Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Repairing a Jetcat ECU

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Repairing a Jetcat ECU

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 PM
sortegon
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Repairing a Jetcat ECU

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

What components did you replace

Replaced the fet and drivers for the starter
(N06HD,Ndt456,fmmt4401)
Old 11-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

was that all the five main components on the fet side of the board?

Was about the other side?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 PM
sortegon
My Feedback: (9)

The fmmt is on the back side. Its a tiny surface controler.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
kalischek

Hello

I'm facing thae same problem all is working on the ECU except the pump. I have changed all the param (voltage to make sure even with higher voltage it doesn't work) so I have tested the transistor that are ok does someone have a schematic of the ECU version 6 ?
I think the problem can't be a big one but without schematic I have to spend few day's just to build up a schematic trying to understand the connexions on the board and we have 3
One with the CPU memory and eeprom
the second is the high current output stage
and the last is all the sensors and i/O needed for that ECU

Or if someone has a last test to propose I'm ready to do before jumping in the transistor and AOP storry

Thanks in advance

Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Silly question I know, but have you tested the pump to see if it runs off a 6 volt battery?

Mike
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kalischek

Hello

I'm facing thae same problem all is working on the ECU except the pump. I have changed all the param (voltage to make sure even with higher voltage it doesn't work) so I have tested the transistor that are ok does someone have a schematic of the ECU version 6 ?
I think the problem can't be a big one but without schematic I have to spend few day's just to build up a schematic trying to understand the connexions on the board and we have 3
One with the CPU memory and eeprom
the second is the high current output stage
and the last is all the sensors and i/O needed for that ECU

Or if someone has a last test to propose I'm ready to do before jumping in the transistor and AOP storry

Thanks in advance

If you already tried Baldeagel pump test , then go back to post # 33 and try my test. Its the same for ,Pump,Glow& Starter
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
kalischek

Hello

Thanks for your responses the pump run fine I have tested with 1.2V and turn fine
The transistors are ok I but i think there is a process that doesn't drive the transistor (a protection or ...)
I have done a mesurement with the scope and can see pulse coming 2 or 3 of few ms and than finish
I think there is a loop that control the current or ... I think i should have the schematic of the board because there is a pwm controler that will have in charge to control the voltage of the pump and I don't see anything when I try to make a test when I am in the test menu that is normaly used to purge the kero

If someone has some idea they are welcome I am electronic eng so i can understand and do a lot but if you don't know the state machine behaviour it is a little difficult

Thanks in advance
Regards
Old 01-27-2012, 01:51 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the processor has to see RPM and EGT before it energizes the pump, might be worth while to check those too.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
basimpsn

I think i should have the schematic of the board because there is a pwm controler that will have in charge to control the voltage of the pump and I don't see anything when I try to make a test when I am in the test menu that is normaly used to purge the kero
Looks like you did your home work . I don't think there is a loop or fail safe circuit that could stop the PUMP TEST FUNCTION from working. The driving (pulse width) sometime comes directly from the Micro Processor. I once found a open circuit from the CPU to my glow plug TRN.

P.S Diagram not for JETCAT but use the same type TRN.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55152.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1719988   Click image for larger version

Name:	rp42531.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1719989  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM
coolt5
My Feedback: (2)

Hi all

i have the same ecu 5.0v and i was trying to start my engine when i notice a smok coming from the ECU so i take it a part and notice the no1 in the Picture was burn so i take it to my frinde to check it for me and he ask me to git another one so he can replace it . also hey find the no2 in Picture its short also. hey ask me to replace it too.

is that mine it have to do somthing togither .
also what is the part no for no1 in Picture .
and from wher i can order them pls.

thanks in advans
SAM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99689.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1736505  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 AM
coolt5

just for your info:

also the story start like this 1st:

My p80 that I have for a 1 year’s already
I tried to run it and its propene start so when the sequence start after the ignition and engine go to 5000 rpm there is a fire in the Combustion chamber the engine dos not spoall up and I think it’s the fuel dos not go to the engine so I take the fuel bomb out and tray it its work only when the volte go’s 0.600 and up but lees than that it’s not working when u tray to test it from GSU ….. Is that normal or it should work from a lower voltage

last time engine run was alomst 8 mintes.

and i didnt get over temp alarm. or the preheating

also i get acceleration delay

also its just run with propan only no fuel go to the engine

Thanks in advance
Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 AM
basimpsn

We try to fix this problem sometime ago by looking at pictures but got no where. As for #2 looks like a 5v regulator try this web site. #1 could be anything,(JETCAT PART#) its up to your tech to determined if its a npn, pnp, two diode together or Fet. Good Luck

http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet/431AC-436378.html
Old 12-08-2012, 06:09 AM
coolt5

this picture from a jetcat p80 and i need to replace the small cheeps insaid the jet board so if anyone ever open his jet before or know the part no# of this pls let me know

or post a picture hear

thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool thread. Bunch of guys from around the world trying to help each other out! This is way beyond me, but fun to watch and find out if things get fixed.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM
basimpsn

First are you having a start motor or a RPM problem?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 AM
coolt5

No sr
The only problem is I solder the lipo battery in reverse of + and - so when I connect the battery to the ecu it smoked and I open it there was a small voltage filter cheap burn so I replace it with the same no on the cheap and test everything is ok
So when I try to rotate the motor by the ground unite it rotate for 5 seconds and the smoke come from this bord in the engine as u can see in pic.
that the hole story.
And the engine was working fine before that
Old 12-09-2012, 06:03 AM
basimpsn

Need a better picture of the burn component. could be a protective diode or a EMF blocker to the FET transistor. Remove the bad part and re-test the ECU, and go from there.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 PM
mgsanna

Default Component name

Originally Posted by coolt5

this picture from a jetcat p80 and i need to replace the small cheeps insaid the jet board so if anyone ever open his jet before or know the part no# of this pls let me know

or post a picture hear

thanks in advance
I've seen the picture now the component is a protection diode smd, it's burned because the motor was in non declutch or late declutch, this diode is used in case the o-ring and the motor remain clutched to the little purple spinner, the turbine run and the little motor produce current like a generator, and sent back current to the whole system smoking everything......

The component is : YM78A diode smd
I have no Idea of the specs....
Old 05-09-2017, 10:12 AM
viperman78

Default Ym78a

Hello,

Same problem over here, this part burned out from my P80 after trying to let the startermotor run with a 2s lipo on the starter motor contacts.
I try to searth on the P/N YM78A, but nothing found, exist there an alternative P/N, or an other way to order this?

Thx guys.

Edwin.

Originally Posted by mgsanna
I've seen the picture now the component is a protection diode smd, it's burned because the motor was in non declutch or late declutch, this diode is used in case the o-ring and the motor remain clutched to the little purple spinner, the turbine run and the little motor produce current like a generator, and sent back current to the whole system smoking everything......

The component is : YM78A diode smd
I have no Idea of the specs....
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Whizbang
basimpsn,

Thank you for sharing the schematic!
Do you have and would you share the schematics for the other boards in the ECU?
They would be a great resource.

Peter,

I tried to find a cross for the BYW20E and all I could come up with was a bridge rectifier in a rather large package.
Are you sure about the number?

Thanks, Whizbang
you want the bootloader , hexfiles and sources also?
Old 05-13-2017, 08:10 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by coolt5

or post a picture hear

thanks in advance
mine says:
Y M
6 A A
Old 11-10-2017, 04:57 AM
stringchi

Default ECU v10 short circuit problem

Hello firends,
I Bought a jetcat turbine, but when I plug another battery pack my ecu sparked, and it didn't work. I am electronic engineer, I opened the ecu pack, and I found a burned diode or Cap in input of circuit, I think this diode is for voltage protection, I take out the burned component, and Ecu work very well. but I want to buy that component and replace to burned component place, Is it possible for you to send that component number? I will buy it from here. that component is near power input

thank you in advanced...
Old 11-10-2017, 06:16 AM
basimpsn

"but when I plug another battery pack my ecu sparked" Whatever battery voltage that was just buy a zena diode with the same voltage and replace the damage one.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:42 AM
stringchi

Originally Posted by basimpsn
"but when I plug another battery pack my ecu sparked" Whatever battery voltage that was just buy a zena diode with the same voltage and replace the damage one.
here is my ECU, is it a zener diode? are you sure. no one has this ECU v10? If you have, please read this component number and tell me.

Thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	yoy4_1.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	2244606

Last edited by stringchi; 11-12-2017 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:42 AM
stringchi

Default picture

Originally Posted by basimpsn
Click image for larger version

Name:	yoy4_1.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	2244607

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.