Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

ORIGINAL: bevar

Seriously...has there ever been a post by anyone who ''just built'' an FEJ airplane and it flew reliably without major and massive re-engineering and modifications?

I am quite confident that the answer is ''no''.

Beave

No mods to my FEJ large Viper and not very many flights. I do plan to get as many flights as possible in the next month, will let you know how well it does. Hell I wish I had made a bunch of mods to my Feibao 1/6 scale F-5e that blew apart at Kentucky Jets on its first flight of the day. That plane only had a total of two flights on it.[8D]
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Damo260

ORIGINAL: rcpete347

ORIGINAL: gontflyer

I've got the 1:6.25 FEJ A10 - just cant wait to put it together now [&:]

I've got a bit of a ''hybrid'' version with the standard layup fuselage and honeycomb wings and stabs. On the face of it, it looks OK structurally and the honeycomb wings are of an acceptable weight. From what I remember weighing the parts I calculated a dry weight once finished of about 22kg (50lbs) with 2 Jetcat 120's.

I'm so depressed after reading this tho I might want to sell it - any offers ?

Damo, every thing is for sale.
Rcpete
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Damo260

ORIGINAL: gontflyer

I've got the 1:6.25 FEJ A10 - just cant wait to put it together now [&:]

I've got a bit of a ''hybrid'' version with the standard layup fuselage and honeycomb wings and stabs. On the face of it, it looks OK structurally and the honeycomb wings are of an acceptable weight. From what I remember weighing the parts I calculated a dry weight once finished of about 22kg (50lbs) with 2 Jetcat 120's.

I'm so depressed after reading this tho I might want to sell it - any offers ?

Damo, every thing is for sale.
Rcpete
Maybe in your WORLD Rcpete you have one bad experiece and you bag the manufacturer what go with that????????????????????

Damo
Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Damo260

ORIGINAL: lookilook

i have just uploaded this video of my FEJ F16 1/6 HONEYCOMB MADE on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0CEqfimd8 i received it on saturday and just asseble it to see if everything is ok and i must say i am very satisfied with the result especially paint which was the first one they did with the ''sonic boom'' color scheme after my request.
That looks awesome nice colour scheme...

Damo
Old 09-27-2011, 01:55 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI Damo, where have you been, their are least 6 guys , unhappy with their FEJ"S A-10 Hanger Queen beauties. Most have 10 grand in them, most have crashed, most have been bought off, and most, are still waiting for compensation.
Everyone should have 10 grand Hanger Queen.
Rcpete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93301.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1667121  
Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

No mods to my FEJ large Viper and not very many flights. I do plan to get as many flights as possible in the next month, will let you know how well it does. Hell I wish I had made a bunch of mods to my Feibao 1/6 scale F-5e that blew apart at Kentucky Jets on its first flight of the day. That plane only had a total of two flights on it.[8D]
Didn't Mike Lin help you out with the F-5?

Bob
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: Damo260

All these kit have problems I had Skymaster X-Treme ARTF Dragon I had modifier the wings the fin and the tailplane to get full throws... And modified the wings to fit to the fuse and tailplane but here is thread have read of it…[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9934607/anchors_9934607/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9934607]Dragon wing failure.[/link]

Damo
Not true. That model may have had issues, not Skymaster's entire product line.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Damo260

HI Damo, where have you been, their are least 6 guys , unhappy with their FEJ''S A-10 Hanger Queen beauties. Most have 10 grand in them, most have crashed, most have been bought off, and most, are still waiting for compensation.
Everyone should have 10 grand Hanger Queen.
Rcpete
I been reading your BULL[:@] How come my mates and Aussie Bart FEJ A-10 Flies[:-] [:-]

Damo
Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Damo260

ORIGINAL: dubd

All these kit have problems I had Skymaster X-Treme ARTF Dragon I had modifier the wings the fin and the tailplane to get full throws... And modified the wings to fit to the fuse and tailplane but here is thread have read of it…[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9934607/anchors_9934607/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9934607]Dragon wing failure.[/link]

Damo
BUT X-TREME JETS STILL OWNED MY SKYMASTER

Damo
Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
rcpete347

Damo, Why don't you ask Assie Bart, why he pulled the video of his A-10 crashing.
Rcpete
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Damo260

Damo, Why don't you ask Assie Bart, why he pulled the video of his A-10 crashing.
Rcpete
What I recall of the video it did crash if you think that was crash I think you need to get yours eyes checked......

Damo
Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
paulaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rcpete
What I recall of the video it did crash if you think that was crash I think you need to get yours eyes checked......

Damo
apart from the fact this thread is heading WAY off topic, how can you excuse the poor build quality on this J-10...

posters in the thread are right, this is completely inexcusable, and to be honest, i would have sent it back, depending on how it was paid for I would be citing faulty goods and putting in a claim.

Ian, sorry to hear bout your little baby, you were really looking forward to a good jet, it sucks that people out there think this kind of build is even acceptable at an entry level let alone the price that was paid for this...

Damo, if you were slightly unbiased about FEJ, you may look a little closer rather than flame those who have had issues, and there are alot of issues... I have seen the FEJ A-10, ive seen one fly, Im aware of the massive issues that occured before it even got into the air, and Im also aware of the failure on landing....

Jets are built to the highest of quality, they are intricate, expensive and dangerous. Faulty, below average products are not good for the industry or the hobby. At the end of the day, it does come down to the consumer purchasing the goods and supporting the manufacturers, but that is the reason this kind of information needs to be posted, to better inform people before making a purchase.

anyway, back on subject.. the J-10....

flying this weekend? ;-)
Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
bainy77

Update:

I have just heard from James. He advised my parts to continue the build will be leaving the factory on saturday.
He also advised "your model is honeycomb with a lot of extra carbon fiber reinforcement on it. It might look not really clear inside, I will report it to company, but it is very strong with that carbon fiber reinforcement. There is no thing wrong with construction issue."

I also asked in regards to a full refund or part refund (compensation for the fact the the J10 has damage and to compensate all my time and effort over the last few months) and James advised I will be now handed back to Johhny in China as he is back.

Maybe this whole situation is acceptable to them?

Ill keep you informed.

P.S. Guys I agree with paulaus, lets keep this thread on topic. My purpose for bringing this up was to relay my experience with my J10 purchase from FEJ. If I had this info on the J10 (Particulary the interioir pics) before my purchase I might of chosen my manufacturer differently.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
rcpete347

Paulaus, could not have said it better

HI guys, for those that did not see the video that Aussie Bart pulled, it would have shown the A-10, doing , what looked like a 100 mph, trying to get airborne, when finally , the left gear lets loose, it spins around, drops to the ground ,gearless on one side.

And damo, yes, I am kinda pissed, I have a 13thou hanger queen.
Rcpete

Name:	Ay74566.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1667163  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 PM
dubd

ORIGINAL: dubd

Damo
BUT X-TREME JETS STILL OWNED MY SKYMASTER

Damo
Like I said, one model. Take a look at feedback on their F-18, F-16, Rafale, Gripen, etc... all have very happy owners with hundred of flights. I'm not anti-FEJ, I'm just pro quality and purchase planes that can last over hundreds of flights.

Anyways, back on topic. I would return the J-10 and ask for one that doesn't look hacked together.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi damo..
Has shane got his back together now I must ring him and see!!! I have the fej gen1 A10 and if this is the right elevator trim for an arf to fly level then f$%k me!!! Also like shanes A10 the wheel ripped out from no glue!! But If I remember right from shane first flight the wheels poked up through the top wing skins after a landing that could of been better but not the worst in the world!! And too top it off I think I still have his photos and take off movie that failed that he sent me... Ill ask him If I can post them!! but back too bainys J10 I have gone over too help him out with this many times And I have seen the email they have sent asking him if he has ever built an airframe before... it was so bad that the motor did not fit into the engine bay unless you remove the engine mounts hold ya tingue sideways fart 2 times and push it it then refit the engine mount you will be stuffed if you wanted a bigger engine than the kingtech170..

Name:	Sq47232.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1667172   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45825.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1667173  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yes pauly...
Flying this weekend!!! one 270km/h foamy is ready come on down and the mig21 might be doing its first flight.. the A10 is nearly ready again just got too give the engine another 15deg up thrust and a spare motor on the tail bahahahaaaa maybe we should add the video of its landing and showing the wheel poping out and the take off run that will sell heap more fej A10s
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: bevar

Seriously...has there ever been a post by anyone who ''just built'' an FEJ airplane and it flew reliably without major and massive re-engineering and modifications?

I am quite confident that the answer is ''no''.

Beave

Boli,
I have assembled 11 airframes right out of the box and all were fine! The F-18 Pedro flew the snot out of all weekend at SJS was one of the first 10 FEJ 1/7 scale F-18F airframes that was manufactured 4 years ago!!! Shani has my old 1/5.5 F-16 that is now 3 years old with close to 100 flights on it and it was one of the first 10 they manufactured too. I did loose my FEJ Hawk at Ky in 2010 after 24 flights due to a Rx failure...I did get a new 1222 out of Horizon though which made it all better!!!

I have 2 new airframes sitting in my shop, one is built and I am just starting to assemble a new I received Monday. I do not own these but the construction and assembly process has been fantastic, very clean and very strong. All parts were received and fit perfect, everything I have ever received from FEJ has been spot on and sharp!

So, I am a "Yes" x 11

Old 09-28-2011, 05:19 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Rex,

How was the landing gear and other accessories? I know many are having to use Matrix gear ETC so they could have operating landing gear.. Pedro's F-18 was simply awesome too BTW! That P-200 really made it turn and burn...and he flew it with authority...what a great stick he is.

That being said..there is no excuse for the quality of the J-10...do you agree?

B

Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 AM
David Jackson

Hey Bob,

Without Mike's help, my little experience would have been a total loss. So I give a very BIG THANK YOU to Mike Lin and Global Jets. Fei Bao is replacing the airframe. Too bad the turbine was damaged and most of the electronics.

dave
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Beav...gears were all pretty good (better than Behotec...IMO). Only issues were the springs at first but that has improved. There were some suggestions from Olnico on a stronger trunion for the retracts which was very good thinking but FEJ pulled their gear manufacturing in house and the metals were better quality after that. Still wish they would just order their Alum from McMaster Carr but so be it!

I actually worked with John at Matrix on the 1/5.5 F-16 prototype gear because I wanted it to be fully scale and not have the down locks (personal preference). The Matrix gear is in the 16 I sold to Shani...killer gear man! John does great work! John got to match the bolt pattern and as a pure drop in setup on that airframe.

Why a wing did not get shipped with the airframe or servo covers not painted or don't match...clueless! Never had that kind of issue personally but know it would be frustrating for sure.

Oh and yes, pedro is a very good stick! He loves that plane too...this weekend got him fired back up again on jets. He's joined the "Top Gun Tour" and was afraid we were going to loose him...but he's baaaack!

Rex
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Rex,

Nothing is better than Behotec! Well, maybe because I have them in two of my own planes is making me think that...LOL!

Yeah...I remember asking Pedro what kit he was flying, and when he said FEJ...I just stared at him and said "It's a what?"...LOL!

Glad to hear he's back...just keep reminding him that props are for boats (Oh...wait a minute!)

See you soon,

Beave

Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

Hey Bob,

Without Mike's help, my little experience would have been a total loss. So I give a very BIG THANK YOU to Mike Lin and Global Jets. Fei Bao is replacing the airframe. Too bad the turbine was damaged and most of the electronics.

dave
Dave,

I thought that yours was the one Mike helped out on - good on him. The bottom line for me is that after some previous experiences, I will only do a Chinese ARF through either GJC (great experience with them - I love my F4D EDF) or BVM (first Xtreme Jets F-4 on the way - soon I hope).

Bob
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

I would be embarrarssed to take the hatches off at the field with that build quality. [:'(]
For those that flew RC before the huge ARF revolution, this plane reminds me of "that guy's" plane at the local field. Every club had a "that guy". You know the one that showed up with a kit built plane with the monokote ironed down wrinkles and all. Formers were crooked in the fuse, tail twisted to the wing, gobs of epoxy because it was "stronger that way". Oh yeah, can't forget the extremely over "kicked" CA that foamed up in all of the corner joints in the fuse. RX strapped to the wood, battery taped to the fuel tank, prop touching the spinner cutout, etc etc
Old 09-28-2011, 10:17 AM
David Jackson

Damn, that's a perfect description of the plane I'm currently flying. It a shame to say, but most of my stuff should be viewed from 20' or more. LOL [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.