Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BLUE ANGELS GOUNDED

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BLUE ANGELS GOUNDED

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:26 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLUE ANGELS GOUNDED

The leader needs a break

Old 05-29-2011, 08:28 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BLUE ANGELS GOUNDED

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10544364/tm.htm
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

No real loss bit average when you think about it......... Loads of prancing about on the ground and poor flying.............. Now the red arrows on the other hand...... Sheer Quality

Cast a hook and some bait and wait
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

LOL
ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

No real loss bit average when you think about it......... Loads of prancing about on the ground and poor flying.............. Now the red arrows on the other hand...... Sheer Quality

Cast a hook and some bait and wait
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Yes they fly very well for a group that hasn't advanced out of trainers yet.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:23 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: cfircav8r

Yes they fly very well for a group that hasn't advanced out of trainers yet.

One sort of on the hook............... but I think this one got off

Dennis
Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 AM
cfircav8r

I do have a lot of respect for the Red Arrows, they are fantastic flyers, but you have to admit the fact that the Blue Angels fly the entire routine pulling up to 9 G's sustained, without the use of G-suits, (its too hard to strut around with them on) deserves some serious respect. Yes all the other teams wear G-suits.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:39 AM
cfircav8r

I love fishing
Old 05-29-2011, 10:09 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: cfircav8r

I love fishing

See if you can catch a canadian............ They fight well
Old 05-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I read in the paper that the Blue Angels are the worlds most experienced jet display team
Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

I read in the paper that the Blue Angels are the worlds most experienced jet display team
Old 05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
cfircav8r

So what are your thoughts on the Snow Birds? Also a very accomplished team. They all share a common theme, precision and showmanship with an emphasis on safety.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:00 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Takes a lot of balls to do what they do everyday..... takes even more to do what they do everyday and have the self-discipline to know when to step down. Amazing team with an amazing tradition - I'm sure the future will hold the same. Lots of respect and a big salute to Koss and the rest of the team.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:07 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

Takes a lot of balls to do what they do everyday..... takes even more to do what they do everyday and have the self-discipline to know when to step down. Amazing team with an amazing tradition - I'm sure the future will hold the same. Lots of respect and a big salute to Koss and the rest of the team.

So you dont think they are just a bunch of twits in blue suits who could not cut the mustard then

Dennis
Old 05-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Rider-60
My Feedback: (17)

Actually the last manouver looked better, they should rather give him a medal.
Have a look at the videos from the Phantom era, they were even closer to the ground than that....

Anyway it is not the first time that a pilot is replaced in the BA Team, 2 or 3 years ago they already fired one, can't remember his name. They are on a bang seat 24hours a day!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Nhalyn

Here you can find a video (in french, sorry) showing the diverses planes used by the French Air Force Patrol till she was created. Up to 12 jets in close patrol, actually the patrol is still flying with 8 planes in close patrol and aerobatic manoeuvers...

I recommend you the few last second of this video : this is what I call a low pass !!!!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ub_Is4duE[/link]
Old 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
willig10

Bigplumbs or whatever your name is:
I am not one to stir up controversy, however you have pushed one of my buttons. I am a pilot and fly aerobatics. I can attest that the Blue Angles are one of the best teams out there. I think it was with upmost class that the CO stepped down. He has the lives of all the team at his responsibility as leader. Because of this he felt that it was his fault for not performing the maneuver correctly and put not only his life but the lives of his team at stake. He let his ego not get in the way of protecting the overall team.

That said, before you comment on who is what. Go out and pay for about a 30 minute ride in an aerobatic aircraft, do some "MILD" aerobatics and then come back on RCU and comment.

It is always easy to "Monday morning quarteback" someone. Until you walk in someones shoes... Please leave the negative comments to yourself.

Glenn Williams
Old 05-29-2011, 02:08 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: willig10

I am not one to stir up controversy, however you have pushed one of my buttons. I am a pilot and fly aerobatics. I can attest that the Blue Angles are one of the best teams out there. I think it was with upmost class that the CO stepped down. He has the lives of all the team at his responsibility as leader. Because of this he felt that it was his fault for not performing the maneuver correctly and put not only his life but the lives of his team at stake. He let his ego not get in the way of protecting the overall team.

That said, before you comment on who is what. Go out and pay for about a 30 minute ride in an aerobatic aircraft, do some ''MILD'' aerobatics and then come back on RCU and comment.

It is always easy to ''Monday morning quarteback'' someone. Until you walk in someones shoes... Please leave the negative comments to yourself.

Glenn Williams

Surely bigplumbs has vast personal experience in high-speed close formation aerobatics with jet fighters. No one could be so classless a jerk as to make critical remarks without the credentials to back them up.

I wait anxiously for BP to vindicate himself and demonstrate that he is not just a bag of hot air.

jess
Old 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

this is what I call a low pass !!!!
Wow, it sure was!

The Blues are a class act. The pressure they're under during practice and performances must be intense. I wouldn't want it. The leader made a very tough choice, probably a career-ender.  He has my respect!

Ever notice how a little dog yaps AFTER the big dog has passed?   
Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just SOP for that poor little misery Littleraisins. Scotty
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
cfircav8r

He's just an R/C hooligan. He loves to do the our team is better than yours to get a rise out of everyone, and he always finds more than enough takers. Taking it personal just feeds the fire. Recreational arguing is a hobby in and of itself.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Jamie C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jessiej

ORIGINAL: willig10

That said, before you comment on who is what. Go out and pay for about a 30 minute ride in an aerobatic aircraft, do some ''MILD'' aerobatics and then come back on RCU and comment.

It is always easy to ''Monday morning quarteback'' someone. Until you walk in someones shoes... Please leave the negative comments to yourself.

Glenn Williams

No one could be so classless a jerk as to make critical remarks without the credentials to back them up.
Believe me he can! just better to ignore him.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
fred985

and no one says why the crounding,,,???,,,the leader broke the saftey rules by going to low,,,simple as that. i have 500 hours flying my 450 stearman an never flew 2 low,,,nothing below 3000 feet agl,,, a gofed slow roll can drop u 12000 feet in a heart beat. somnthing about bold pilots but no old bold pilots,,??
Old 05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
bogeyp38
My Feedback: (12)

hey ya cant even catch a Canadian, they run away faster than italians, ha.... the BLUE ANGELS are what the others are measured by...
Old 05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

That team leader is a big man in my book, and he's honest. He had the guts to face the fact that he was the problem, and took himself out of it before real damage was done to the team or its reputation. Those kind of men are too few and far between, and he is to be commended.

In January 1982, almost half of the USAF Thunderbirds were wiped out, following their lead right into the desert outside Indian Springs at 400 mph. If you go into the Birds museum today and ask about it, they won't acknowledge that it happened.

Which attitude would you choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.