Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

8 - 12 WEEKS DELIVERY? Seriously?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

8 - 12 WEEKS DELIVERY? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8 - 12 WEEKS DELIVERY? Seriously?

It took 8 weeks to get a replacement wing and nose cone for my FEJ f16. I too had a 50% down on the 1.4 hawk since 10/18/12. When I found a used Skymaster hawk the last week of december I asked if I could change my order to a f-18 and was of course allowed to because the Hawk wasn't even started. I then read some of the other post and had to get a little bit stern about not having anything of 2 orders. The f-16 wing paid in full and the Hawk kit paid 2,000+ down. I got my wing a around the 15th and was told the F-18 is in production. I don't mind waiting but I also was told 8 weeks on the first order in October so 12+ weeks is getting old.

The sad thing is I have found a couple of the jets used and love them. Both the FEJ and Skymaster are excellent. I wish these companies will step up and start producing more and faster at the same if not better quality. Maybe with FEJ's new factory they will become the leader in production and we can get these jets when we order them with in a reasonable time.

I will hold off on judgement until I get my first order. That is unless I found a used one and ask my credit card company to get my money back.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:45 AM
j.c.a.
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread started Over 3 years ago and nothing has changed, IMHO I think its getting worst. I stared jets About 2 years ago with a used F-86 moved on to a used Ultra Lightning,ordered a Skymaster Hawk waited 14 weeks (arrived As scheduled) and mean while I purchased a Shockwave wich was in stock and received it a week later. Since then I have purchaced a Sky Gate Hawk and waited over 14 weeks for it, got damaged in shipping and had to wait another 8 weeks. While I waited for the Skygate I purchaced a used Tomahawk Hawk because its practically impossible to order a new one. I am ready to purchase my next jet, options are , Airworld F-100, Scalejets F-16 or Skymaster F-16 1/5 scale. The wait time on the kits has seriously made me debate whether to once again move on to different hobby where I can enjoy at my leisure. Most of the reps just blame the manufacturers when ever an issue arises and the feeling I get is these are the rules in this industry, Take it or leave it. I guess its time to weigh the Options.

J.C.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:55 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by j.c.a.
The wait time on the kits has seriously made me debate whether to once again move on to different hobby where I can enjoy at my leisure. Most of the reps just blame the manufacturers when ever an issue arises and the feeling I get is these are the rules in this industry, Take it or leave it.

J.C.
These are not.
We do charge a 10% reservation fee only because we got several customers playing dead after we received their custom specced kit.
We have lots of kits in stock, like the 1/5 scale Rafale, Diamond, Scorpion, Phoenix, Super Scorpion.
The kits that are not in stock typically ship within 8 weeks.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:13 AM
j.c.a.

Thanks for the reply, I as a business owner I understand the issues with accounts receivable , on my past rc kits which have had custom paint schemes I have understood having to pay in full upon ordering, what I can not understand is the excessive wait times on products that are advertised and fairly popular in the market place.
Do you represent any of the kits that I am currently in the market for?

J.C.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by j.c.a.
Thanks for the reply, I as a business owner I understand the issues with accounts receivable , on my past rc kits which have had custom paint schemes I have understood having to pay in full upon ordering, what I can not understand is the excessive wait times on products that are advertised and fairly popular in the market place.
Do you represent any of the kits that I am currently in the market for?

J.C.
No. We only sell Aviation design and Mibo ( and soon our own kits ). I've had a bit of a hard time to keep the promised date with Mibo, but in general we manage fairly well.
Delivery times on the A-10 have been around 8 weeks. I only request our customers to pay when the kits are ready to ship. Plus I try to always have a couple of kits in stock in Houston.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:46 AM
j.c.a.

Thanks for your response, wish I were in the maket for one of your kits

J.C.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start building a kit and 14 weeks will seem short......lol..... just messing with you
Old 01-04-2015, 01:13 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This is what I would do. Order the jet. While you wait, buy a nice top flite kit or similar and and put it together so you can practice sanding, cutting, glassing, finishing.....so you get better at it.

When you receive your jet, if your recently built kit is really good - sell it for a profit at your local club.
If the kit you built sucks, and looks like a flying banana, then you'll be grateful it only took 14 weeks to receive a nicely modeled ARF or jet kit.

You cant lose man!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

As far as i can tell, its not like these guys are mass producing these things. Most probably only have One set of tooling, maybe 2 or 3. Then you are still talking at most 3 every 2 weeks coming out of the molds. Put a back log of kits there and 8-14 becomes pretty easy to see why.
Unfortunately the custom world (which a lot of this really is) long lead times is pretty normal. When i was into hot rods, 8-12 week wait for custom suspension or engine components was short.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:07 AM
mackeyjones

The other problem with stocking kits is also that if any changes are made to their manufacturing process, or enhancements are made its a bit hard to incorporate them into something that has already been built.