Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flash in a new color scheme?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flash in a new color scheme?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Flash in a new color scheme?

I'm still confused, is it about my comment or my avatar? My comment held no hostility and my avatar was just a silly picture, like a dog with sunglasses, it has no hidden meaning...
Old 08-28-2011, 10:04 AM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many offensive gestures, such as middle finger, tongue out at you, honking your horn at some one. And they are offensive, because they are meant to be offensive. We understand gestures, like maverick in Top Gun, they communicate something.

The most wonderful people can get pretty aggressive behind the wheel of a car, assuming how well the glass is tinted to protect their identity. Such as road rage on the way to church, and the angry person pulls into the pastors parking place. Now everything is wonderful, and polite again.

The reason its rude to accuse of things that cannot be helped is that there is no intent or prejudice. Birth conditions, which plastic surgery can only partly remedy. Politics and religion which are imprinted on us at an early age, and become part of our identity. These items are usually understood, and not brought out for discussion, due to polite consideration. If we cannot change something courtesy is applied. When we choose to represent ourselves in a certain way, we assume our own responsibility for it. Spit into the wind, and anticipate consequences. It’s an aggressive move. When we intensionally insult people, we must assume they would expect the appropriate reaction. And take responsibility for how they intensionally express themselves. Im surprised friends need to come to his defense. He, I assume, knows what he is doing.

There is the broken horn, and the splinted middle finger, and a person with a bleeding wound in the back of a car being driven by a desperate father. We can understand these things eventually.

We can hide behind avatars and feel safe. But most of us need to add expressions for concern that something might be taken wrong. To place an angry or insulting gesture before or after something is written, if intended usually is taken correctly.

Maybe this is his best picture taken on his sixth birthday by his favorite person. There usually is an explanation for an unintended gesture of offense. Maybe a friend can pm me so as not to embarrass anyone further. Thank you.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe PM David Wilshire. He has the P80 one for sale on his website, it has only a handful of flights...

I have the UF in the Thunderbird scheme.. its very beautiful..

dave...

ORIGINAL: indubitably

I am contemplating my fourth Ultra Flash, and contacted my friendly CompArf rep. I was hoping to find a new color scheme to replace my present one. My first Flash was a conventional one in Blue Angels, My second was also conventional in red checkers. My present one is in the Ultra Flash in Schui scheme with the checkerboard bottom. Color swap the colors being Red, White, and Blue, but its 200USD above the regular, but it is soooo much more visible than the Red and Orange and black in overcast or haze. I had considered the same color again - Shui (red, white, blue, with red and blue checkered bottom for 200USD above regular colors)

I keep the flashes for 200 flights then sell them, and get a new one. My present one has 160 flights on it, and is going well. I would like to replace this one with a full Schui with the silhouette on the bottom, but its 350 USD over the regular color scheme. When you add the silouette. The same as would a full on custom pattern and a few colors.

I would like to see more color options than are available. I have a BVM BANDIT in Red Yellow and Blue, so would not want to replace in those colors. Very hard to see in haze or poor lighting which is common here in seasons. The red checker was the most popular color by far in the previous model, and yet there is nothing like it presently.
I tried pushing for more color options with my rep who told me there was NO CALL for such. I wont buy the green, and dont want to pay 350USd for the option of what i would really like, especially since a full on custom scheme would cost that, and CompArf already has the pattern for what i need except for the bottom silhoutte.

Maybe not such an important question for all the contented flyers out there. I dont have to replace my plane any time soon, and so probably wont.

Just how many would like to see one or two more std colors out there? And what would you like to see. This would go for Bandits as well. But BVM does have a great color standard selection of colors already.

I am doing this for my rep who challenged me to put this question to us flyers.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:57 PM
indubitably

Thanks Goose, not in a hurry.
Doesnt Dave live in England? If so shipping would be and issue. I was going to build, and start soon and have it ready some time later when ready to sell this UFlash. Rather than buy a used, was hoping to coax for a new color. Andy thought i was unlikely to touch a need on this matter, he said try the Forum, and so he is correct. Either all love this present offerings, or are custom on their own or paying up for what they want. I have liked their schemes (CArf) in the past, but i have expressed my self on the current ones already. Rather than buy used, i have used, and will keep it indeffinitely. I have two Bandits, and one UFlash, but only one engine for the three. Its a SX160. Plan on a P100RX and will fly the Bandits when the RX comes in, rather than put the 160 back into the Bandits. But my UFlash is in excellent shape, and will fly it to 200 flights, and if my 100 is in, then just sell it and not replace it.

What i like the best about the UFlash is the new spring landing gear. Just so incredibly reliable and durable. Todd used to tell me that i was buying more trunions for my previous Flash than the rest of the world put together. Im either getting better at landings, or the springs are better.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

just to get back on track again..my buddy and I ponied up the bucks to have something different than everyone else.... I'm kinda surprised that they don't offer it as an optional scheme, now that the hard work is done.... Personally, I wouldn't mind at all........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76299.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	1654577  
Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: indubitably

There are many offensive gestures, such as middle finger, tongue out at you, honking your horn at some one. And they are offensive, because they are meant to be offensive. We understand gestures, like maverick in Top Gun, they communicate something.

The most wonderful people can get pretty aggressive behind the wheel of a car, assuming how well the glass is tinted to protect their identity. Such as road rage on the way to church, and the angry person pulls into the pastors parking place. Now everything is wonderful, and polite again.

The reason its rude to accuse of things that cannot be helped is that there is no intent or prejudice. Birth conditions, which plastic surgery can only partly remedy. Politics and religion which are imprinted on us at an early age, and become part of our identity. These items are usually understood, and not brought out for discussion, due to polite consideration. If we cannot change something courtesy is applied. When we choose to represent ourselves in a certain way, we assume our own responsibility for it. Spit into the wind, and anticipate consequences. It’s an aggressive move. When we intensionally insult people, we must assume they would expect the appropriate reaction. And take responsibility for how they intensionally express themselves. Im surprised friends need to come to his defense. He, I assume, knows what he is doing.

There is the broken horn, and the splinted middle finger, and a person with a bleeding wound in the back of a car being driven by a desperate father. We can understand these things eventually.

We can hide behind avatars and feel safe. But most of us need to add expressions for concern that something might be taken wrong. To place an angry or insulting gesture before or after something is written, if intended usually is taken correctly.

Maybe this is his best picture taken on his sixth birthday by his favorite person. There usually is an explanation for an unintended gesture of offense. Maybe a friend can pm me so as not to embarrass anyone further. Thank you.

I'm not even really sure what you're trying to say to be honest, you totally lost me with the broken horn, splinted finger and bleeding part. Sorry you don't like my Avatar, I never took anyone sticking their tongue out me as offensive in my life, it's usually done in jest, there is an option on RCU to not see avatars though if they really bother you...... Years have gone by with that avatar, nobody has ever said anything in the past.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

My Classic Flash
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55845.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1654733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79959.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1654734  
Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: Mach1

My Classic Flash

That's probably the nicest flash I've seen. That scheme totally suits it.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
indubitably

Funny
I think we were both typing at the same time with the past responses.

Do i think sticking a tongue out at some one is offensive. Yes.

Did i take it personally? No

If your son was standing at the door sticking his tongue out at arriving guests, would you ask him to stop it?

When i saw your response to an entry i thought you were offensive to him, (and i saw him as a guest) and i read into what was written. Later i realized that the words themselves were not agressive.

I would not have reacted to something adressed to me personally, even if it was offensive.

I spent some time in England, and growing up it was a rude gesture that saw disciplinary actions.

I enjoy most avatars because they are creative, and say something of interest about the person.

I agree with you, that is one fine looking Flash. And would go for that or the Snow Birds.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 PM
indubitably

Started thinking of alternatives, and just became aware of The Tuono.
The video here is amazing, and the way it disassembles cannot be better.

http://www.altecare.com/tuono.htm

http://wn.com/Pirotti_Touno_Sports_Jet_build

http://www.rcjetinternational.com/issues/?i=4131

http://www.pirottimodels.com

http://shulmanaviation.com/cphoto.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNcX2h1QO6w

Tuono a very interesting candidate. Hadnt heard of it before, and have never seen one. anyone out there who can relate their experience in building and flying this plane? It may need painting, but then its new in many ways, not just paint scheme.