Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

1/6 F-16, GJC or FEJ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

1/6 F-16, GJC or FEJ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
suhakkogi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6 F-16, GJC or FEJ?

I'm looking for a reliable F-16 1/6 kit. Now I'm looking at both GJC and FEJ.
But I couldn't find any info of GJC's F-16 pro.
There is no build thread, blog, etc.
Anyone have any views on the quality of F-16 from GJC?
Which would be a better kit to buy? Which flies better? Which is more scale?
Any landing gear locking problem? Unsolving any issues?

Thanks for helping me choose,
Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 F-16, GJC or FEJ?

FEJ gets my vote I am currently building one here is my build thread. I have never heard of the other one

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10589011/tm.htm
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fender, FEJ has your vote, yet you haven't even flown it yet... how about some unbiased feedback, rather than just coming off as a FEJ fanboy? The more I see you post about FEJ the less likely I am to buy one. Build it, fly it for a season, then pick up the pom poms.

To the OP: There is an extensive build thread on the GJC F-16, which is an upgraded Jet Legend F-16. Here's the thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_68...tm.htm#6860860

From my understanding, the JL/GJC F-16 doesn't have the scale detail of other F-16s, but it is a well built plane. Never heard of gear not working or failures. Mike Lin at Global Jet Club is great to work with.

The Skymaster plane is proven as it's been flying for many years. The gear are robust and can take a lot of abuse. I currently own this model.

I haven't flown the FEJ F-16 nor have I seen the 1/6 version, so I won't comment.

Another F-16 to consider is Fei Bao's. I owned one and really liked it. I went with the Matrix gear, so I can't comment on FB's gear.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow what ever, I simply posted my link for him to see some of the things he was asking about, locking of the gear and stuff. Lets try and keep the name calling for the elementary kids [:@]

Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You know he is kind of right Fender. Most FEJ costumers who are dissapointed with the product found the kit to be excellent, and it wasn't until they flew before the reliability issues started kicking in. I'm not saying you will have issues, but the statistics are working against you, and your lack of experience is evident (not flying experience, but jet state of the union experience). The quality of the FEJ hardware has been questioned since the product came out like 7 years ago, which is actually when I started flying turbines. You were not there so you missed on some interesting threads. Word is they have gotten a lot better, and more people are now willing to give them a second chance, but some don't want to hear about it.

So after that being said, can you really provide a good comparison between products? Probably not. However you can still state that you are building one and like it so far, that would add some value. I have owned F-16's of a whole bunch of different brands, inlcuding the above mentioned, still I don't comment as the OP is inquiring about a specific size which I don't have, so my opinion in termos of product reliability is probably worthless.

Keep up your good work on the build thread, I'm following it closely. And please don't feel like we are beating on you, with time you will learn the intricacies of this forum!

David
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM
gtoro26
My Feedback: (2)

hello all
i am waiting for my f 16 1.6 from jl
it i will arrive complete rtf minus turbine
brand new
i have experience with only this f16 not fej
but i am also waiting for small viper from fej
cant wait both should be here the same week
one to build and one ready to fly
as for f e j
i owned one of the first l 39 kits 1/7 and quickly made it a submarine rated 19 lbs dry no no no 25 dry 29 wet

i thought i would never buy another fly eagle no no no
purchased small viper jet may 7 custom order and proud of it they have come a long way but before you invest your *****$$$$$
do your own research or reach out to the experts
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
dubd

Jet Legend/GJC build thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_68...tm.htm#6860860

To the original poster, there are plenty of people on the Jet Legend build thread who have success with that model. You might want to ask your question there.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

My vote would be the Scale-Jets F-16!! That one is on my wish list!! Wayyyyy too expensive! But if I could afford it!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 AM
mark hinton

Hello all,
I have owned and flown Skymaster F16 and Jetledgend F16. Also flown other makes too.
The Skymaster has been the best so far the jet legend lacked in as much as it felt heavy in
Flight and was more diffecult to dial in on landing. Alas this time I shall be ordering a Febaio
Product as the flight envelope is excellent on this. Very good gear on
All three nothing to chose between them. Most of the ARTF s that are scale
Will return with good value for money.
Power , I feel all 1/6th F16 need a good push this time I shall go with a Jetcat P200.
Built strong and light they will carry a Good amount of fuel. However the JL F16 only
Carried enough fuel for 5 mins of F16 turn and burn flying.
The Skymaster was good for 10 mins the Febiao has again enough for 8mins.
The Slymaster carrys great detail as does the Febiao but the JL has only panel lines.
GJC does offer a great service as they paint the JL so goodbye to mr shiny plane , as in gel coat it is very shiny.
They all fly like F16.
Regards. Mark Hinton.