Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ultra Bandit, top dog or just top$

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ultra Bandit, top dog or just top$

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Bandit, top dog or just top$

Too much building involved also for the price!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Pretty simple. People like military schemes in general, and the UB has a quasi-military look about it. Doesn't seem out of place to me at all.
Well said
We all have personal taste on what does and does not look good, I personally love the look of the UB and having owned a classic bandit for over 12 years I have never gotten tired of the look of it on the ground or in the air or in my shop!. Sure the UB is a little different but the pedigree is there.
What I don't care for "myself" are the Dungeon & Dragon type paint schemes that some like to put on sport jets, I can appreciate the talent it takes to do that kind of work but I think its totally out of place on a jet. Usually tough to see in the air and it just ruins an otherwise good looking outline. This is of course my opinion so it means about as much as the next guys opinion.
I have been lucky to see the one my buddy is putting together first hand and it is an amazing looking jet. The quality of the paint job and finish is as good as it gets short of a custom build and paint!!!!!!!!! and even that would be tough to match

Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Pretty simple. People like military schemes in general, and the UB has a quasi-military look about it. Doesn't seem out of place to me at all.

Yea looks like a Russian rip off of an American fighter, but made in the USA and a scale model instead of full scale.

The Russians were great at trying to copy our designs. The UB looks like a Russian attempt to rip off an F-5.......lol
Old 04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
rcjet lynch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its really not that bad, I built mine in about a month of evenings. I guess everything is relative to what you like, and what you feel you would pay for something.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Like $125,000
Seriously, how much do you guys have wrapped up in these things? Why so bashful? I'm guessing around 15-20K?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
dubd

Raf, you have time to post here, but not come down to Cal Jets. You need to change your signature homeboy! "RAVjets Demo team. All We Do Is NOT Fly."
Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjet lynch

Its really not that bad, I built mine in about a month of evenings. I guess everything is relative to what you like, and what you feel you would pay for something.
Agree. Plus you don't need a 67 page build thread....just follow the instructions and use the supplied parts. MUCH quicker than the last few "ARF's" I have built, not having to re-engineer/overcome all the faults, shortcomings, substandard hardware and poor instructions.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 AM
rcjet lynch

Yes about 15k to 20k depending on engine and electronics.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:56 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Don't have the bucks to buy, but enjoy watching it fly. It 's one helluva plane.[8D]
Old 04-16-2011, 05:37 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bijan999

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Like $125,000
Seriously, how much do you guys have wrapped up in these things? Why so bashful? I'm guessing around 15-20K?
I added a Mercedes GL550 so I could haul it to the field in style. After all, if you can pay $20,000 for a UB, shouldnt be a problem buying a GL550, cash.

;-)
Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 AM
rrragmanliam

ORIGINAL: Bijan999
Got 50 bucks? Check out this thread. Ya know you want one!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10446044/tm.htm

Rrragman
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kelly Rohrbach

Well said
We all have personal taste on what does and does not look good, I personally love the look of the UB and having owned a classic bandit for over 12 years I have never gotten tired of the look of it on the ground or in the air or in my shop!. Sure the UB is a little different but the pedigree is there.
What I don't care for ''myself'' are the Dungeon & Dragon type paint schemes that some like to put on sport jets, I can appreciate the talent it takes to do that kind of work but I think its totally out of place on a jet. Usually tough to see in the air and it just ruins an otherwise good looking outline. This is of course my opinion so it means about as much as the next guys opinion.
I have been lucky to see the one my buddy is putting together first hand and it is an amazing looking jet. The quality of the paint job and finish is as good as it gets short of a custom build and paint!!!!!!!!! and even that would be tough to match

FWIW.. of all the jets I've flown over the years, the one that was absolutely the easiest to see regardless of sky conditions was John Redman's DF Bandit painted in a Russian-ish camo scheme. I'm right there with you on the crazy airbrush schemes Kelly. Not really a fan once they leave the ground. I can certainly appreciate the talent and work involved in painting them though.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

ORIGINAL: Kelly Rohrbach

Well said
What I don't care for ''myself'' are the Dungeon & Dragon type paint schemes that some like to put on sport jets, I can appreciate the talent it takes to do that kind of work but I think its totally out of place on a jet. Usually tough to see in the air and it just ruins an otherwise good looking outline. This is of course my opinion so it means about as much as the next guys opinion.

FWIW.. of all the jets I've flown over the years, the one that was absolutely the easiest to see regardless of sky conditions was John Redman's DF Bandit painted in a Russian-ish camo scheme. I'm right there with you on the crazy airbrush schemes Kelly. Not really a fan once they leave the ground. I can certainly appreciate the talent and work involved in painting them though.
+2