Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY DATES AND LOCATION

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY DATES AND LOCATION

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY DATES AND LOCATION

Can't wait for BITW! Looking forward to meeting Ali, Lewis, and John in person.

Doug, I still have a bird that'll hillclimb, so I'll be on your six!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe C

Lewis patton from Kentucky, Pablo Fernandez from Florida and Jack Diaz from Venezuela, and ofcourse Ali Machinchy from the UK will also be attending. I like to thank everyone who will be traveling far to come to Best In The West, including the US pilots coming from California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, Illionois, Kentucky, Arizona. I am sorry if I missed a state. Thank you for your support.

FOOD: There will be food vendor at the show starting on Thursday through Saturday with breakfast being served from 8:00 AM and ending with Lunch at 3:00 PM, along with an Icecream Truck.

If you havent pre-Registered, well you know the deal, also banquet, I need to know if you will be attending. Please get your payments in for Pre- Reg, Banq, Tent, etc etc

Thanks, Joe C!!!

Joe,

Can I register and get a banquet ticket when I arrive Wednesday, or should I send you a check now?

Really looking forward to attending!

Lewis
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: jeteye

Lewis patton from Kentucky, Pablo Fernandez from Florida and Jack Diaz from Venezuela, and ofcourse Ali Machinchy from the UK will also be attending. I like to thank everyone who will be traveling far to come to Best In The West, including the US pilots coming from California, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Florida, Illionois, Kentucky, Arizona. I am sorry if I missed a state. Thank you for your support.

FOOD: There will be food vendor at the show starting on Thursday through Saturday with breakfast being served from 8:00 AM and ending with Lunch at 3:00 PM, along with an Icecream Truck.

If you havent pre-Registered, well you know the deal, also banquet, I need to know if you will be attending. Please get your payments in for Pre- Reg, Banq, Tent, etc etc

Thanks, Joe C!!!

Joe,

Can I register and get a banquet ticket when I arrive Wednesday, or should I send you a check now?

Really looking forward to attending!

Lewis
Lewis, you can send check now if you like, or wed will be fine, see you soon. Joe C!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It's official registration sent, I should be their sometime on Thursday, this will be a great event...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: P. Richards

It's official registration sent, I should be their sometime on Thursday, this will be a great event...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Hi Patrick, I received your pre-reg, thanks, see you soon
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: GSR

ORIGINAL: ianober

Thanks, Joe C!!!

OMG it just keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!!!
Now dont forget Tony Quist from Azanora Scotty
( T from AZ)
Oh your right S, I forgot T from Arizona, everyone Tony Quist will be attending and he will have his special fork to use for the thursday night BBQ from D, and for the friday night BBQ from J, and then Saturday night Banquet, he loves his new SSF.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Driving to work today I had an idea for BITW... It may work, or it may not. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway.
In the past I have been asked to provide tuition/ assistance with various aspects of jet flying. Now, as much as I would love to have the time to do this ( Flight tuition is infact how I started off in this business before the shops) I just can't free the time up.
What I was hoping to do, was run a impromptu flight school at BITW on the more quiet days ( Weds/ Thursday) . Not so much covering all aspects of turbine flight, but instead focusing on more specific areas. Maybe stuff like landings, certain aerobatic manoeuvres or even demo/ display flying and flight structure..... Or whatever the group decide that they want me to focus on. I am happy to run through things with a few flights ( I am sure Joe will be kind enough to loan me a sports jet for this task) I will talk the group through what I am doing, as I am doing it, and then then break the group into pairs and watch their progress and individually coach them through what we are trying to learn. Focusing as much time as I can on each individual to guide them through certain things that they may be struggling with.
This I can do alongside any individual help that people have asked for as regards test flights or set ups on jets. All of this I will do for no charge. I just ask those who feel that they may have gained from my work to make a donation to the Make a wish foundation and support the BITW event.
Regards Al
Old 09-22-2011, 07:00 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ali, that is a great gesture. Count me in! This is a wonderful cause and it just shows what a class act you are. We are proud to have you attend the Best in the West with us. Let me know if there is anything you need or I can do. to help this. Let's get the event off to a great start.
Just a few more days guys!! Kero.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Lowell
Best in the West
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like a great idea, count me in. You can use my KC if you wish. Scotty
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM
ChrisPetersen
My Feedback: (3)

You are a class act Ali. Very cool. One more thing to be excited about for best in the west.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
sticks-RCU

Ali,

You have just made the next 6 days the longest days of my life!!! I can't wait to meet you and learn some of your techniques.

See you Wednesday.

John
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jet time

Ali, that is a great gesture. Count me in! This is a wonderful cause and it just shows what a class act you are. We are proud to have you attend the Best in the West with us. Let me know if there is anything you need or I can do. to help this. Let's get the event off to a great start.

Lowell
Best in the West
Hi Lowell, good to see you are still around. See you next week.

T
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Joe C

ALi, thanks for offer, taking time away from your fun to spend time with pilots who and would like your help is outstanding. I will have the 2M Viper jet at the show and both my 12X radio's for buddy box time with anyone who needs your help. Thanks again Ali. Joe C!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Joe C

Douglas call me when you get a chance!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM
jet time

ORIGINAL: quist

ORIGINAL: jet time

Lowell
Best in the West
Hi Lowell, good to see you are still around. See you next week.

T
T, looking forward to seeing you there as well. Just a few more days my friend!
Let us know if you need anything at all.
Lowell
Best in the West
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
jet time

John Redman did his pre-reg!!! Welcome out John!!

Lowell
Beat in the West
Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: Ali

Driving to work today I had an idea for BITW... It may work, or it may not. But I thought I would give it a shot anyway.
In the past I have been asked to provide tuition/ assistance with various aspects of jet flying. Now, as much as I would love to have the time to do this ( Flight tuition is infact how I started off in this business before the shops) I just can't free the time up.
What I was hoping to do, was run a impromptu flight school at BITW on the more quiet days ( Weds/ Thursday) . Not so much covering all aspects of turbine flight, but instead focusing on more specific areas. Maybe stuff like landings, certain aerobatic manoeuvres or even demo/ display flying and flight structure..... Or whatever the group decide that they want me to focus on. I am happy to run through things with a few flights ( I am sure Joe will be kind enough to loan me a sports jet for this task) I will talk the group through what I am doing, as I am doing it, and then then break the group into pairs and watch their progress and individually coach them through what we are trying to learn. Focusing as much time as I can on each individual to guide them through certain things that they may be struggling with.
This I can do alongside any individual help that people have asked for as regards test flights or set ups on jets. All of this I will do for no charge. I just ask those who feel that they may have gained from my work to make a donation to the Make a wish foundation and support the BITW event.
Regards Al

Sweet idea Ali. Joeys MAW bucket should be full of dinero after ALI 101 has been completed..

I also wanted to throw out some props to our friend Joe C and all the Barks members who have spent countless hours preparing to make BITW an awesome event for all of us to enjoy...

I talk to Joe every day and lately all I get is the "I'll call you back" I'm working on Best in the West.. Time,, out of pocket expenses, etc etc. Lots of work to put one of these shows on.

Cheers to my pal Joe C.. It wouldn't have happened without him.. Period!!

Now hand over the box to the Tucano
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Great idea Ali. Maybe Joe can lend the mic headset to you so that we can all hear your comments through the speakers during your demo flights. I would love to learn your technique of the outside loop starting from show center at low altitude. You also do a very nice high speed slow roll low to the ground. I saw you do these about two years ago with the SM ViperJet. Any tips on stick movement/Tx mixing to accomplish these maneuvers would be great!

Really looking forward to this event Joe and Lowell, you're doing an awesome job getting it ready. I'll be rolling in Thursday morning with the UF and Habu32. Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68460.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1665409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30968.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1665410  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Airforce7

Great idea Ali. Maybe Joe can lend the mic headset to you so that we can all hear your comments through the speakers during your demo flights. I would love to learn your technique of the outside loop starting from show center at low altitude. You also do a very nice high speed slow roll low to the ground. I saw you do these about two years ago with the SM ViperJet. Any tips on stick movement/Tx mixing to accomplish these maneuvers would be great!

Really looking forward to this event Joe and Lowell, you're doing an awesome job getting it ready. I'll be rolling in Thursday morning with the UF and Habu32. Ken
What about pops??? Best Western????
Old 09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Ali

Regards Al

Sweet idea Ali. Joeys MAW bucket should be full of dinero after ALI 101 has been completed..

I also wanted to throw out some props to our friend Joe C and all the Barks members who have spent countless hours preparing to make BITW an awesome event for all of us to enjoy...

I talk to Joe every day and lately all I get is the ''I'll call you back'' I'm working on Best in the West.. Time,, out of pocket expenses, etc etc. Lots of work to put one of these shows on.

Cheers to my pal Joe C.. It wouldn't have happened without him.. Period!!

Now hand over the box to the Tucano
I concern D. I have never seen anyone work harder on an event then Joe has for BITW. The BARKS members have also been busy get the place all cleaned up.

T
Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
AFTERBURNER1

What day is RAF going to show??
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Ali

Ok, Cool! It seems like there are a few on board for my flying camp idea. Thanks Joe for the really kind offer. I am sure we can make good use of that 2M Viper, and its an ideal plane for me to use to run through what I do. I was hoping to start with a class on set up, mixers and general model tuning. I think what might be bet is if I plan to do two or three ( Depending on numbers) classes per day. This way normal flying can continue around us, and we won't disturb those who want to crack on and burn Kero... Which after all is what BITW is about.
Maybe we can set it up so there are set times on the Wednesday and Thursday so people who want to attend know at what time they need to be where.
Thanks for the kind offer Scotty. I might use your KC as thats an aircraft that really benefits from some mixers.
Your very welcome guys. Don't thank me, thank Joe. He is the one that is getting me to this event, and its the least I can do to help. As well as the fact I get a kick out of passing on what I know to others. There are not many uses in life for my pretty limited skill set, so I figure I may as well try and help others learn from what I have picked up along the way, and if that increases their enjoyment of this great hobby then thats fine by me!
I look forward to seeing you guys soon and hanging out with you all in the Californian sunshine!
Regards Al
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Ali,

That's a cool idea. Count me in. I will bring a couple of Velox XL and Velox for anyone who wants to learn some flight lessons. I had made a "Global Jet Training School" flag and was getting ready to set up some classes at jet meets so we can divert inquirers to these classes instead of hanging around next to pilots who are preparing for their next flights. I got so distracted at KY jet that I did not have time to fly for the fear that I forgot to check things thoroughly while talking to spectators or visitors. It would be our honor to have you as our first instructor. For this BITW, Dave Phillips and I will just go there and fly, now we can also learn. Look forward to see you again.

Mike
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Ali

Hey Mike.
Thats a really kind offer. I think we should be ok, but it might be good to have a box fresh Velox if we get time, as I can run through my test flight and set up routine. Remember guys, if you want to donate anything for that jet camp, please feel free to make an extra pledge to the event and the Make a Wish foundation.
Regards Al.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Ali

double post. Doh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.