Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My dealing with Jetcat Service center in CA...Bad experience!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My dealing with Jetcat Service center in CA...Bad experience!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My dealing with Jetcat Service center in CA...Bad experience!

ORIGINAL: John Redman

Hey Rich,

Pass the popcorn brother!!!

He is going to your side next. I feel for Eric. Great friend and great guy. I wonder what this bozo will do to piss him off and then tell us all that Eric sucks. Won't be long and he won't have anyone to play with. Good thing he has his $40k a day in may or whatever it is. He will need it on the next boat I am sure.

I will agree this thread has gone off topic. Why do all of us intelligent people subscribe to one jack off's rant?

David, I still remember you sending in that P-200. I still want to know if you tried to run it on some of the juice from those Mississippi mud bugs!!!!

John,

You've had your hands on literaly thousands of turbines at JetCat USA back in the day... I'll bet you've seen a handful of self proclaimed high-roller, fat cat, 'JetFans' in your time there, demaning that the company bend for them.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Hey Rich,

He is going to your side next. I feel for Eric. Great friend and great guy. I wonder what this bozo will do to piss him off and then tell us all that Eric sucks. Won't be long and he won't have anyone to play with. Good thing he has his $40k a day in may or whatever it is. He will need it on the next boat I am sure.

I will agree this thread has gone off topic. Why do all of us intelligent people subscribe to one jack off's rant?

David, I still remember you sending in that P-200. I still want to know if you tried to run it on some of the juice from those Mississippi mud bugs!!!!

John,

You've had your hands on literaly thousands of turbines at JetCat USA back in the day... I'll bet you've seen a handful of self proclaimed high-roller, fat cat, 'JetFans' in your time there, demaning that the company bend for them.
Hey now.....I resemble that comment!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: DavidR

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Hey Rich,

John,

Hey now.....I resemble that comment!

Oh yeah!.. You fondled a few Purple Bezels in your day too!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

Now that the dust have settle, I guess I will put Bob Wilcox on Blast!

I Purchased my first Turbine jet that came with a Jetcat installed with about 24 hrs on, when I made the purchase I was well aware of the 25hr maintenance interval that was needed. I purchased the plane from the number 2 owner but I personally know the number 1 owner who is very well in tune with turbine and repairs. After owning the plane for over a month and going over the whole plane with it's originally owner, we fire up the turbine and started right away with no problems or issues what so ever. We did this on several different occasions again without any issues and no faults signs of damage, imbalance, funny noises...absolutely nothing. But, as per jetcat 25 hrs send it on in and like your wounds and some of your green buddies goodbye.... Keep in mind this turbine ran flawlessly before shipping to Jetcat.

So with this being my first turbine, I decided to call Jetcat first and see what I need to do to get this thing service, spoke with a tech I assume and he gave me the run down and told me that it would take no more than 2 weeks from the time that they received it. Cool everything is looking good thus far, I went on and sent it in. They received it 3 days later. The 2 week in my eyes started at that point. After about 2 and half weeks and not hearing from them I decided to give them a call to check status of my turbine and the same gentlemen that promised me a 2 week turn around time said that they hadn't got to mine yet. I said ok and gave them another 2 weeks now we are at 4 weeks, so I called again the same guys said let me check still haven't started on it yet, this time he promised to take a look at it the very next day and will call me within 24 hrs with the repairs cost. Guess what I called him 48hrs later and he had no answer for me. I asked to speak with Bob Wilcox, Bob also promised that they will get on it ASAP! Throughout the whole ordeal with the turbine, I listed the plane & turbine for sale online with the description of the turbine having 24hrs on it and needing servicing real soon. Another week passes, and guess what the plane sold with the engine in it's present condition, so this time I was calling to have my turbine sent back. When I told them that I wanted it sent back, guess WHAT...It was being worked on...I told them I wanted it shipped back because the plane was sold and the buyer was well aware of the condition of the turbine before it was sent to them and he wanted it and said that he uses someone other than jetcat to service his turbines. They told me the turbine was all in parts already and it would need $750 worth of repairs, Well I told them to put it all back together and mail it back and I will pay the labor charges for their time. The service guy told me NOWAY we can't do that and that this engine will not run in this condition, I want to say it was something about the compressor. Well I listened and let this guys dig a huge whole about it will never run like this and that this engine didn't run when they received. Well that was a ton of BS that engine purred when I shipped it in, After about 10mins and him finally running out of breath about the engine not running in it's present condition, I told him the engine ran perfectly fine, and several turbine guys look over the engine and didn't have any thing bad to say about it's operation. Then he kinda got choked up and changed his tune and said oh well it shouldn't and it will not run for long. I called him out on this and he had no answer for me. Well after putting up a fuss about just needing the turbine back without their BS repairs the guy transferred me to bob wilcox and boy was I in for a treat.

Well bob got on the phone with an attitude from the start and gave me the same spill about the engines condition and how it would NEVER run like that, well I called him out on it too and and told him that the engine ran perfectly fine when they received it and I since sold the plane and the engine in it's present condition so send it back. The price of the plane with the turbine was reasonable with the jetcat needing service so I sold it for a price with all this in mind. He said that he would not send it back fully assembled the way it was when they received it because he couldn't do that and that I can have it back in parts. I told him again the plane was sold and I needed it back, he said I was not being honest about the turbine to the buyer, and he really lost his cool, he started swearing at me and everything. I let him go on and on with this rant, I wish I could have recorded his unprofessionalism & swearing. At that point I lost my cool, coming from well known and established wholesale jeweler I know how professional you have to be at all times, right or wrong. Customer comes first, make you customers happy at all cost. When bob found out that I wasn't your average joe he began to apologize sincerly. It was to late the damage was done. What bob assumes is I was being dishonest or he was just trying to push the repairs on me, well after the plane sold the buyer was well aware of everything having to pertain to the turbine including it presently being at jetcat for repairs and what was needed to be repaired and it's cost. Bob knew nothing about me and my honesty but felt he knew me from being on the ohone with me for 10 mins. If he wanted to see my listing or even my feedback online sales, where he or anyone else could see that I have sold highend jewelry ranging from $1k to $8k consistently he would have approached me a little more professionally. So no dishonesty from my end, jetcat end just maybe, they are like the untrusted auto repair guy if you are a first timer. In the end, the buyer said not to worry about and that he would pay half of the repair cost if I cover the other half, against my better judgement I did to make my buyer happy.

It's kinda like DRIVING your car in to get the transmission look at and when they pull it apart they say it needs a new gear or two for $XXX and you say I will hold off on it right now and tell them just go ahead and put it back together so you can drive it home and they tell you that they can't do that and they will give you the car and the transmission parts in a box and that you will have to carry the parts home and have the car towed, because it's not drivable and shouldn't run in this condition. This is exactly how jetcat played me.

At the end of the day, Jetcat squezzed another customer and i'm pretty darn sure i'm not the first or the last. I will never buy another jetcat turbine ONLY because I would have to deal with bob and his bunch. It's a shame because I like Jetcat Turbines, I will be emailing Jetcat directly and let them know the type of people they have servicing their stuff here in the states. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone until I find another service center for jetcat. I think I have, but will have to call to check to be certain. They really need to be concerned with the other companies coming out with much more reasonable price engines and world class customer service, that goes along way in any profession.

Bob and his bunch can get on here and try put the blame on the consumers or try and protect his butt. It's welcomed here, we both know the truth and I just spelled it all out. Horrible attitude!

I have sinced purchased a Jet Central Eagle, Rhino and in the market looking for a 14lbs to 18lb turbine.

Regards,
Former Jetcat supporter

When writing a post have you ever heard of the saying less is more
Old 10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Yea. on occassion.

Short story for you guys. We had one guy that after 4 returns I gave him his money back and an extra $100 for his troubles. Wilcox blew a gasket initially but trusted me. When we sent him the check I included Jim Waggle's phone number from AMT USA, he called them. When Bob and I drove up to Superman that year Jim met us at the van and was ready to kill me for giving the guy his number as he had to deal with him. Bob bought me dinner that night and a few after that.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
FILE IFR

Yea. on occassion.

Short story for you guys. We had one guy that after 4 returns I gave him his money back and an extra $100 for his troubles. Wilcox blew a gasket initially but trusted me. When we sent him the check I included Jim Waggle's phone number from AMT USA, he called them. When Bob and I drove up to Superman that year Jim met us at the van and was ready to kill me for giving the guy his number as he had to deal with him. Bob bought me dinner that night and a few after that.

Eric Clapp is the next guy to get an ulcer.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Yea. on occassion.

That's beautiful!!

Poor Eric.......
Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jetfan ,40 k a month ,wow ! I once beat a gogher to death with a stick. joe
Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 AM
ricardinho

i am with you.. i have never had any serious issues with jetcat..most serious was a stupid starter motor...how do you get bob mad..man that had to be hard.. thats one of the nicest guys i have ever talked too...anyway i do know i dont buy any usey doozy turbines..i always purchase jet engines new from day one and never a problem...i have owned 5 jetcats and they have always been great..i did have a internal kero igniter go up on a new 120sx a few days after i bought it.. but thats not jetcat usas falt..that was the germans falt...he fixed it and ihad it back within a week...i think scott and those guys are great and alwys treat me with respect...i would never change brands..
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 AM
ricardinho

hahaha you couldnt give me one of those...
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 AM
ricardinho

yes you are right.I am a buisness owner and its funny you have to INTERVIEW THEM A LITTLE BEFORE YOU DO WORK FOR THEM.. IF I SENSE IT MIGHT BE A PERSON THAT YOU CANT PLEASE I WILL DECLINE DOING WORK FOR THEM.. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST *****S AND CANT BE PLEASED.. I KNOW WHAT SCOTT AND BOB GO THROUGH.. IF PEOPLE WANT ABSOLUTION THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN THE HOBBY.. THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS PERFECT AND SEEMS LIKE THE ONE WHO WANT PERFECTION ARE THE BIGGEST A HOLES...