Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Small Part Storage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Small Part Storage

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 06:49 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Small Part Storage

I'm sure we all have our own preferred method of storing and organizing nuts, bolts, washers, hinges, clips, fittings etc.

For the last 15+yrs I've been using a set of Large Keeper Boxes. I really like these as they have multiple divided pockets but the best feature I find are the 'seals' on the lid that prevents thin parts such as washers migrating from pocket to pocket.

I liked them so much I bought a case of them, but I'm down to the last 3. It appears that the distributor no longer sells them and multiple Google searches as failed to find them anywhere.

I did find something similar in JoAnns yesterday, under the brand of Hildie & Jo as a bead container, but it was a little thinner so would hold less.

Continuing to search, I stumbled on this one that may be promising.

https://www.michaels.com/default/10468278.html

What does everyone else use? Any great ideas out there?

Paul

Last edited by JSF-TC; 01-31-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:56 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Check out the fishing tackle/ bait organizers. That's where I got mine.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:20 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I am clumsy, and more than once I have knocked over the tray of screws and had to collect and sort. So similarly, I picked up these small containers at JoAnn.. they fit in the tackle trays, and I though I still knock them over, its a little less of an ordeal to clean one container up rather than a tray

Agree with AJ, some of the new tackle trays have the seals you are looking for. May be time for a trip to bass pro!
Old 02-01-2021, 07:40 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I am just impressed you guys are able to sort them at all, I've not been able to get that far. I generally keep a handful of old full servo boxes separated into "smallish bolts," "slightly bigger bolts" and "large bolts" and the same for nuts and washers. I'd love to sit down one day and actually sort them by size/thread.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:48 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Mike I had one too many cussing fits when i knocked over a big tray and spent and afternoon sorting them back out... after it sat in a box lumped together for a few weeks... i swear i will have spent years of my life looking for crap... 10mm sockets included
Old 02-03-2021, 02:15 AM
Turbotronic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by patf
Mike I had one too many cussing fits when i knocked over a big tray and spent and afternoon sorting them back out... after it sat in a box lumped together for a few weeks... i swear i will have spent years of my life looking for crap... 10mm sockets included
Not forgetting the 13 mm spanner....