Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Jeff,

You do not know me well enough to douche bag on my jets like that!!!

LOL!

Beave

ORIGINAL: JeffH

I would be embarrarssed to take the hatches off at the field with that build quality. [:'(]
For those that flew RC before the huge ARF revolution, this plane reminds me of ''that guy's'' plane at the local field. Every club had a ''that guy''. You know the one that showed up with a kit built plane with the monokote ironed down wrinkles and all. Formers were crooked in the fuse, tail twisted to the wing, gobs of epoxy because it was ''stronger that way''. Oh yeah, can't forget the extremely over ''kicked'' CA that foamed up in all of the corner joints in the fuse. RX strapped to the wood, battery taped to the fuel tank, prop touching the spinner cutout, etc etc
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JeffH

I would be embarrarssed to take the hatches off at the field with that build quality. [:'(]
For those that flew RC before the huge ARF revolution, this plane reminds me of ''that guy's'' plane at the local field. Every club had a ''that guy''. You know the one that showed up with a kit built plane with the monokote ironed down wrinkles and all. Formers were crooked in the fuse, tail twisted to the wing, gobs of epoxy because it was ''stronger that way''. Oh yeah, can't forget the extremely over ''kicked'' CA that foamed up in all of the corner joints in the fuse. RX strapped to the wood, battery taped to the fuel tank, prop touching the spinner cutout, etc etc

usually the ones that look the worst, fly the best............
Old 09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

HI Ian
I heard that you had got your J10 but sorry to hear that you got a lemon you would think that they would just ask you to send it back and they give you a complete new one that has had the QC done before it is shipped. We had a great Jet Meet down at KAM'S a couple of weeks ago I have my K140 in the Reaction X now and it goes like Sh##$t of a shovel you guys will have to come down for the day.
Cheers
Mav
Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
bainy77

Update 2:

It appears FEJ have gone quiet on the issue. As requested by James (FEJ US) I have emailed Johhny (FEJ China) to discuss either a full refund or partial refund (compensation) due to the damage, wasted time etc. (emailed approx 30hrs ago)
I am yet to hear back. I have sent a second email and will provide an update in 48hrs.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 AM
molo_30

ORIGINAL: bainy77

Update 2:

It appears FEJ have gone quiet on the issue. As requested by James (FEJ US) I have emailed Johhny (FEJ China) to discuss either a full refund or partial refund (compensation) due to the damage, wasted time etc. (emailed approx 30hrs ago)
I am yet to hear back. I have sent a second email and will provide an update in 48hrs.
Good luck getting a response Bainy. I was a dealer of theirs for 3 years and I copped the same as you for trying to bend over for my customers.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
bainy77

Update 3:

I have had a response back from FEJ China (Johhny).

I have been advised the replacement parts will be sent this weekend or early next week. (this will be the 4th set of replacement parts I have been waiting for)
I also recieved the following in regards to a refund.
"I can’t return money unless you get model shipped back no issue into china."

It appears I will be well out of pocket if I send this J10 back for a refund. There was no mention of a part refund considering I received a damaged, poorly assembled incomplete airframe. (and not to mention all the time I have wasted dealing with these people)

This will be the last time I ever buy a FEJ airframe and the way FEJ have handled my case has casued considerable damage to their reputation in the circle of Jet flyers I'm involved with in Australia.

FEJ fanbois would surely have a hard time recommending FEJ if they have followed and understood my experience so far...

I hope creating this thread has been of help to people considering their next purchase.

Feel free to chime in with your opinions as Im still in disbelief over this unfortunate issue.

I guess ill now sit down and evaluate all options to what I do next....
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM
paulaus

Update 3:

I have had a response back from FEJ China (Johhny).

I have been advised the replacement parts will be sent this weekend or early next week. (this will be the 4th set of replacement parts I have been waiting for)
I also recieved the following in regards to a refund.
''I can’t return money unless you get model shipped back no issue into china.''

It appears I will be well out of pocket if I send this J10 back for a refund. There was no mention of a part refund considering I received a damaged, poorly assembled incomplete airframe. (and not to mention all the time I have wasted dealing with these people)

This will be the last time I ever buy a FEJ airframe and the way FEJ have handled my case has casued considerable damage to their reputation in the circle of Jet flyers I'm involved with in Australia.

FEJ fanbois would surely have a hard time recommending FEJ if they have followed and understood my experience so far...

I hope creating this thread has been of help to people considering their next purchase.

Feel free to chime in with your opinions as Im still in disbelief over this unfortunate issue.

I guess ill now sit down and evaluate all options to what I do next....
depending on how you paid, I would claim either faulty goods or fraud. Fraud because the item you received was not the item you paid for, you paid for a new airframe, they sent you a pile of snot.

sorry, my correctness seems to have flown out the door today :-)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mate I feel **** cause I recommended them too ya after I got my A10!!!! So now we are both in the s$%t.... I too wont ever get a fej kit ever again and now im worried about that hawk!!! thats been in painting for 3 months and still waitng for paint... and too think fb jets gave you a whole new airframe for the f5 when there was a major issue with it and appolgised and made my mig21 right the first time...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
bainy77

not your fault mate. I should of waited for the A10 maiden before ordering the J10. Your not wrong about FBJETS. I have a few of their models and if there are any issues they were very quick to resolve and added an appology for the inconvenice.

FEJ on the other hand point the finger asking if your an experienced builder. (And still have not appologised for the inconvenience to this day)
I turn the tables around, are FEJ an experienced builder? After sending many pics of my J10 they still couldnt understand that I had the new honeycombe version and insisted on sending pics and work instructions for their old fibreglass J10.....

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think its funny how they use that honeycombe stuff for load carry devises like spars landing gear block attachments... I have been told about a fej 1/5 f16 folding its wings in its second flight of the day doing a turn after takeoff. The guy is going too load it up too youtube!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 AM
bainy77

Update: Flyeagle have sent me the replacement parts, I have spent many weeks putting the J10 together and was hoping to maiden it tomorrow.
Upon visiting the Flyeaglejet website it appears for some reason the Control Throw and CG info has been removed and it mentions that Flyeagle need to be emailed to get this info.

The weird thing is this info was on the site only a few days ago. Every plane except the J10 Variant has the control throw and CG info listed.

I would really like to understand why this info has been removed from the website so recently only for the J10?

Flyeaglejet if your listening please put this info back on your website as you have for all the other models as this has now delayed my Maiden flight as you are yet to also respond to my email requesting this info.....

Old 10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
RonTins

Update: Flyeagle have sent me the replacement parts, I have spent many weeks putting the J10 together and was hoping to maiden it tomorrow.
Upon visiting the Flyeaglejet website it appears for some reason the Control Throw and CG info has been removed and it mentions that Flyeagle need to be emailed to get this info.

The weird thing is this info was on the site only a few days ago. Every plane except the J10 Variant has the control throw and CG info listed.

I would really like to understand why this info has been removed from the website so recently only for the J10?

Flyeaglejet if your listening please put this info back on your website as you have for all the other models as this has now delayed my Maiden flight as you are yet to also respond to my email requesting this info.....

WOW![X(]
I was actually thinking about purchasing the 1/5.5 F-16 with all options. I think I'll have to think a little bit more...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:48 PM
bainy77

Update:
Flyeaglejet have supplied me the throws and CG info but for some reason have not relisted on their website.
The maiden should happen soon I'll update once it happens.
Fingers and everything else crossed... I'm optomistic and cantwait to see this bird fly...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:59 PM
F4 d best

I wish you good luck for your maiden flight.

I am still wiating for mine to arrive.

Mario
Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

I also wish you good luck and in my opinion FEJ should be very ashamed by the poor quality of the jet they sent you. After visiting Jet Power I was thinking about this J10 but will not go anywhere near it now

Dennis
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM
RonTins

A while back, as I was searching for air-filled wheels to use with my Cessna Skylane, I contacted the Fyl-Eagle rep on the East coast to ask if I could return a set of wheels I purchased, if it did not fit my Skylane. His reply was "When you receive the wheels, check if anything defected in 7 days, we can exchange new. After that or used, it can’t exchange.". My follow up question to him was if it did not fit and I wanted a refund, without any signs of it being used, his reply was, in quotes again, "Maybe, you should find some other wheels in US or other place that can let you refund.". What I gleaned from his response was that Fyl Eagle Jets does not offer refunds. Once purchased, you are stuck with it. Needless to say I took my money else where.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:42 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Fifi:

You asked me to help you and flnd the right size wheels you want. It is not our model, I can not promise you to fit perfectly. If you think it might not fit, why you won't buy wheels from original company that you got your model from. That would fit perfectly.

PS: the wheels size you want, we do not carry, but i only help you to find the wheels.

Thanks
James
Old 11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
RonTins

James. I know since you did not know what model I was going to use the wheels on, it would not be certain that it would fit. Given that I had not seen any of the Fly Eagle Jet wheels up close before, I was not sure they would fit, that is why I asked that if I purchased the wheels without making any modifications, and determined that they would not fit within 7 days, could I return them for a refund. I personally think you could have found a better response James, but for you to steer my else where, I felt you did not really want my business. Great customer service really helps a great deal in this line of hobby.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 AM
bainy77

Maiden Flight Update:

Well the time had come to maiden the J10 and it appears the airframe has held up very well so far.
I chose a very gusty windy day for the maiden flight but here is a vid of the very first landing with a extremely touchy control setup due to excessive initial throws ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chOIbl1taQ ).

The factory CofG and throw info was a little out, made the J10 extremely touchy to fly but was safe enough for the first flight. Since the maiden I have now had 9x flights on this bird and have now trimmed her out to fly very well. Its a very satisfying aircraft to fly and has a very large flight envelope. I have pushed the airframe to make sure its strong enough and it seems to have passed with flying colours.

Ill get some more video from takeoff to landing over the next week and post for everyone to see. After all the issues ive been though from the beginning Id safely say now that Ive flown the J10 I can nearly forget it all.
I cant say it enough, this plane is very satisfying to fly and is my favourite Jet of the moment. The agility of this plane is nothing more than amazing.

The only critisim I do have its that it came in a little heavier than I would expect out of a 3D Capable turbine jet but saying that Im sure the 3D flying characteristics will impress....

Stay tuned for some better video shortly, to say Im relieved all went well is an understatement.....

Old 11-15-2011, 05:51 AM
KC36330

Congratulations Bainy!!!

had to do a double take on your location because last time i flew out of Whiteman they had much longer runways.........but Missouri is a good piece away from Australia.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM
F4 d best

Hi Bainy77,

Congrats on your maiden flight and for the rest of your flights.

You seem to enjoy your model now that it is flying up to your expectations and more.

Last week I received my J-10 and I am still planning where to start the building. The picture was taken by FEJ before shipping.

I look forward to your full flight video please.

regards
Mario
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62970.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1687041  
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your maiden flight and will look forward to more flight videos.
[8D]
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

HI Mate
Glad it all went well with the maiden the weather has been sh$$t lately hasn't it, I supose summer will be a real stinker.
Regards
Mav
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I like all the BVM are the best posts......

Some of us don't like a massive mark up because of a name....

Like I said.....There have been a bunch of BVM horror stories too, but they seem to disappear in a hurry.

I'll buy others over BVM any day....I agree I like scale more......but I'm not paying $300.00 plus on top of what it costs for a sticker.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Desertlakesflying

I like all the BVM are the best posts......

Some of us don't like a massive mark up because of a name....

Like I said.....There have been a bunch of BVM horror stories too, but they seem to disappear in a hurry.

I'll buy others over BVM any day....I agree I like scale more......but I'm not paying $300.00 plus on top of what it costs for a sticker.

you go around bashing BVM every opportunity you get, you've never owned one and all your posts about them just show your ignorance on the subject.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.