Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 04:42 AM
bainy77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

The purpose of this thread is to share my experience buying my first ever Flyeaglejet turbine ARF J10 Airframe.
I consider my self a reasonably experienced turbine pilot, having built many different manufacturers models from FBJETS to Skymaster so building a turbine model is not foreign..

I waited 2.5 months my $3500usd Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version to arrive. Once it did arrive I opened the box and unpacked it with the enthusiasm of a kid in a candy store. It was shiny and the paintjob looked awesome. A nice looking plane from a distance. Unfortunately my positive natural high experience was short lived as I started to examine the J10.

The J10 had shipping damage. The underneath had a crack in the moulding on the main fuselage. The delivery box had no damage externally and the area of damage on the J10 had some light foam to protect it. While not happy I continued to check it over. After many attempts going through the packaging I realised a major part was missing. One of the main wings had not been sent. I immediatley notified Flyeaglejet of the 2x issues and I was advised my other wing was on its way (which I recieved 4 days later) and they sent me a new piece to replace the broken part. Unfortunately its nearly impossible to replace this part without damaging the main fuse, bogging and sanding then repainting. Im not sure what Flyeaglejet wanted me to do with my Brand New Jet but the option of replacement of the whole airframe was not considered. I was stuck with my brand new damaged airframe.

Upon starting to build I noticed all the bags for parts were incorrectly labelled and some parts did not seem to macth up to the airframe. I visited Flyeaglejets website to get some more info and maybe some pics but nothing on their website except old pictures of old airframes existed. I contacted them and was advised new pics would go up in the next few weeks. This was 2 months ago. Until this day no pics of the new honeycombe version J10 are shown under their instruction manual section.

Long Story short I have had a lot of issues with the build quality and the parts supplied to finish this model. List Below.

1, Damage to the model upon delivery
2. Missing Main Wing upon delivery
3. Wrong rudder servo parts supplied (after 10 emails back and forth they finally realised the model I had was the new honey combe version not their old model even though i supplied many pics). Flyeagle sent correct parts.
4. Wrong Servo Box parts supplied for main wing. After roughly 8-10 emails they finally realised the parts supplied were for wrong model.
5. New servo Box parts supplied were badly manufactured. I had to mix the old and new parts to make boxes which still didnt fit the wing properly. I sent pics of the fitment and Flyeaglejet said it will be ok. The aileron box was too big and could not bond with lower and upper wing skin.
6. No holes are drilled in firewall in near inaccessible areas for servo mount fitment. (Namely near fron canard area). This issue is still not resolved and im considering my options.
7. Canard rods are too short and where they join in the centre of airframe the specially made aluminium mount cannot grasp the rods firmly. (Email sent with pics regarding this with no reply)
8. Steering parts supplied are for wrong model. Flyeaglejet aknowledge this and are sending new parts. No holes sdrilled for servo wire in firewall and like canards its nearly impossible to get in there to drill holes.
9. Wing Servo Covers are not painted. Aileron covers are painted, Flap Covers are still white from mould. Flyeaglejet are having trouble understanding what I mean after sending many pictures.
10. Servo rods appear to be incorrect length and size
11. Flyeagle made a claim with DHL for my J10 damage. I advised the damage and spent lots of time reporting to DHL. Flyeaglejet were reimbured compensation to which i recieved nil. I was left with a damaged airframe.

My main frustration is that I have sent easily over 90 emails back and forth to Flyeaglejet to explain and try to rectify some of these issues and im no closer to finishing this Jet than I was 2x months ago. Flyeagle have asked me If I am an experienced jet builder, advising they dont understand why I have so many issues, keep sending me pictures of the old non honeycombe version to show fitment of items and tell me its nearly the same (which I can tell you the old version is completely different) and have advised I am trying to cause them trouble and reply with abrupt emails.

All I want is for my $3500 USD j10 airframe ive brought from them to be constructed and painted correctly, the right parts supplied and to be hapily flying. Unfortunately I had to post on RCU to express my frustrations. I advised Flyeaglejet I would be posting on here for help from any other Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D version purchasers and they advised I should not threaten them.

IMO the honeycombe construction is also a concern. When working inside the airframe a slight bump crumbled exposed honey combe. Time will tell regarding the strength once this J10 is flying i suppose.

My experience with Flyeaglejet on the other hand has not been great. I have dealt with Johhny and James. Johhny has been very polite to deal with but did not understand my concerns or which model I was supplied. (Language barrier issue maybe?). James was not pleasant to deal with, very defensive and didnt seem to show great after sales customer service.
Unfortunately I will never buy a Flyeaglejet model again. Either will the peopel I fly with and many coleagues in the jet community country wide as they have been following my progress on this model with dissatisfaction with the after sales service.
I have had issues with other Chinese Jet airframe manufacturers over the years and always found them extremely helpful and never had issues like this.
I hope once the J10 is built and flying all this frustration fades to the past and I have an enjoyable model just like my many other turbine models.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Flyeaglejet J10 1/6th 3D Version.. My experience

Sorry to hear your of your problems is your model made of the new material? Or just the formers? I hope your flight is better.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:35 AM
bainy77

Thanks. I hope it does fly well so I can forget all this trouble. The model is made from the new honeycombe material. As mentioned until I get to fly it I wont know how strong it is. I think if the model was to be damaged it would be difficult to repair compared to standard fibreglass model in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you for sharing your experience. With the hundreds of negative posts regarding FEJ and their products, I honestly cannot understand why people continue to buy the product?

Mike
Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

I think I have jumped in to help your issues. I did also try to help you whenever you need or ask questions. It is Sunday today and I need to wait tomorrow to contact factory and sending you parts.

I also think you misunderstanding me. When discussing an issue, please calm down, do not use threaten words.

I still will help you when you need help.

Thanks
James

Old 09-25-2011, 05:52 AM
bainy77

James, Rereading my post I dont think I have used any threatening words.

Your reply is exactly the issue im talking about. I have been dealing with Flyeaglejet with my J10 issues for over 2x months now with no luck. Im not sure what tonight being Sunday night has to do with the last 2 months.

I appreciate that you are again going to send me replacement parts but felt that I have been very patient with this purchase and the ordeal I have been through.

I will keep updating this post to the response I recieve from Flyeaglejet until the J10 is built and flying. Pics to come soon for those who are interested.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:14 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Becase you mentioned my name in the post, so I have to come here to say something. You know what you wrote to me in email. I just want you to calm down and I am helping to resolve your issue now.

Again, I will help anytime if you have any issue to finish your model.

Thanks
James

Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 AM
bainy77

James, feel free to share my email. I have not written anything threatening to you except that I would post on RCU.

The fact is i have received very poor after sales customer service on a very expensive model. I am very calm and I think you need to spend your energy helping me with rectify my unfortunate purchase and less time telling me to calm down.

How much more time do I need to waste chasing correct parts and emailing FEJ for my very expensive model?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, you might try posting pics.
Rcpete
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Please post pics of the honeycomb construction.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Pepperpete

Same experience with FEJ. Once they had my money they didn't give a crap. Bad parts, most I had to pay to replace, and the plane was not engineered properly. Now this was an older F-16 Advance but the customer service was mediocre at best. I still don't understand how this company survives. I too also had to go to the forums before the proper attention was given by FEJ. Never again.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:42 AM
HORNET FLYER
My Feedback: (6)

I see a bunch of posts on qc on fej jet legend ect...and people still buy this trash.....btw i have seen afew of the fej planes and qc is......as long as the paint looks good, send it
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM
lookilook

Well, i have just opened my new FEJ f16 1/6 scale, its of the honeycomb material and looks very light for its size. it is my second plane from FEJ but this one was made to order. Actually i wanted a color scheme which they did not have and the result has amazed me.I have checked very carefully the whole body parts and are all in perfect condition as well as the glueing and parts. This is the initial impression but i have to say that James did help a lot on various things i wanted ,and the result came out just as we agreed. Maybe its a matter of luck,maybe its bad timing i dont know, this plane as the other one came from china to Cyprus with not a single scratch and thats a long way and changeovers.I am not in a position to judge as i am new to this only 3 years flying jets and i only own 2 planes bought from this company . It seems that some people will never buy again from fej and some never from skymaster or feibao or jetlegend or whoever. We are so many with so many different standards and experiences some near destinations some far, others with Dhl others with Ups....the end point ? i have read too many threads from people complaining or people who were pleased by different manufacturers and honestly i am puzzled.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

They stay in business because they produce more "good" products than "bad" just like the rest of them.

For every FEJ is bad post there is a one of the other manufacturer story just like it.

Those just get swept under the rug or "moderated" in a hurry.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM
lookilook

couldn't agree more....
Old 09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So james what about my 1/6 A10 that nearly got wrote off on take off??? I paid 5000usd all up for something that has balsa ply with light carbon skins a landing gear mount with no glue on it and for level flight nearly 15deg of up trim too make it fly level and you guys want too charge me for the new inproved tail section?????
Old 09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reading all this makes me realize how much I appreciate BVM Jets for their quality and customer service.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
FenderBean

BVM doesnt make F-16s, F-15s, F-14s or a viper jet either. []
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
rcpete347

BVM makes jets that Fly and last.
Rcpete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42267.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1666196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30587.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	1666197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32508.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1666198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30015.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1666199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45427.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1666200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24961.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1666201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85199.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1666202  
Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
FenderBean

So what's your point I still would not buy one since I only like the scale jets above.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But how many of these scale jets are out there flying trouble free? It's not such a bad thing that people share their experiences rather than people blindly wondering into trouble. I'm sure people aren't making this stuff up or putting out negative propaganda just for fun. An awful lot of these issues do seem genuine and people genuinely seem upset to have spent their money on something that gives them trouble or doesn't perform as should be reasonably expected.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:22 AM
bainy77

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree there are probably plenty of satisfied Flyeaglejet customers who are thoroughly enjoying their new models. Unfortunately I am not one of them. I dont take any satisfaction to jumping on an Internet forum to discuss my unfortunate jet purchase situation, leaving it a couple of months which doing so in my opinion shows Im becoming desperate for a resolution. So much wasted time and effort has been exhausted chasing assistance and help from the vendor only to be dragged out over months.

Since posting this I have had the Flyeaglejet rep respond very quickly and advise they are looking into it. It shows my efforts posting on RCU are having a positive effect in the end to resolve all the initial issues ive had with this J10 which I should not of been dealing with in the first place.

Attached are a few pics... (Ill get some more shortly including full exterior pics)

Name:	Bz79444.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1666230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69672.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1666231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55583.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1666232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68168.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1666233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52836.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1666234  
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: bainy77

I agree there are probably plenty of satisfied Flyeaglejet customers who are thoroughly enjoying their new models...
Actually, I wouldn't put the number at "plenty." Before I would take a leap into an FEJ jet (again), I'm waiting to see them being actively flown at jet events to the same extent that other brands are. Thus far, I have not seen that - some show up, but *most* don't fly that often (or at all)...

BTW, the workmanship on the inside of that aircraft as seen in the pictures, leaves much to be desired. As always, the outside probably looks great...

Bob
Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it strange that there is damage to the underside of the fuselage, as you wrote in your first post, without any damage showing on the box the jet came in. Seems to me that the jet was packed with pre-existing damage. I can't imagine anything else.

I do hope you get a speedy and satisifying resolution to these problems. Two months is too long to have dealt with unresolved issues.

I do have an observation about the photos you provided. The inside of the factory mold (photo #2) is very rough. Looks like it was roughed out by a dremel. Not the kind of workmanship I would expect from a manufacturer. But the paint job certainly appears to be nice.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 AM
rcpete347

Hi all, what i want to see in my jet is pic one, not the crap in pic 2.
Rcpete

Name:	Wu59878.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1666257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11373.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1666258  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.