Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Getting Threats, please help with ideas???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Getting Threats, please help with ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 AM
jgracco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting Threats, please help with ideas???

Wow I am surprised... Sounds like he is frustrated. Shaz, I think we all say things we don't mean. I would be one unhappy camper if this happened to me... Most people are usually pretty cool but we all act a little off when things go wrong or lets say that you might see some colorful reactions from people in these cases not that Icondone threats because I do not. That is where this person does himself and the community wrong in fact I am surprised that the moderator has not pulled some of this stuff. I know it is what it is and people are people but it is disheartening to read it on any level because frankly from your record you sold this in good faith and the guy that had the issues is clearly a victim here but no one to blame.I can not count how many times I said I was going to throw away a wreck only to pull it out later after some time away from it then begin to repair it.

Hopefully this guy comes to his senses and doesnot throw it away as realistically he is probably looking at a new set of bearings and a turbine wheel and maybe a compressor to get it going. Idon't recall what size or make this turbine is but my guess is that the cost new is 3k and a repair here would be about 1K or less.
John

ORIGINAL: sskianpour

ORIGINAL: jgracco

Shaz,

I looked at your record for sales and it is impeccable. That speaks loudly. I do not condone threats in any case except in defense of your personal safety, wife or kids, etc. Doing so is not acceptable especially in a public forum which Ihad no idea was going on. In all fairnessif there was a threat overthis medium, I am sure if could beconstrued asa felony...However, I highlydoubt that anyone wants to go there as this guy is clearly upset over a blown up motor and disheveled plane.

The logical action to take here is for the buyer to send this motor off to the manufacturer or other qualified service center for an eval. Has the buyer sent pics of the front of the turbine to dreamworks as requested?

There is absolutely no way to conclude what happened here for sure until someone has looked at the internals of this turbine.

John
ORIGINAL: sskianpour

John,

Please note the title of my post. I would generally handle this type of issue offline, and likely even work with the buyer. If he was to have called me, said look I crashed, I am sending the engine in, get a scientific analysis after crash, then call me up and say hey they said I did nothing wrong, it was just old and failing what can you do for me? Then, we might have traction, though i doubt he would have liked the manufacturer analysis since this engine ran like a top and never flamed out before.

When I get an emotional post-crash call minutes after buyer stalls plane that he could have saved, and have everything laid at my feet, and then told I need to make it all good again cuz it's my fault.....

In this particular case I am not posting for any other reason other than the fact the he threatened me. Do you know what it means when someone says ''jack will get his jacket''??? Sounds like a body bag or a death threat to me. How about if someone says ''you (plural)'' implying your family -wife and kids- in the threat. Are you really telling me that would not concern you?

I am not trying to garner sympathy as the seller John, until FalconWings assured me this guy is talking about a Voodoo hex I was trying to decipher if this guy is threatening physical bodily harm or some caribbean coloquial term for death.

I respect your opinion and reluctance to post if you were me, but in my line of work, as a criminal defense attorney, I take threats to me and my wife and kids very seriously.

Regardless, thanks for your voice, and best regards.

Shaz
Hi John, buyer has not sent photos of front of turbine. I find that "strange" as well. I am personally going to take many people's advice on this forum, friends, associates, fellow pilots, and strangers, and put this behind me and move on. Buyer has asserted he is trashing engine in a trashcan and not sending it in to manufacturer. Yet another un-believable gesture on his behalf. Thanks John, I'm out.

Shaz
Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

I would like to know how he got it so hot.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:21 PM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the sig line. You fulfilled your part as the seller. Forget about it and move on.

Grinder.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 AM
MinnSpin
My Feedback: (40)

Seems natural that homemade hooch could be to blame.