RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The New F86D Dog Sabre

Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
ppljr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The New F86D Dog Sabre

Nice plane, but why the non scale landing gear? I realize it would add to the cost and complexity, but the cutouts make it look kinda cheesy. It will make a nice Sport Scale plane. Price is right too.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well I totally agree with you but I wanted to keep this Sport Scale jet simple with no doors etc.... I wanted to make a great flying sport scale jet that will not put a dent with your wallet. This airplane complete with K80 Turbine and servo's etc... is about $3750 RTF brand new and on top of that we are going to offer a turbine deal that will even make it less expensive.

If you guys want a scale airplane we are working a full scale Mig 21 which can be entered into Top Gun right out of the Box. For those looking for a huge sport jet we are making a huge version of our Tornado made for the P200 or K220 it is 12ft long and approx 10ft wingspan
Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree, keep this F-86D a simple and affordable scale sport jet. KingTech USA is glad to be on board and can't wait to fly one.

Barry
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
skyhawknut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey - I was just asking for clarification......and I get some smart remarks. WOW![X(]

But if you guys can't see what I'm talking about I'll post some pics of the Nitroplanes bird.

I had one. Flew great - untill I dumb thumbed it. This looks the same.....no wait - it is the same. It's been reverse engineered. When Modellbau USA went and said it was their own design that sealed it for me. The NP plane's wings are exactly the same. Same gear cutout's in the same places (not even close to scale) same servo setup with servo's in the stab and rudder and 4 hanging out the wing and same airfoil. Same shape (cord and length).

Hey - If it's copied I don't care as long as 1) they are no longer available 2) they made some changes. Seems that both apply.

Again - I don't care, I'll probably buy one anyway - but if they just came out and said - Yea same plane but we changed and upgraded it for turbine power.....great. I'd rather deal with a company who is being 100% honest, than one who is trying to claim this is an all new design that they created.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29567.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1590888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77811.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1590889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd81147.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1590890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80130.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1590891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nz28704.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1590892  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
chrigui

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Well at this time we do not have any dealers in the UK and Europe. I am looking for possible dealers but not very aggressively because I am planning to purchase a warehouse in Northern Italy to stock all of our kits, turbines and accessories for distribution.

Where??
Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well to be honest I never seen a Nitro Planes version of the F86 but what I can tell you is that there airplane is a prop that by is mounted on the front of the fuselage. Our airplanes was based on the Byron F86D.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:31 AM
david robinson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Yann

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You said Mig 21????
If you plan to make a mig 21 for an 18lbs turbine, put my name on the waiting list....
Old 04-08-2011, 06:13 AM
mpope1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There was a great deal of work to convert that Nitro propjet to a Edf or even a turbine. I like what your company did with the fuse, it looks good and not way overpriced. I am not trying to start trouble, but the wings, tailsurfaces and gear location are very similar to the nitroplanes version. Different covering scheme, which looks nice. All in all the Nitroplanes version flew great turbine and electric, yours would be 100% better not having to do all the surgery involved! I will have a hard time not pulling the trigger on this one when its available, I since sold mine and miss it cause it flew and looked great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85721.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1590962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88869.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1590963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88581.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1590964  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually the Mig 21 is going to be for a large turbine P160, K170 class turbine. On another note I will start a Pre-Order list May 1st for the F86D and the new Tornado. I got some email questions about engine size. The Dog flies great with a P60 if I had to guess on the speed it does about 160+ but with the King Tech K80 it performs incredible. Vertical is out of this world. Servo's required are as follows.

Recommended
Elevator servo's- JR 378 Wing Servo ( x2 )
Rudder Servo- metal gear mini Servo ( Hitec 225 MG )
Ailerons Servo- Metal Gear Standard Size Servo ( Hitec 645 MG ) ( x2 )
Flap Servo- Metal Gear Standard Servo ( Hitec 645 MG ) ( x2 )
Nose gear Steering- Metal gear Standard Servo ( Hitec 645 MG )
retract servo- mini servo ( Hitec 225 )
Brake valve- Air Power single action proportional brake valve ( available through us or Dream Works )

All Servos can be purchased from us we are stocking all of the servo's for this model and the Tornado

Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks very much. We actually based our model on the old Byron F86D, I owned one and it flew very good. We were fortunate to get our hands on one from a friend of mine down on Panama so we can see how they did it and what we wanted to correct. The wing airfoil is one very similar to our Tornado and the tail surface was made just like Byron's. We changed the whole inside of the fuse for strength and to accommodate the Fuel tank and Pipe. The fuel tanks are being made by Derrick Martin and are being made of high quality west systems epoxy.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM
747junky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Put me down for one nice job.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:15 AM
skyhawknut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Liar eh? The servos were in the wings. take a look at page 2 of the manual.

The pic of the hatch was not supposed to be there as it's a cheater hole for the fan. and it was a very simple mod to put the servo in the tail. not hard for someone to do when they copy it.

Causing trouble?????I only asked for clarification and got smart remarks. If you guys are blind and want to make things up..........whatever.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Bob_B

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a photo of a Byron F86D converted to a Stumax 110 mm EDF it flies great!
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
S E Repton

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are the photographs of a pre-production model?

The reason I am asking is that the underside of the wing looks terrible, the covering is awful and it looks like the sheeting isn't flush?

Sheridan
Old 04-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually its not even of a flying model. The first pictures were of the first plane off the line. The others were of a set of wings that we build to make sure all the holes and mounting surfaces line up straight. I assure you when you receive one of our kits it will be correct.We are currently building a Production Kit for the manual and for pictures. One of the first production kits will be sent to Ralph Esposito who is going to write a full review on it for RC Jet International.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Newskin78

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello this is my first time on RCU so forgive me if I ask some stupid questions. Henry I was the one who bought a Tornado directly from your factory when I wasin Ecuador, thank you for accommodating me. I have had a lot of luck with that airplane and I am interested in getting 3 of these F86D's with King Tech Combo. I will be in Miami in about 2 weeks if you don't mind I would like to visit your store to take a look at the airplane and put in my order. I was fortunate to look at this airplane being made when I was down there and it looked very nice at least the mold did. Thanks for your help
Old 04-09-2011, 05:22 AM
thunderceptor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sad to see the landing gear wells not in scale..
Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree but we did not make this airplane to be scale it is a sport scale airplane made to be simple no doors, sequencers etc... We wanted to keep cost down as much as possible.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM
jzuniga

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: thunderceptor

Sad to see the landing gear wells not in scale..
Come on guys this is getting ridiculous! MBA is trying to offer an AFFORDABLE sport scale airplane! Give Henry a break! I'm tired of the groaning and moaning and of Henry having to defend himself on every level. He's already proven he can bring a competent affordable product to market and he still gets bashed? ***O? If you want a scale plane buy a
scale plane... there's tons of them in market if you have the $$$! I don't see JHH, or BV or the other rc manufacturers having to defend themselves every time someone
doesn't like what they have or haven't done. The F86D from MBA is a "sport scale" affordable RC jet... get over it! Sorry for the rant, off my soap box now
Fire away....

Z[:@]
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
rcjetn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Z

Right on! A sport scale F-86 that lands slow with no gear doors? Bring it on!

Jack
Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 PM
jetster81

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Agreed, A low cost sport jet that has a good scalish appearance is the way to go Henry
Old 04-09-2011, 12:33 PM
rcguy59

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not sure if two releases constitute a trend or not, but if Henry continues to produce simple, affordable sport-type jets designed for the smaller turbines, then I for one applaud his efforts. Pending flight reports, this Sabre is at or near the top of my current "want" list.

Don't let the nit-pickers and elitists put you off, Henry, you're on the right path. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Modellbau USA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys I appreciate all of the positive feed back, we are working very hard to give you guys the best we can and keep prices down at a minimum. That is why the retracts, Struts wheels and Brakesare made by spring air, The fuel tanks are made by Derrick Martin out of West Systems Epoxy and the Pipes are made at my turbine shop up in CT.

Our next jet we are going to release which has been delayed a little becuase we have had a verylarge increase in one of our UAV contracts in SouthAmerica is the
" Hurricane " It is a 60" wing span 63 " fuselage sport jet ( Bandit, Flash type ) made for 12-18 pound thrust turbine. It will be Composite Fuselage, carbon fiber reinforced build up wing andtailsurfaces.

We do not have a color scheme for ityet but we are working onit. Just like Ioffered on the Tornado, Iam running a little contest you designa color scheme and wechoose to useit Iwill give you a freeplane. So if you guys are creative and come up with a good idea for the scheme of the Hurricane Iwill give you a free kit. You can send ideas to support@modellbauusa.com
Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 PM
rcguy59

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now I'm REALLY drooling! Please tell me more!

Search this Thread