Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Planing my first Jet (PST Reaction)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Planing my first Jet (PST Reaction)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Planing my first Jet (PST Reaction)

ORIGINAL: zonker123

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Yep just watched the video of you flying off another snooker table, I just hope you guys know how lucky you are.

Mike
If you think our flying fields are nice you should try OUR golf courses to play 18 holes on!

Dave

Mike,
In the UK, you only have sunshine 2 weeks out of the year so you don't have time to smooth a field, you gotta fly while the sun is out.

Doesn't the snow fill in the ruts?
The English Links course's take some beating.

Nope, its mostly sheep poo that fills our ruts, good substitute for fibreglass resin.

This is the whole problem with asking if an airframe will fly from grass with a XXXXXX turbine:
What does it weigh?
How long is the grass?
How smooth is the field?
How big are the wheels?
Does the airframe have wheel brakes?
Does the airframe have flaps?

All the above have a bearing on wheather the airframe and turbine combination is suitable, in case someone is wondering, wheel brakes to hold the aircraft stationary whilst the turbine spools up only releasing them once the wheels start to drag.

Mike
Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
Default RE: Planing my first Jet (PST Reaction)

I have both Reaction and Revision. They both fly off grass with NO problems, PST trailing link gear is superb and perfect for grass.
JetCat 80 upwards will be fine. Both of my PSTs fly with PST 1300s, more than enough ! Enjoy it !
David.