and we can hook you up. All info will be secured. Here's the tent rental info once more.

Pilot Registration $45 ( No Pre-Registration required )

Tents:
20 X 20 $250
20 X 20 w/sides $315 ( available in solid or clear sides )
30 X 30 $425
30 X 30 w/sides $530 ( available in solid or clear sides )

Tables $ 10 each ( 8 ft plastic )

RV or Camper Slot $10 per night ( sorry, no tent camping allowed )

Vendors Fee $100

Tent space location will be determined by when order is received. The sooner you order, the closer you are to the flight line!
We will accept cancellations up until MAY 19th 2011

To place your order, contact:
Larry Lewis CD
919-215-3946
Old 05-03-2011, 02:33 PM
toprudder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to have an operation soon, so the doc asked when I want to schedule it. I said "can we wait untilMay 31?"I don't want to miss FIF or be recuperating until after it is over.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
RobertV

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

OK guys. I said Id give you a peak at this years top award, so here goes. Photo's arent the best, but they'll give you an idea of how cool this award looks.
We at ''First in Flight'' wanted to do something different for our event last year, and this award was created with that very thought in mind. We'll jump in here later and talk more about what this award really represents, and how the recipient is chosen. But for now, I will tell you this. You dont have to have the fastest jet, the coolest paint job, or the ability to do four point rolls 2 feet off the deck. All of those things are awesome in their own right, and no group appreciates those skills any more than we do. But the ''Wright Stuff'' trophy is awarded for something we consider to be much special than that. I think it would only be appropriate that Robert Vess chime in here to explain what the ''Wright Stuff'' award is about, as he was the one who came up with its design and meaning at last years event.
OK, I'm finally back online!

In response to Larry's request for further insight, the "Wright Stuff" award was intended to be something extraordinary and unique to our event. Of course, our very event name reflects the accomplishment of the Wright Brothers on the shores of Kitty Hawk, NC. We're proud of that distinction and want to keep the spirit of the brothers alive within our modern day flying exploits. Each of us exercises our own passion for flight, model aviation, and jets. And in that pursuit, we express our own individual spirit of innovation, talent, and a willingness to expand the sport for others. These are some of the the varied and obvious traits that, when exposed in some special way during the "First in Flight Jet Rally" will catch the eyes of your peers and the staff. This is how you win the prestigious award. It is usually obvious who earns it, too, since that individual will exude the very spirit that the Wright Brothers did so many years ago.

Last year, Dustin Buescher was the inagural winner. Sure, he's a great pilot and flys some awesome BVM planes. But it was his consistent willingness to help others gain enjoyment during the weekend by tirelessly assisting them that put the "Wright Stuff" aura around him. Who knows what 2011 will bring!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
RobertV

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nexuscrash

Just a little over 3 weeks now...

IF you haven't put your tent order in....

Quote:

Should have mentioned this from the start. When ordering rental tents, tables, RV slots etc. for the First in Flight jet rally, you can make payment for these items using:
Visa
M/C,
Am Ex,

and Pay Pal

Just give me a call and we can hook you up. All info will be secured. Here's the tent rental info once more.

Pilot Registration $45 ( No Pre-Registration required )

Tents:
20 X 20 $250
20 X 20 w/sides $315 ( available in solid or clear sides )
30 X 30 $425
30 X 30 w/sides $530 ( available in solid or clear sides )

Tables $ 10 each ( 8 ft plastic )

RV or Camper Slot $10 per night ( sorry, no tent camping allowed )

Vendors Fee $100

Tent space location will be determined by when order is received. The sooner you order, the closer you are to the flight line!
We will accept cancellations up until MAY 19th 2011

To place your order, contact:
Larry Lewis CD
919-215-3946

Mike/Larry, maybe you should inform everyone of the tent rental cutoff date for this year.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:00 AM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Robert, good point...

The last Day to ORDER or CANCEL a tent is May 19th.

Still have room for your 20x20 or 30x30 needs !!!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: RobertV

Quote:

We at ''First in Flight'' wanted to do something different for our event last year, and this award was created with that very thought in mind. We'll jump in here later and talk more about what this award really represents, and how the recipient is chosen. But for now, I will tell you this. You dont have to have the fastest jet, the coolest paint job, or the ability to do four point rolls 2 feet off the deck. All of those things are awesome in their own right, and no group appreciates those skills any more than we do. But the ''Wright Stuff'' trophy is awarded for something we consider to be much special than that. I think it would only be appropriate that Robert Vess chime in here to explain what the ''Wright Stuff'' award is about, as he was the one who came up with its design and meaning at last years event.
OK, I'm finally back online!

In response to Larry's request for further insight, the ''Wright Stuff'' award was intended to be something extraordinary and unique to our event. Of course, our very event name reflects the accomplishment of the Wright Brothers on the shores of Kitty Hawk, NC. We're proud of that distinction and want to keep the spirit of the brothers alive within our modern day flying exploits. Each of us exercises our own passion for flight, model aviation, and jets. And in that pursuit, we express our own individual spirit of innovation, talent, and a willingness to expand the sport for others. These are some of the the varied and obvious traits that, when exposed in some special way during the ''First in Flight Jet Rally'' will catch the eyes of your peers and the staff. This is how you win the prestigious award. It is usually obvious who earns it, too, since that individual will exude the very spirit that the Wright Brothers did so many years ago.

Last year, Dustin Buescher was the inagural winner. Sure, he's a great pilot and flys some awesome BVM planes. But it was his consistent willingness to help others gain enjoyment during the weekend by tirelessly assisting them that put the ''Wright Stuff'' aura around him. Who knows what 2011 will bring!
AHhhhhhhhhh,,
DSL finally back up an running eh? lol
Thanks for the explanation Robert., and the providing the "Wright" info to our jet buddies out there.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:30 AM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cannot believe in 3 weeks FIF will be a go.... Can already smell the Jet-A burning !!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Little peek at the hardware we'll be awarding at this years FIF. Again, we would like to thank Jet Central for sponsoring many of these awesome awards. We'd also like to thank the JPO for the Top Gun trophy we received this week.
Talk about a table full of beatiuful awards!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ge96462.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	1604818  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
bstussie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You guys don't do anything 1/2 throttle... those awards look fancy, is this a black tie event?

Looking forward to a great event and let me know if I can help you guys out in any way!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:31 AM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You should know us by now... no 1/2 throttle here....

If you are available Wednesday 5/25 between 9 AM - 1 PM, we will be setting up at the airport. More hands, the quicker things get done and then on to BBQ.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bstussie

You guys don't do anything 1/2 throttle... those awards look fancy, is this a black tie event?

Looking forward to a great event and let me know if I can help you guys out in any way!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 AM
bstussie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I might not can be there the entire time since I am taking off Thursday and Friday but I will do my best to come out and give you guys a hand

Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Save some of your money Mr. Stussie. Dont forget you have to pay for the steak dinner !!! lololol
Its tradition for newbees to pick up the tab!!! Nahhhh,,,,, we'll cut you some slack.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 AM
bstussie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Save some of your money Mr. Stussie. Dont forget you have to pay for the steak dinner !!! lololol
Its tradition for newbees to pick up the tab!!! Nahhhh,,,,, we'll cut you some slack.
thanks for reminding everyone about that steak dinner comment... haha
Old 05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
nexuscrash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

2 weeks and a wake up till the setup begins...

Today Larry and I were out working on our marketing skills...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fc90543.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1606762  
Old 05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
bevar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Gee...who ever came up with that rite of passage???????

Beave

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bstussie

Quote:

thanks for reminding everyone about that steak dinner comment... haha
Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 PM
invertmast

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well work just informed me a few days ago, that i drew the lucky straw and am "on-call" for doing some adulticiding of mosquito's for Louisiana from Wed. to Sunday of memorial day week and weekend. Soo i may or may not be their.. uggghh Leave it to work to ruin the fun. Then again, I may just be able to swing by on the way back home.

Search this Thread