Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 11x vrs 12X in Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 11x vrs 12X in Jets

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default JR 11x vrs 12X in Jets

Hey Guys,
I'm looking for radio to replace my A9, I like the 12x and have seen a lot of you guys used it in your jets, but for the price tag I would be grounded for the next 2 months or so. so i looked at 11x as another option, besides the 1 channel and price tag difference what other real BIG benefit does the 12x have over the 11x? I had a DX7 until December when i switched to the A9, never had a single problem with the DX7 in the nearly 3 years i used it so that's why JR/ Spektrum is my first choice right now, one down side i see is the 11x come with a 9 channel RX and i would have to spend another $200 to get a 12 ch RX to make use of the 11x full potential. although i can get by with the 9 ch RX in both my jets ( Boomerang Sprint, MB USA Tornado), let me know what you guys think.

THANKS!!!!

Kenric.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: JR 11x vrs 12X in Jets

Kenric

I have both (every JR Tx actually!) and really the 11x is like your DSX-9, with two extra channels and some additional mixing, timers and set-up options. The main difference is the quality of hardware, the DSX-12 has the highest quality case, multi ballraced stick units and from my understanding the processor in the 12 is different with capacity to spare and the 11 is using all that is available. We have sold plenty of both types and have no issues, like you say you need the more expensive Rx to use the 11 channels, but you are still financially better off.
Nearly all my group around me fly the DSX-12 for jets and have no issues, but I have a few also using the DSX-11 too and they also have had no issues in the short time its been available here. I personally find the DSX-11 screen poor to see when wearing sunglasses and some don't like the style. The DSX-12 is made in Japan and the DSX-11 in Malaysia...

Dave
Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Jeffpro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you use the radio's sliders for brakes, you won't like the 11X. The sliders are on the back of the radio and are difficult to reach. I tried it and wouldn't trade ten 11Xs for my 12X.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Kenrico

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Dave n Jeffpro,
thanks for the advice, Dave when you say DSX9 I'm guessing you mean the 9503 right? what i have right now is an Hitec Aurora 9, being i never owned a JR radio before besides the Spektrum DX7 either of the 9503, 11x or 12x would be totally new to me. with that being said, what i really like about the 11x is that we can assign any of the switches for the different functions( Flaps, gear, Breaks ) I don't know if the 12x can but if it could I would not do it anyway since it has what each switch is for written on it. The 11x has the names also but they are all on top so it would not bother me.
Jeffpro,
thanks Again, to answer your question, no i don't use the sliders for anything I've been using a spring loaded switch on my current radio for breaks.

Guys anymore info to help me decide is greatly appreciated. Like i said I like the 12x but the price tag is not in range for now, and i don't want to get something that I'm going to want to change 2 or 3 months from now.