Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-38 Jet Rally Pics

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-38 Jet Rally Pics

Old 08-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Cowdog
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vigilante

Greg's beautiful Vigilante

with 1 successful flight under its belt!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103011_381.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	57685  
Old 08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
HITNDIRT
My Feedback: (1)

Default T-38 Jet Rally Pics

looks like a great event. I hope to have more time nxt year and place it on my list. Especally since i'm building a bf t-38 .

but i also wanted to ask how you like that rcm f-4
(building season seemed to hit me early this year?)
Old 08-20-2003, 01:49 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it seemed as though everyone had a good time. We never thought the event would be as big as it ended up. Crowd control will be taken care of next year for sure as well as a few other small items.

Thanks again to all the pilots who made the trip to fly off of the small 10,500 x 150 foot runway. Banquet may become a Saturday evening BBQ at the field so we can fly till the sun fully sets.

Thanks once again to those who came. It was great to see the Texas gang and meet a few more great jet modelers. I have to admit that is what it is all about.

John Redman
Team BVM, Jet Cat USA
Old 08-20-2003, 04:52 PM
bcovish

Great to meet you John. All the stuff I heard about you prior to the event has turned out to be true. . Just kiddin.

It was a great event. Ditto on what you said about the dinner at the field. The only other thing that could maybe adjusted is where the big tent goes. If it were moved about 25 or 50 yards to the south would give a little more room for the pilots tents. Just my opinion.

Had a good time and will be back next year for sure. Next year I will have my KingCat.

Do they grow any trees in Lubbock???

Bob Covish
Old 08-20-2003, 05:14 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Default Re: Vigilante

Originally posted by Cowdog
Greg's beautiful Vigilante

with 1 successful flight under its belt!

Can you tell me if this is a Phil Nuckles Vigi kit?

Todd
Old 08-20-2003, 10:33 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Todd,

yes greg got the kit from Tim when he was molding them from Phil's molds. PM greg directly for the details, I thing just about everything had to be reworked to remotely fit.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:55 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

John Redman was one of the most quick witted, funny guys I ever met. All the Microphone work he did was awesome! If you havn't seen Redman fly, it's a sight to see. I was most impressed with everyone I met. Had a great time and will surely be back next year.

John, crowd control appears to have been a little issue for you, it was a little annoying, but I got to hand it to the locals that put together that event. It was a pretty thankless job, and they were always working on something to make it better. The local Hobby Shop owner brought me out two servos. That's service!

Sean
Old 08-21-2003, 04:14 AM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Default what a week!

Last week and weekend was great!

John Redman and Mike Danchak burned up the last of their jet fuel this evening before John has to return to California on thursday.

He even offered to let Robert Masten have some stick time this evening. John even offer me his tx and I told him that I wouldn't do it without the buddy box.

No problem.

He just finished that flight, landed, refueled; and dug out the other tx and hooked up the cord.. "Ok Don. Your turn." or words to that effect. On the buddy box, I got three or four minutes of stick time with John instructing me in what to do. I kept the maneuvers simple - loops and rolls only.

Add that four minutes to the two I got last year, and I have almost six total minutes of model jet time. How about that!
Old 08-21-2003, 04:47 AM
John Redman

Sean, crowd control wasn't annoying, it plain SUCKED!!!

We never ahd any idea that the crowd would be as large as it turned out to be. The local club has never had an event that has had more than 25 pilots either.

Everything has been talked about and the entire flightline/crowd area for next year is in order. If it doesn't work, then we will just start shooting spectators at high noon.

Prepare for next year, the event WILL be taylored directly towards the pilots, period.

Thanks again for everyone who came out. Don't miss it next year, it will be even more fun.

John Redman
Team BVM, Jet Cat USA