Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aurora 9 for jets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aurora 9 for jets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
alasdair

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Aurora 9 for jets?

Any suggestions on what swithes to use for what?
I am programming my Aurora 9 for a couple of jets, first a JL Gripen and later a CARF Lightning.
I fly Mode 2, so the basics are obvious
Can other Aurora users suggest what to use for the gear, flaps (3 position) and brakes.?
Is there a standard recommended setup?
All this built-in flexibility is all very, well but I'd like to standardise on something sensible. At the moment, on the Gripen, I'm thinking
sw(B) for gear up for up
Right Slider for brakes, up for off
maybe sw (F) for airbrake
it doesn't have flaps
rates on (A) and (D)

Any improvements anyone?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 for jets?

on my F16 I use the right slider for brakes and the left slider for flapperons.

One thing to do that will make your life easy is set up flight conditions. Landing mode flight mode and takeoff mode.

These different conditions can also be made so when you hit the switch say for landing the changes take effect slow. Its all adjustable. So when you put gear down you have your rates change slowly and you flaps come down slow also. I use the top left switch for gear on all my planes. I most of the time use the 3 way switch right above it on my electra for the flaps and thay are slowed down when they deploy and come up fast incase one does not work.

I love the A9 so far and its nice not having stupid lockouts anymore. The telemetry is great! Just wish I had more channels.........
Old 07-27-2011, 01:41 PM
alasdair

set up Fright Conditions???
Does this mean I am going to have to read the instructions?
Seriously, Thank you for the advice.
""I use the top left switch for gear
Which one is that you mean? A B E or F ?

I set up the Gripen with gear on B, and put a little rubber ring round it to remind me of wheels (photo).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84667.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1640851  
Old 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM
gunradd

I use E for gear.

The flight conditions is a pain to learn at first but then a very nice option. I didnt want to mess with that stuff at first and just fly then ended up slowly putting the fancy stuff in and wish I just set the whole thing up right to start with.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 AM
alasdair

Which switch do you use for flaps?

I know what you mean about channels. I am wondering how to make 9 channels work on the CARF Lightning.

I wonder if they will bring out a 12 or 14 channel version?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 AM
gunradd

I use switch F for flaps on the electra. Its easy to just flip both the gear switch and flap switch with one finger in one motion that way for gear up flap up and the same with down. But like I said I am messing with flight conditions now and will probably end up just flipping one switch and my rates gear and flaps will all go to a landing,Fly and takeoff mode. I wish I set it up that way to start with.

On my F16 I love the flaps on the slider because they are flapperons not normal flaps and I like being able to dial what ever I want with the slider. But after I set up flight conditions I will be able to make the flapperons come down slow and still maintain full aileron servo speed using the same servos.