Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Andy,

Can you put the rest of the MFGR names on the bottom so we can see who got what?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Andy,

Can you put the rest of the MFGR names on the bottom so we can see who got what?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31783.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1667802  
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Well i definitely wasn't expecting them to be in that order..
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Shaun Evans

JMP makes ARFs?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To me, the jet community has had a major "paradigm shift" the last 3-4 years. Would love to know the "demographics" behind this chart! How long in the hobby, how long with a Turbine Waiver, how many jets owned, etc. I remember the first jet event I ever attended...it was pretty much BVM F-100's, Kingcats, Bobcats and CARF Lightnings, Airworld's with a small sprinkle of SM, Boomerangs and the likes. Now, that could be because of my locale but I remember FL Jets about 4-5 years ago seemed to be when SM was making a HUGE splash into the market along with Fei Bao and Jet Legends (Chinese ARF's) I saw folks that have been in the hobby for only a year buying these cheaper jets, NOT the BVM F-100's and Kingcats! Getting the dream airframe was now accessible for half the price to people with little or no building experience and not willing to put the time in too! The guys that were flying the F-100's and kingcats and lightnings back then...they are still buying Ultra Bandits, Mibo A-10's and such.

Actually, I am wondering if those that forged the jet pathway for this hobby even voted OR...even get on these type of threads for that matter! And, I am wondering how many voted that don't even have a "worst" company but have a friend that had a bad experience. I look at the outcome and I am not surprise at all, actually could have predicted this. But, I have had 11 of their airframes and have really enjoyed each one of them and had no issues. AND, I still want a Tomahawk Hawk, Airworld F-100 and CARF Lightning!!!

This is just an observation I have.

FWIW...Rex

Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

JMP makes ARFs?
Poll says "kits" not ARFS
Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
AndyAndrews

Don't know the demographics. This is just a plain and simple all out vote for those reading RCU. I was surprised to see BVM getting so many votes. Maybe because of this "change in demographics" you mention of people who don't want to go to the trouble of building and paying more money for higher quality components. Or maybe just an over dislike of the company. I don't know. It is interesting to see that there is ...some dis-satisfaction with them.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
rbxbear44

Yea...agreed! I bet there is a lot of "relationship" aspect to this too...rubbed the wrong way by personalities and such. I guess my point is...would love to have seen what this kind of poll looked like 4-5 years ago!!! The chart would be configured in portrait rather than landscape for sure!!! LOL...just thinking...there would probably be no need for a poll 4-5 years ago...most companies everyone is slaying were just getting to some growth in the market!!!

rex
Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Perhaps the OP can clarify if this is "kit" in the strict definition, or "kit" meaning ARF's, too. Aren't most jet 'kits' really ARF's?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
rbxbear44

Well, that's a whole thread discussion within itself!!! Oh great...[X(]
Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 AM
VF84sluggo

Might as well throw JR vs Futaba, 2.4 vs FM at Nall, in there for good measure..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Perhaps the OP can clarify if this is ''kit'' in the strict definition, or ''kit'' meaning ARF's, too. Aren't most jet 'kits' really ARF's?
Dictionary definition:

"A set of parts or materials to be assembled: a model airplane kit." ARF's and non ARF's would both fall into this catagory.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

Yep, Rxbear, I think you've got some GREAT points. This site is full of a lot of people speaking definitively about things they know little or nothing about. Personalities plays a big part, too. That's for sure. I've stopped using certain brands based entirely on who their reps are, but that's different than voting them 'worst' at something (unless there's a poll for 'worst reps' down the line). To see JMP get a vote means someone's either mad at them or an idiot (in, of course, my humble opinion). Then again, I've sold ARFs to people who call me every ten minutes because they can't figure out how to install the servos. For someone like that, I'm sure that ARF was the worst they've encountered...
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 PM
jetmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can not help but think that this poll is not comparing like for like, how can we compare BVM with any china import the costs are not comparable, its like comparing Rolls Royce with a Ford.The most popular kits will get the most votes because they sell more kits hence the reason that SkyGate are at the bottom of the chart!! By the way FEJ sold out of kits that they took and had lots of orders at The recent Jet-Power event may be its because they give value for money!! Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes but its the little stuff also that the China companies don't do. Like keeping updates about their products for problems with them and fixes for them. Or crappy instructions or incorrect CG and throws. Leaking gear door cylinders are another bunch of crap. When your spending $1500 to $3500 on a airframe with gear they should really spend $20 extra dollars and use good hardware and non leaking gear.

BVM is always refining his products. If their is a problem with an airframe he will post a fix and addendum for it.

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

i can not help but think that this poll is not comparing like for like, how can we compare BVM with any china import the costs are not comparable, its like comparing Rolls Royce with a Ford.The most popular kits will get the most votes because they sell more kits hence the reason that SkyGate are at the bottom of the chart!! By the way FEJ sold out of kits that they took and had lots of orders at The recent Jet-Power event may be its because they give value for money!! Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Andy, I like your trade mark quote.

I hope all make a note of that as well.

steve
Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
rbxbear44

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Yes but its the little stuff also that the China companies don't do. Like keeping updates about their products for problems with them and fixes for them. Or crappy instructions or incorrect CG and throws. Leaking gear door cylinders are another bunch of crap. When your spending $1500 to $3500 on a airframe with gear they should really spend $20 extra dollars and use good hardware and non leaking gear.

BVM is always refining his products. If their is a problem with an airframe he will post a fix and addendum for it.

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

I wish CARF and would "refine" their fuse half joining seems!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

Another worthless thread. A popularity contest or a great place for smear posts by a bunch of keyboard cowboys. Not to demean any contributors. Flame away as I will not open this thread again.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:59 PM
KC36330

I'd be surprised if most of (if not all) the BVM votes didn't come from people who have never owned/built a BVM product.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM
rkimmerle

There needs to be an option to view results without having to vote. Otherwise you get people voting just to see the results who may not be into jets yet.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
VF84sluggo

I just want to know if anyone, other than FEJ itself, has finished an A-7. And if so, how has it all worked out?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

well, the poll is just a data point, obviously not scientific
but still a valid data...

(So Fei bao beat BVM... whao[X(])
Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

hello:

You forget put in the list Airworld and Tomahawk. Why ?

For any reason or you really forget ? [>:]

Regards from Spain.

Carlos Márquez.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: SCALECRAFT

Andy, I like your trade mark quote.

I hope all make a note of that as well.

steve
I've taken note and I'm keeping a list.

I like Sluggo's as well.

Marty
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

I'd be surprised if most of (if not all) the BVM votes didn't come from people who have never owned/built a BVM product.
Me too. I'm surprised that 31 people voted against BVM. BVM is the top-of-the-line. And for Cermark and Skymaster (even JHH) to rate better than BVM. Surprising! Must be that those people don't like the BVM prices or the lack of choices of jets. I can't imagine anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.