Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

San Antonio Jet flying?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

San Antonio Jet flying?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default San Antonio Jet flying?

Hey all, looks like I am probably going to be leaving California for a non-flying gig for the next 3-4 years.. Was wondering of any jet flying/friendly fields in/around San Antonio,Tx....I am finally going to have some time to be able to be home and get back in to the hobby more actively. After active duty flying the last 6 years I am looking forward to it!

Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: San Antonio Jet flying?

Hey man I asked the same thing at one of the local shops a few weeks back, there a few guys around but not to many from what i was told. Lester field up in Austin is a little over an hour away, they are jet friendly and have quite a turbine crowd in addition to an annual jet rally.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

There are a few jet flyers in SA. They fly in Seguin TX at the Randolph AFB auxillary field. They can fly there most weekends and holidays. No weekday flying. Like Dieselman said Austin is a short drive and is a jet friendly field.

www.austinrc.org
www.tricityflyers.com for info on the Seguin site.

If I can be of any help, give me call 512-680-2509

Bob Covish
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
NickC5FE

Thanks guys! Looking forward to making a slow down to have my free time back and get back to work on the C-5 project! Bob, will take your number down and give you a buzz when I get down there!

Nick
Old 07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
bcovish

Call anytime
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome nick!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: NickC5FE

Hey all, looks like I am probably going to be leaving California for a non-flying gig for the next 3-4 years.. Was wondering of any jet flying/friendly fields in/around San Antonio,Tx....I am finally going to have some time to be able to be home and get back in to the hobby more actively. After active duty flying the last 6 years I am looking forward to it!

Thanks
I fly at the Randolph AFB auxillary field, there are only two "jet guys" in the club now. I don't fly jets but I do fly with them on occasion, currently there is no jet flying due to the dry conditions. The club has a rule that no one can just go to the field, you must always bring a buddy of some kind, what makes this worse is that only a handful of people use that site, you will not have any luck just going out to the field, most of the time the field is empty. The club has two flying sites, the Randolph Aux is the only jet friendly site though and I don't like the grass field they use. So it's always nice to have more contacts so that I can fly more, welcome!

Luke

Old 07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
DCM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Nick,

Austin, Waco, DFW area are much better for jet flying if you can swing it. Sorry San Antonio just facts.
Besides we need you here. There's a cool airplane factory here to look at...................and go in. C'mon you can do it.

David

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: dionysusbacchus

Thanks
I fly at the Randolph AFB auxillary field, there are only two ''jet guys'' in the club now. I don't fly jets but I do fly with them on occasion, currently there is no jet flying due to the dry conditions. The club has a rule that no one can just go to the field, you must always bring a buddy of some kind, what makes this worse is that only a handful of people use that site, you will not have any luck just going out to the field, most of the time the field is empty. The club has two flying sites, the Randolph Aux is the only jet friendly site though and I don't like the grass field they use. So it's always nice to have more contacts so that I can fly more, welcome!

Luke

Nick, I am a member of the Tri City Flyers and have access to the Seguin site. We will work it out once you get settled in S. A.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
NickC5FE

Thanks again guys-typical Texas hospitality!

Dave-can't wait man!!! See you soon!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

TRAITOR

NEXT you will be playing golf
Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
WhoDaMan

NICK HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59650.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1710516  
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Nick,

I'm one of the San Antonio jet guys who fly at the Seguin field. Call me when you're ready to spread your jet wings and we'll get you going here. I agree with the other posts that Waco and Austin are more complete facilities. Waco is, however, about 2-1/2 hrs. away so thats pretty tough. Austin is about an hour away and is a great club. My phone # is 830-629-5737.

Rob
F15driver
Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
NickC5FE

HAHA Dave! Thanks Rob- i will keep your phone number handy! I really like the sound of Randolph, as it is free to Active Duty, and close. I may however, make the travel to the Austin field- i looked that field up a few weeks ago and it looks real nice.

Hudson- i will be up on multiple occasions to fly with you guys, and all the jet rallys!

My house is officially packed/cleaned here in NorCal, we blast off next Wednesday. Ive got a new Habu 32 with TJ80/8s setup and Tams gear- looking real forward to flying it when i get home in TX!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
WhoDaMan

One photo is waht your leaving, the othere says,,,,, RUUUUUUN

HAHA Dave! Thanks Rob- i will keep your phone number handy! I really like the sound of Randolph, as it is free to Active Duty, and close. I may however, make the travel to the Austin field- i looked that field up a few weeks ago and it looks real nice.

Hudson- i will be up on multiple occasions to fly with you guys, and all the jet rallys!

My house is officially packed/cleaned here in NorCal, we blast off next Wednesday. Ive got a new Habu 32 with TJ80/8s setup and Tams gear- looking real forward to flying it when i get home in TX!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27532.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1710538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98724.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1710539