Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

Yep...to both posts.

Beave

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: KC36330

I'd be surprised if most of (if not all) the BVM votes didn't come from people who have never owned/built a BVM product.
Me too. I'm surprised that 31 people voted against BVM. BVM is the top-of-the-line. And for Cermark and Skymaster (even JHH) to rate better than BVM. Surprising! Must be that those people don't like the BVM prices or the lack of choices of jets. I can't imagine anything else.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400
............ Must be that those people don't like the BVM prices or the lack of choices of jets. I can't imagine anything else.
IMHO i honestly believe it's likely the attitude they have encountered from some (again some, not all) people who do fly BVM exclusively. i've experienced it myself at events where some guys walk around with their noses up in the air at anyone who doesn't have the Kool-Aid. i've seen the same thing with turbine brand............ i love the quality of BVM i just can't afford it in my personal fleet, the ones i've built you can't ask for a better fit/finish.

i don't have a problem admitting i voted FEJ and it was 100% based on my experience with their product and their customer service (or lack there of), i don't go around to every thread that pops up bashing them but one would be hard pressed to change my mind that they are selling garbage.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd be surprised if most of (if not all) the BVM votes didn't come from people who have never owned/built a BVM product.
Thats probably true for FEJ also. Don't think there are that many people flying their planes in RCU[X(]
Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

Thats probably true for FEJ also. Don't think there are that many people flying their planes in RCU[X(]

that's because only a handful actually fly most people spend a great deal of time and frustration trying to fix what should of been right to start with and give up when they can't get anything out of FEJ except for a 'We give you free 5 function valve if that make you happy and you stop bug us about garbage jet'
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Yes but its the little stuff also that the China companies don't do. Like keeping updates about their products for problems with them and fixes for them. Or crappy instructions or incorrect CG and throws. Leaking gear door cylinders are another bunch of crap. When your spending $1500 to $3500 on a airframe with gear they should really spend $20 extra dollars and use good hardware and non leaking gear.

BVM is always refining his products. If their is a problem with an airframe he will post a fix and addendum for it.

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

i can not help but think that this poll is not comparing like for like, how can we compare BVM with any china import the costs are not comparable, its like comparing Rolls Royce with a Ford.The most popular kits will get the most votes because they sell more kits hence the reason that SkyGate are at the bottom of the chart!! By the way FEJ sold out of kits that they took and had lots of orders at The recent Jet-Power event may be its because they give value for money!! Just my 2 cents worth.

I wish CARF and would ''refine'' their fuse half joining seems!!!
AND put out a manual for their expensive A4... unbelievable that the thing has almost been out for three years and there is still no manual.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Ro

I have had a run of bad luck with a few jet kit manufacturers. There is nothing more annoying thank to feel like your getting blown off after spending money and never getting what you paid for. I have a Fouga Magister collecting dust and an L39 sitting on blocks. What a waste of time and money. I should have purchased a BVM-F100D it would have been flying by now.

there are some good companies to deal with in regards to customer service. I have found Mick Reeves to be one of them if your into scratch building. You get exactly what you pay for and they are always there to help. Als Hobbies is another good source for solid info. Intairco has served me well over the past few years.

Could be a good idea to have a well moderated consumer reports forum that would serve as a warning device for consumers.

I could not be more pissed these days,

Cheers,
Ro
Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

The difference is, those who probably don't have first hand experience with a FEJ can put their vote in on FEJ b/c of the numerous threads on FEJ jets and the customer service that goes along with it. When is the last time you saw a thread on here about BVM, Yellow Aircraft or JMP complaining about the product they received and the lack of after sales service from the company? I've been active on these boards for the last 4 years (and a member for allot longer) and i can only think of maybe 2 or 3 a year between all of those manufacturers, compared to FEJ that seems to have one or 2 monthly at the least.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
ron Sweeney

ORIGINAL: Van Opdorp

I have had a run of bad luck with a few jet kit manufacturers. There is nothing more annoying thank to feel like your getting blown off after spending money and never getting what you paid for. I have a Fouga Magister collecting dust and an L39 sitting on blocks. What a waste of time and money. I should have purchased a BVM-F100D it would have been flying by now.

there are some good companies to deal with in regards to customer service. I have found Mick Reeves to be one of them if your into scratch building. You get exactly what you pay for and they are always there to help. Als Hobbies is another good source for solid info. Intairco has served me well over the past few years.

Could be a good idea to have a well moderated consumer reports forum that would serve as a warning device for consumers.

I could not be more pissed these days,

Its nice to know I am not the only one who has arf jets gathering dust. My first and last experience is an F22 Raptor. The by-pass ducting all but halved the thrust and the model would not gain any speed on my grass strip. One minor bump at a fast taxi jammed one of the main gear oleos. I even enquired wether the model was suitable for grass field operations and was re-assured that it was. This nightmare was preceded by weeks of frustrating pneumatic problems. The model has never flown and has been in a spare bedroom where I dont confront the worst modelling decision I have ever made. I haven't voted but just wanted to vent a little frustration. The kit manufacturere is the one who slots his oleo legs so they bend and jam with little or no load. Ron
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
hofer

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi guys,
People voting to be BVM, JMP, Yellow Aircraft or Avonds the worst kit manufacturers - just absolute nonsense !! How can you dare !
see you
Hans
Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: ron Sweeney
The model has never flown and has been in a spare bedroom where I dont confront the worst modelling decision I have ever made.
I know the feeling Ron. [:@]
Just get it on ebay/rcmf/bmfa for what you think it's worth and move on. No sense in beating yourself up over it, it's not your fault.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI all, this is for the 40 that voted BVM for the worst Kit manufacturer. If you still have the kits, send me a email of what you have, and I will buy them.
Rcpete
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46599.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1668191  
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: hofer

Hi guys,
People voting to be BVM, JMP, Yellow Aircraft or Avonds as the worst kit manufacturers - just absolut nonsense !! How can you dare !
see you
Hans
It's called democracy, that's why you're not speaking German...............hang on a minute
The poll is flawed as it doesnt log IP addresses, clear cookies and vote multiple times. [>:]

Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: hofer

Hi guys,
People voting to be BVM, JMP, Yellow Aircraft or Avonds as the worst kit manufacturers - just absolut nonsense !! How can you dare !
see you
Hans
It's called democracy, that's why you're not speaking German...............hang on a minute
The poll is flawed as it doesnt log IP addresses, clear cookies and vote multiple times. [>:]

Humm. didn't know that.. I have closed the poll. Especially since you advertised this exploit.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
RCJetBazz

bottomline, Fly Eagle is the champ, hands down!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

So I should be good to go ahead and get an FEJ A-7, right?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

What blows me away is the fact that there are modelers who, for example found something like Skygate (as a random example) worse than FlyEagle...in fact the majority of the voters found something worse than FEJ........Does this mean that FEJ does not win/lose ?????
Old 10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I think a better way to do the poll would be to have a list of manufacturers and criteria for each manufacturer to be voted on (Airframe quality, Paint finish, Customer service Before AND after the sale, etc) on a scale of 1 to 5. Then those are used to rank that particular vote between the manufacturers. This would seem like a more accurate vote.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

What blows me away is the fact that there are modelers who, for example found something like Skygate (as a random example) worse than FlyEagle...in fact the majority of the voters found something worse than FEJ........Does this mean that FEJ does not win/lose ?????

I'm sure there are some who voted truly based on our own personal experience and some of those may have not had dealings with FEJ.........
Old 10-01-2011, 11:34 PM
ron Sweeney

I have a complaint about JMP. My 1980s Phantom F4 has a crack in the engine hatch after years of repeatedly removing and re-fitting it. Ron.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There actually is very little that can be drawn from the results of the poll as the sample is not random. The employees from one company can get on here and vote against the competition and folks that have never flown a jet from one of these companies has the ability to vote. And that is just two examples of how the results may be skewed. Quantitative analysis is a science that has to controlled. A proper overview of a Statistics 101 book would show this poll will probably reveal peoples reactions at the extreme...those that have very strong feelings for or against, based on use or observation of the product they voted for. In that, it is difficult to determine much but it does serve to stimulate some lively discussion which may be beneficial. But, to say that one company is worse than another based on this poll would be a wholly misleading.

Now, on to the important stuff...who manufactures the best radios?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 AM
AndyAndrews

Still everything being equal (and it was on this poll) there was one factory that stood out over the rest. That information alone will hopefully bring attention to that factory to improve its products and customer service.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Hopefully.........
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 AM
tevans55

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Still everything being equal (and it was on this poll) there was one factory that stood out over the rest. That information alone will hopefully bring attention to that factory to improve its products and customer service.
Yes, in that regard, there does appear within the RCU Jet thread community some dissatisfaction with one company that is probably significant but I don't think I would try to draw any conclusions pro or con from any of the other results because sample size is also a problem...but thats a whole nuther chapter!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
ron Sweeney

The international car surveys always suggest to me that the more you pay for a product the higher are your expectations and the more critical you will be of a high end product and will tend to criticise issues that would pass unnoticed in lower priced products. The reverse appears to be true in this poll. I am not sure where brand loyalty figures in the results but it does exist where people defend certain products, me included. Ron. p.s. How many political polls ever match the final outcome?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 AM
tevans55

ORIGINAL: ron Sweeney

The international car surveys always suggest to me that the more you pay for a product the higher are your expectations and the more critical you will be of a high end product and will tend to criticise issues that would pass unnoticed in lower priced products. The reverse appears to be true in this poll. I am not sure where brand loyalty figures in the results but it does exist where people defend certain products, me included. Ron. p.s. How many political polls ever match the final outcome?
Only the polls that follow the math and science of quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis. Therein lies the problem...most do not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.