RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

SWB Behotec J66 Engine Electronics

Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
pasture flier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default SWB Behotec J66 Engine Electronics

I need some help from the Jet Community. I have what I believe to be an older than dirt (I guess) SWB J66 Air Start Engine. It came with theearly Orbit ECU, fuel pump and temperature probe, but NO Engine Data Terminal (EDT). I would like to test run it before considering an updated Auto start conversion, but I don't want to waste money on upgrades if it needs an overhaul orruns poorly.This engines history is completelyunknown, so I'm starting from ground zero. I sent an email to Alticare already requesting information and parts availability,but they haven't responded yet.

1. I need an EDT that will work with the old Orbit manual ECU to program it and set it up on my Jr radio, so I'm hoping someone has an used one or knows of a source for a new one that is compatible. 2. Also, a manual or instructions would be a great help for this early air start version.

I have searched the internet, but no luck because its so old. I also, contacted Mr.Jeff Holsinger (saw his name on the internet) who said hemight be able tohelp later, but hedidn't have a manual or EDT.

Another mystery is that it appears to have two "Y"ed kerosine lines that go to fittings on the face of the engine. One goes to a port scribed "F" and the other goes to a port scribed "L". The one going to "L" has some kind of small spool like device in line. It has copper wire or a capillary tube wrapped around it (see blue festolinein picture) I am wordering what it does and if it is some kind of restrictor going tothat port to lubethe bearings. If anyone knows its function, and whether it is essential, I would appreciate the information and help in understanding its function.

Attached are some pictures of this engine-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16644.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1656172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24873.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1656173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76908.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1656174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63918.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1656175  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:01 PM
lov2flyrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: SWB Behotec J66 Engine Electronics

Quote:
One goes to a port scribed "F" and the other goes to a port scribed "L".
FUEL and LUBE...... Lube line is restricted to limit flow to the bearings.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
jason

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think i'd be getting a gaspar Fadec ECU for it and forget about the old Orbit you have. It looks good condition and the J66 is a good unstressed motor so might worth investing to get it right.

Jason
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Eric D

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a couple of Orbit ECU's , hand held data units, switches and manuals. They also have the upgraded chips. (130,000 rpm max.) All work good. $100 PP.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
pasture flier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am still looking for a manual or instructions for the early air start SWB/Behotec 66 so I don't make big mistakes that could damage an other wise good engine. please contact me if you can help.

Thanks for the response for electronic components, It looks like Eric can help me with that.

Search this Thread