Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Air Fittings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Air Fittings

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Eaglepilot2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Fittings

Can anyone tell me what to use to transition from a regular size air line for retracts to the smaller size line used for brakes? I have a sequencing valve that only has the larger air nipples. The brake line won't fit the valve nipple. I need a fitting with the regular air line size on end, and the smaller brake size on the other. I have looked through the dreamworks website and all I can find is standard air line size fittings.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Air Fittings

Eaglepilot2, all you really need to do is to put a phillips screw drive in the end of the hose to stretch it alittle bit and very quickly put it onto the nipple and it will shrink back to size and be a very tight fit on there so it shouldn't leak at all.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

While you can use a fitting as you suggest, the brake airline will fit on the brake air fitting, I'm assuming you are using BVM brake line, if you are using anything smaller, then it won't fit, I use the BVM brake line and what I do is apply some silicone grease all over the fitting and then work the line on it, it will go in and slide all the way down and not come out...
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heat the tube slightly, spray it with kicker and it'll slide right on.