Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Re 'most', they are the buyers. I would never ever buy another ARTF model again. When I recall how many hours of quality work I provided to my last employer to pay for my first and last artf model all I feel is a sense of loss and utter frustration. Ron.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Yes but its the little stuff also that the China companies don't do. Like keeping updates about their products for problems with them and fixes for them. Or crappy instructions or incorrect CG and throws. Leaking gear door cylinders are another bunch of crap. When your spending $1500 to $3500 on a airframe with gear they should really spend $20 extra dollars and use good hardware and non leaking gear.

BVM is always refining his products. If their is a problem with an airframe he will post a fix and addendum for it.

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

i can not help but think that this poll is not comparing like for like, how can we compare BVM with any china import the costs are not comparable, its like comparing Rolls Royce with a Ford.The most popular kits will get the most votes because they sell more kits hence the reason that SkyGate are at the bottom of the chart!! By the way FEJ sold out of kits that they took and had lots of orders at The recent Jet-Power event may be its because they give value for money!! Just my 2 cents worth.
    i have had a AT3 for 3 years, it now has 80 flights and has NO issues of any sort from the word go,it has never let me down in any way,i now have a FEJ 1.4.5 BAE Hawk which now has 30 flights with no issues what so ever,no leaks,every thing works as it should,check out my flight at jet-power on FEJ web site,yes in the early days they had problems but have now solved these and now with the light weight constuction they will succeed.i was so pleased with my first Hawk i have now got another with the new light weight constuction.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What you may be revealing is another problem with the poll within sampling error know as measurement error. This deals with error that can occur from flaws in the instrument, question wording, question order, interviewer error, timing, question response options, etc.

Since there was no time frame indicated some of the responses may be from experiences that occured years ago that have now been fixed by the manufacturer. I don't know if that is the case here but it is wise to be careful of any quantitative conclusions.
    Nothing difficult is ever easy.
    Spitfire Brotherhood #44

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tevans55

Since there was no time frame indicated some of the responses may be from experiences that occured years ago that have now been fixed by the manufacturer.
    the recent post on the FEJ J10 seams to sum up their quality is still on par with what it was when i formed my opinion of their jets many moons ago.........

there are a few people who have FEJ who love them (such as jetmodeller above) but as my dad always said, "even a blind hog will find a few acorns" so with their many attempts, it's not surprising they got a few right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

....and then again maybe not. As my dad always said, "if it looks like a pig and smells like a pig...it's probably a pig!"

I'm not trying to say one manufacturer is better than another...just trying to point out that it is better to talk about your own personal experience than try to draw conclusions from a flawed methodology for polling. The poll has stimulated some good discussion however and, well, maybe that was the intention?[X(]
    Nothing difficult is ever easy.
    Spitfire Brotherhood #44

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I currently own three BVM jets (two F-16's and a Maverick) and have owned several others (Aggressors, F-4, and an F-86) all of which I sold, and regret. []

I have never had any QC issues with BVM jets or the gear. The only negative thing I can say about BVM is that a few of the steps and photos in the F-16 manual were a little unclear. But Uncle Bob was always available to clarify.

With my current fleet of BVM, Yellow Aircraft, AirWorld, and JHH jets, I believe I have enough jets to last my lifetime. But, other than wanting a BVM F-100, I doubt I will be buying any more. So, if there are any people out there who voted for BVM and happen to have an F-100 hanging around, I'd be happy to buy it from you.

I'd also like to own an Aggressor again. [8D]
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With all the issues raised about the accuracy of the poll, I do believe it pointed out exactly who the biggest loser is.

Most (if not all) people don't have experience or knowledge of every brand that was listed on the poll. I know I don't know about every brand listed. I have built a few (and worked on a few) brands of Chinese jets for other people. So, I have seen some major quality (structural) issues in these brands. None of those brands compare to the ease of assembly and durability of BVM Jets. In my opinion, and to the exception of what I wrote, I believe that Yellow Aircraft makes very good quality jets. From what I've seen, I also think FeiBao makes a decent jet.

But without ripping apart any aspect of the poll, I do believe the poll has quite a bit of merit when one company got a large percentage of the vote. I don't think that can be ignored.

Thanks for doing the poll and spending the money, Andy!
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345