Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fly Eagle 1/6 scale F-16 Build Thread

Falcon I didnt say I was doing 3 point landings, all my landing are mains then nose. I have been greasing the landings since my 2nd flight, I was just point out the fact for people to watch out for this.
    Contest Director AMA # 8394
    Avanti XXL, Skymaster F-14
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YES my nose is removable, i got the first version of this F-16, NOT THE HONEYCOMB. I Also got 4 tank. What is your final weight with cockpit and empty fuel exept uat.

Mike
    Jet Central Rabbit, Superbee, kingtech k-80, cheetah, kingtech k-170f...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A little over 36lbs my elevators and rudder are honey comb which if I had the orig ones it would have been even more tail heavy. How much weight does the removable nose add I wonder.
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Hey Fenderbean,
    Is that the dry weight, or with fuel?
    [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dry
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

13 flights on the airframe and its going good, I did find a small area that needed some TLC. I ment to do this during the construction but I forgot, so the problem manifested as I expected it would. On the front bulkhead the main gear connects to it has door cylinders also, it is not covered with carbon fiber so its not as strong as the aft. The air cylinders connected with long bolts, a nut and a couple washers, so over the flights it has started to crush and tear the material. I simply added two small thin ply square pieces on each side, front and back with a hole for the bolt. This is easy and not a big deal, just wanted to give you the update so people can do this on there jets. I would suggest any place the honey come is not covered with carbon that has something bolted to it you do this, using carbon or G10 material would work to. The bulkheads that are not covered with carbon and dont have anything bolted on are fine, so dont go reinforcing those because you may consider them weak. They are plenty strong for what they are ment for unless your personal pref desires it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65012.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	1693050  
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Good catch. Reminds me that I need to swap the nose cylinder on my SM F-16 so that door doesn't open in flight.
    Team Elite Aerosport

thanks for the info , i have sent you a pm also .

OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well 2 more flights today that makes number 16, I had to send my gear controller back for a check up. They installed a gear door sequencer in it for me and checked it out. I had the nose stick on a flight and then one of the mains, lucky for me after cycling the gear a couple of times they both went down. I think it was probably my Ion battery or something with the switch, I replaced it with a 7.4v 1300mah lipo and so far no issue. Any way it flies like trainer to me and I dont think this jet would be hard for anyone with a few years experience flying big heavy aircraft. I really got the landings down now and its very smooth flier.
    Happy New Year! and I hope this years brings me two more Jets[:-]
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Good job keith i also had a problem with one of main gear and am waiting for new controller . i have not flown mine yet as i had an accident that at the moment keeps me away from action so i decided to go on and install the light system from D4S. i also installed the detail package..

OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, can you send picture of your light install, i'm trying to figure how to do mine.

Thanks

Mike

hi, i have not installed yet the landing and inlet lights. the inlet lights i got in the package are much thinner than the covers of FEJ F16 1/6 and am puzzled what to do. also i found that the fin position light lamp is burned as i placed in its position one of the other lights and it worked. also the green bottom wingtip light lamp came out to be blue!! i emailed my dealer to see if i can have these fix so i left the intallation half way.
    the difficult part upto now was to pass the wire through fin and then down to body as i have the honeycomb version and also some difficulty on the wings.
    D4S instructions for controller are clear enough.
    its better if you do this before you install the thrustpipe and engine so you can route the wires better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj24005.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	1706795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf14695.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	1706796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr41659.jpg 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1706797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rk24265.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	1706798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ep86408.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1706799  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Du21419.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	1706800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pr26236.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	1706801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lk35008.jpg 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	1706802  
    OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the picture, any tip to make our own led cover for the navigation light near the intake(boyh side).

Mike

well i will cut the red side lets say and take it to a friend who has a special plastic that when heated it gets soft and you place it over the red cover and you make one .then paint it. i am not sure what is this material called.
    small video of the lights and the landing lights on/off with retracts.

http://youtu.be/7-BCswEgCeU

OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im going to use the fin illumination lights on my main gear, will give some nice front landing viz.

Anyway flew 4 times the last couple of days and the gear is working great again, I think removing the switch and swapping from a Ion to lipo did the trick. I wanted to get 20 flights before the New Year but not going to happen so I will settle with 19. No issues at all besides my turbine taking a few tries to start every time. I increased the pump voltage as requested and I went so much till it was waaay to much and still no luck. I guess maybe the glow voltage needs to go up since its not getting the fuel burning fast enough, who knows? I am considering changing turbines to something with more thrust. The Rhino is fine, but to get all the ordinance on it and fly will require 40ish. So here is a better video to end 2011 and thanks to Emil aka Copterdoctor for the help, he was working like crazy to keep it in frame and get good video.
    Also thanks to all the great people I have met this year in the Jet arena, in no particular order! Lowell, James, Kc, Ben, Dave, Billy, Rex, b1 bob and the guys from Florida /mobile for signing my waiver. Thanks to all the great positive pms from people all over the world who enjoyed the build and who it helped with their projects/future builds. Then last but not least to all the negative forum trolls, may this year bring you a better, well may it bring you a better attitude and just remember your a rc flier not a pilot on here anyways. Its a just a hobby if its not fun then you shouldn't be doing it "write that down"
    Enjoy! and Happy New Year!!!!!
    Oh and I told you so

Last video of 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWZcm261VE
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

.........No issues at all besides my turbine taking a few tries to start every time. I increased the pump voltage as requested and I went so much till it was waaay to much and still no luck.

don't increase the pump voltage, increase the burner fuel flow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doesn't give me that option but I will check the manual
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL READER'S OF THIS THREAD!!

fender it seems that you have now mastered the landing sequence xexe!!! that was an excellent landing.
    the four led's that are for the nose door landing light are very strong and i think adequate.

OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FB, crazy looking illusion, from 7:50 on in the video, it looks like you are taxiing around with your nose gear 2" off the ground. Pretty neat trick!

As far as burner fuel flow increase on Rhino, manual won't tell you how. You have to call Eric and ask him to walk you through unlocking of ECU; You can access all fuel flow from there. Nice landing. Have you stress tested the plane with any SUPER High-G pull-outs to vertical and bottom-outs from Vertical?

Finally, maaaaan, you can't have a cool auto-latch canopy and no pilot dog! Where's the pilot?
    CJM is not known for its amazing aircraft, but they send you a mean pilot quickly that doesn't break the bank:

http://centuryjet.com/product_info.php/products_id/54

Happy New Year! [8D]
    Shaz

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well said.Thankyou for your build.Happy New Year to you and your family and all of the fine gentlemen on this forum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I was watching the video and said the same thing it really needs a pilot, I have the cockpit to put in and will add a pilot eventually. I was holding off adding the cockpit till I get my wing ordinance back. That way I can do one final balance with everything so I dont have to worry with it anymore.
    As for the stress testing, I have pulled some hard turns, pull hard from level to vertical and some hard ups on loop recovery but thats about it. It does everything I want it to do so I am happy [:-]

As for the turbine I was recently told about the ability to to unlock the ECU from a friend. I will call Eric about this since my problem is the start fuel not being enough, I get 4 to 5 ignition fails because the temp does not increase for the switchover. The pump voltage just increases the fuel after switchover and after almost having a hot start I figured that was enough raising of the pump voltage. [:-]
    This thing is way to heavy full to be dumping fuel out after false starts LOL
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats not my smoothest i was trying to lengthen it so I could touch down closer to the camera man. How is yours coming along?
    ORIGINAL: lookilook

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL READER'S OF THIS THREAD!!

fender it seems that you have now mastered the landing sequence xexe!!! that was an excellent landing.
    the four led's that are for the nose door landing light are very strong and i think adequate.

FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

hi, i am almost there, i have had a couple of problems like the afterburner controller not responding and waiting for new one, i also had a problem with my new fx-30 wiring problem which i fixed yesterday,
    But 2 days ago i plugged in the airpower multifunction valve and when i command for a gear down the doors open but then i get all the air out from the exchaust hole on the side of the valve. Tomorrow i will check for an internal leak in one of the landing gear cylinders as on the Gear up and door close command i have no leak at all so i quess its not the valve.
    when am done with this i will finish off rest of electronics and wait myself to be fit to fly as after the accident i had ,i still have a problem with my left eye.
    now i remembered i had a hard time with the canopy opening closing and used the diagram you gave me to get out of it...very clever idea although one connection line was missing from your sketch i found it very handfull and saved me a hell of a time...thanks again!!
    OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fender, stop humiliating jet pilots like that! Your success story is making some people uneasy!! How dare you do low knife edge passes on your 11th flight. Didn't you know you had to go through 5-6 jets before attempting to fly a large scale one to even consider doing a loop??

;-)
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Fender, stop humiliating jet pilots like that! Your success story is making some people uneasy!! How dare you do low knife edge passes on your 11th flight. Didn't you know you had to go through 5-6 jets before attempting to fly a large scale one to even consider doing a loop??
    Lol guess I didn't get the memo. Is this not just basic flying with a jet? I mean heck unless u have some thrust vectoring not much else u can do. Funny thing about it I never even flew the combat models f-16
    FEJ F-15, FEJ F-14
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    MA Whiplash 90 FBL

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast