Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

So what would you do in this situation?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Walk away and forget about it
35.79%
Insist that restitution be made
57.54%
File a law suite
6.67%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

So what would you do in this situation?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default So what would you do in this situation?????

Another Modeler runs into your plane and then tries to walk away like nothing happened!

EDIT: Moved from the other thread to keep in one location

ORIGINAL: John

.... By the way, how is your model after the dunce at DOGS ran into you? Guy was a total jack off!

ORIGINAL: Gary

John, unfortunately it is going to take me a couple of days of paint work to fix what he did. When you run a 12'' prop down the side of a jet it does some damage. I haven't had any time to fix it yet, but I will soon. The paint was brand new on the Scorpion, only about 10 flights when it happened. I didn't know you needed a 200' wide runway to land a 60 size P-51 Mustang, but I guess some people do. Oh well...

Gary
I guess this is a good time to post those photos I told you I had of the accident scene... did the "Gentleman" (Using that term loosely) in the straw hat ever make restitution for the damages?

Here is the back ground story, I just happened to be sitting behind my model when the incident occurred, and I just happened to have camera in hand

Just to show people how far off course this "Gentleman" was, look at the position of the flight stations in the first photo, Gary's ship was close in position to the F4 shown.

After the guy ran into Gary's ship he came over to retrieve his model he was going to walk away until a bunch of us started to yell at him, that is when one of Gary's associates went to look for him.

This guy actually started to yell at us and say that our jets shouldn't be parked there!

It didn't matter that we were at least 30 feet behind the "Do Not Cross Line".

He maintained that he was in control of his ship....really? If he was in control he would have put it on its nose before inflicting damage to other peoples property, he would only have had a broken prop!

Instead he let his meat slicer take it toll on Gary' model

I made the comment that he will need to pay for the damage, he said that his ship was damaged so he didn't see any reason to pay for the damage to the jet.... WHAT!

So let me go into the parking lot and run into your car Mr. Straw hat, gee wiz I have damage to my car and your car but I guess the damage to my car makes it OK so I don't have to pay for yours. Yea right, see you in court

Taking suggestions for the opinion poll
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65380.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1662788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30586.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1662789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21076.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1662790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94440.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1662791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67315.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1662792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83061.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1662793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79258.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1662794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dp83846.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1662795  

Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default RE: So what would you do in this situation?????

Size 11 right through the canopy!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
RCISFUN

Tom, added!

For the guys who voted for #1, here is a bonus for you, it is a decal you can place on the side of your model
Actually this would be a prevented measure as I'm am most certain the guy in this situation couldn't hit the broad side of a barn let alone a target!

Name:	Ig13395.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1662800  
Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think as soon as we unload our planes and park them in an open unprotected area we are taking the chance that damage can occur form a runaway being a prop plane or jet or human contact,I would also guess that it was an accident and although it would be nice if the guy would of voluntered to restitutuion ,it was stated that the planes should not heve been parked there if this is the case then there is some blame to go around, demanding restution would be worhtless you either feel the blame and pay or stick to your way of thinking on the situation,putting a boot through a canopy on purpose or beating the $#!+ out of someone for an accident would that make one feel better if so i don't want to fly with that group of guys but i bet that might get a law suit filed,,i have had some paint knocked off a plane and in the end the bigger man just walks away fixes his plane and keeps them better secured from the pilots lacking full control ,,just my thoughts on the poll
Old 09-15-2011, 04:12 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck, put some cardboard wings onto your lawnmower, and go for a test flight when he's got his plane there....

If he says anything, respond: "Oh Gee, my cardboard wing got damaged! Guess we both got some damage, so I don't see a need for restitution."

Take him to small claims.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

you think the guy is good enough to hit the little target decale (he did claim to have control of his plane though)might as well just paint the plane like a bulls eye
Old 09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

If he treated it like an accident, then i would say let by-gones be by-gones and treat it as such. But since the guy acted like a total D#*& about the situation and tried to pull a hit-n-run on the model. He should be responsible for the damages. And just b/c the guy said "you shouldn't be parked there" doesn't mean that is the truth. If the guys parked their hadn't been told that they couldn't be their, their is no problem with them being their. And lets not forget the guy was basically flying behind the flight line..
Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
03fomoco

Your poll is a bit off, you do need an option for some form of mediation. If you said physically beat the guy you are way off... It's a hobby. There is a certain amount of liability and assumed risk in this hobby and the attitudes and approach by both parties after something like this is everything. I know there are models at my field I can not afford and I also know some gentlemen who could never assume the cost of damaging one of my jets. Both of these scenarios would require some form of compromise and flat out honesty. Sounds like this guy either didn't like jets, or was in oh $h*& mode I can't afford this, quick panic and leave. Sad. I am assuming the club has some form of "pilot levels" but I am sure like yours no one ever wants to engage the guys who should not be flying solo. Everyone will B&^ch but few will actually take action.

The one part that sticks out is that he said "he had control of his plane" then that alone makes it malicious and intentional!!! Pretty sure his mouth got ahead of his brain or just again "oh crap mode".

We recently had an incident where a guy crashed a nice scale Texan by his own fault (tip stalled and nose planted hard) on the last 200 feet of a 660 foot runway and off to the far side. Another guy lands right into it and has a fit. It really defies logic where the second jackass was coming from??? The first guy yelled "crashed, on the runway." Most guys could land and hold short on the first 200 feet if needed and lastly our field is 16 acres of dragged desert where if you had to you could take the dirt in any prop job with little chance of damage. We have a lot of guys that can't even make the runway and always end up in the the dirt and the standing joke is "you paid your dues you can use the runway". There are many days where the helis and jets stay in trailers and trucks and we sit under the metal awning until "certain" individuals are done...

Old 09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: dsr71
...it was stated that the planes should not have been parked there if this is the case then there is some blame to go around,
Just to clarify, the guy who hit the jet made that statement, it was not a statement of fact, as we were indeed allowed to have our jets parked there as it was 30 feet behind the do not cross line.

Your statements would normally be a fair assessment of the situation for most situations involving true gentlemen, except that the "Gentleman" in this situation was just going to walk away before the owner of the jet was notified of the accident, this is what ticked me off!

If the guy was a true gentleman and made a sincere offer for restitution I'm sure that the guy owning the jet would have walked away as you suggested, after all stuff happens.
However the guy was anything but a gentleman, he insisted he was in full control of his aircraft after one observer suggested he might not have been and then started off by making some nasty comments and name calling to the guys who witnessed the event, additionally he had no regard for anyone else's property and he was arrogant about the whole situation.[&o]

Some of the poll items are just for fun

I agree I don't want to fly with the guys with short tempers and big fists
Old 09-15-2011, 05:03 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: invertmast

If he treated it like an accident, then i would say let by-gones be by-gones and treat it as such. But since the guy acted like a total D#*& about the situation and tried to pull a hit-n-run on the model. He should be responsible for the damages. And just b/c the guy said ''you shouldn't be parked there'' doesn't mean that is the truth. If the guys parked their hadn't been told that they couldn't be their, their is no problem with them being their. And lets not forget the guy was basically flying behind the flight line..

+1!

What a douche. Who was this guy?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
RCISFUN

Andy..I call him Mr. Straw hat

Name:	Tr49863.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1662880  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
TCHIEF
My Feedback: (15)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

too bad not to many of us dont fly 72 mgh you could take off the antenna and ***** whip him with it
Old 09-15-2011, 05:46 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

I don't think I could have left there without getting even. Perhaps some thick CA accidentally drizzled into the hinge gaps of his Mustang would have made me feel better.

Marty
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: afterburner

I don't think I could have left there without getting even. Perhaps some thick CA accidentally drizzled into the hinge gaps of his Mustang would have made me feel better.

Marty
Too bad Lucky Pierre wasn't there, he would have known what to do

Name:	Nl28544.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	1662894  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:56 PM
AndyAndrews

Marty
lol settle down Marty..hehe.. Maybe point the business end of the jet in the direction of his parked P-51 and make a little run up.... oops!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Marty
lol settle down Marty..hehe.. Maybe point the business end of the jet in the direction of his parked P-51 and make a little run up.... oops!
Or maybe I could have shown him some of those cell phone videos I watched at Kentucky and he would have just handed me his wallet.

Marty
Old 09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

What were the field rules, There should not have been anyone taxiing behind the flight line if I saw that right.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: ddlstang

What were the field rules, There should not have been anyone taxiing behind the flight line if I saw that right.
Dale, he wasn't taxiing, he was having what he called a controlled landing[:@] behind the do not cross line I might add!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:11 PM
RCISFUN

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Marty

Andy, I think the tires on your pickem-up-truck might do a bit of damage also
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Look at the size of that runway, of course he didnt have control of the aircraft[X(]
Someone in control would have landed in the runway, not on top of an expensive jet he could not afford.
Excuses and offering restitution is the least he should have done
Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 PM
RCISFUN

I know Boli would have been able to persuade this guy to pay up, he has the ultimate persuader
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

When it became painfully obvious that the douche bag was not going to make good on the damage he caused...I would just simply walk away...walk away.

Of course, while leaving...my bad ankle/foot would cause me to trip and fall. Sadly, his Mustang would be directly inline with my "descent path" and lucky for me it would cushion my fall. Hey...accidents happen...right?

Needless to say, Mr. P-51B would have a rather large pile of toothpicks, but at least I would be OK.

Beave

Old 09-15-2011, 06:41 PM
RCISFUN

B
I knew you would have the answer

I added that to the poll
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kick his ***** till his nose bleeds !!!!!.... The whole problem is that people won't fess up that they made a mistake. If he would have done that, I probably would have said, s&^% happens... But when someone denies or try's to hide something, thats when I loose my niceness !!! There is no excuse for his response... He needs to man-up and deal with the problem !!!

Danno
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Look at the size of that runway, of course he didnt have control of the aircraft[X(]
Someone in control would have landed in the runway, not on top of an expensive jet he could not afford.
Excuses and offering restitution is the least he should have done
That runway is 150 feet wide. Seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.