Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Building my first Jet. Viper 2m questions.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Building my first Jet. Viper 2m questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 AM
furycham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my first Jet. Viper 2m questions.

Hi guys,

As title says this is my first jet and have some questions on the building.

The jet is a Viper 2m and I am done with the servo installation of stabs, ail and flaps but have some questions and hope you can help me.

1. What is the best way to mount a regular size servo on the rudder? The space inside is so tight, what have you done to fit it in? Pics will be great!!
2. I am a little worry about toasting the tail servo extensions(stabs & rudder), what have you used or how you route them to prevent burning them? Pics will be great!!
3. Is it mandatory to use the springs or elastic band to tension the steering cable?
4. How to program the 14mz to center the steering wheel before retracting it? How to stop the steering servo after retracting it?

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Regards,

Vic
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Building my first Jet. Viper 2m questions.

This link should help you on most of your questions...Couldnt tell you on the 14mz though

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_98...tm.htm#9823666

Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

On question 3 you would definitely need something, or it will hang up..On mine there is a heavy duty zip tie taped to the inside of the cable. This works really well. If I get a chance I will see of I can get you a picture.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

4. How to program the 14mz to center the steering wheel before retracting it? How to stop the steering servo after retracting it?
do not enable the nose steering channel in the functions menu ... set up a mix from the rudder to the nose wheel. Use a EXP 1 mix and add 20% negative expo also to soften the center. set the retract switch as the on/off to ACTivate the mix ... the mixes come up as INHibited at first ...

as to the elastic bands, they are not mandatory .. all they to is help pull the steering cables out of the way as the nose gear retracts so it does not bind up on its way back down later when you are dropping the gear ..

the thread link posted should give you all the other info you may need on this specific airframe ..

all the best !

~V~
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: furycham

Hi guys,

As title says this is my first jet and have some questions on the building.

The jet is a Viper 2m and I am done with the servo installation of stabs, ail and flaps but have some questions and hope you can help me.

1. What is the best way to mount a regular size servo on the rudder? The space inside is so tight, what have you done to fit it in? Pics will be great!!
2. I am a little worry about toasting the tail servo extensions(stabs & rudder), what have you used or how you route them to prevent burning them? Pics will be great!!
3. Is it mandatory to use the springs or elastic band to tension the steering cable?

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Regards,

Vic
Look at the following thread , you will find many tips&tricks in the entire thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...13/key_/tm.htm

Look at post #308 & #312 if you want an alternative method for doing you nose steering...I hate cables!

Post #322 for the rudder.... p.s. a HS 5225 works great for the rudder and Elevators
Post #325 & #331 for the servo extension routing
Post #357 for battery mounting
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
furycham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost done, thanks all for your help.

Vic