Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RTI 2800 Experiances

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RTI 2800 Experiances

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTI 2800 Experiances

Im thinking about buying one of these and don't have any first hand knowledge about them good or not so good. I dont recall ever hearing anything bad about them and my impression is that they are well built and reliable. I always assume that they are a refined and updated version of the old RAM 750/1000's which seemed to be good engines from my observations and limited experiance with them.

Im generally not in favor of posts that run down a product in a public forum like this. I would suggest if anybody has negative comments to please send them to me directly via pm or email. Obvilously positve feedback can be posted directly.

Im also interested to hear about fuel consuption for this engine and spool up time compared to other similar engines. And any good or bad about these engines.

I have owned and operated several RAM 500 s and for a few flights a RAM 1000 so im framilar with and for the most part like the ECU's and Data terminals and how they work and the things that they can do.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: RTI 2800 Experiances

Personally, the fact that you would be dealing with Carlos is a big positive. I always enjoyed dealing with him and when he worked on my RAM's he was always fair. I don't have any first hand experience with the rti engines so I can't comment directly on them but from what I've seen online, I also have not heard anything bad. I suppose the only real downsides would be that by todays standards they are bigger and heavier than the new generation engines in that thrust category. Having said that, AMT is big and heavy too but they never die. The more I see the new generation of engines, smaller, lighter, more power, while I am impressed by those, there is a lot to be said for a bigger more durable engine too. The bigger heavier engines may not be as desired by some, but if your model can work with it,, I think they will only last longer. I think I'll likely stick to AMT's at this point, but I would venture to give an rti a try. Carlos has been around working on engines of many types for longer than some companies have been around. I think that says a lot right there.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Achillesfilho

A have one since 2008.
Great engine ( 30 lbs ), fantastic service.
Carlos is one of the greatest guy in this hobby.

Achilles.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
vetagator
My Feedback: (5)

I have 3 of them. They are work horses and are built to last. They are a little heavier than most in the same thrust category, but when you actually see and hold one, you will know why. I highly recommend them. Alex.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:26 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

How is the fuel consuption compared to say a P 120 or similar and the spool up and down times ?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Achillesfilho

The same fuel consuption as P-120 : 12 oz/min at full power.
Very fast throttle response.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 AM
ReneAlv
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fist of all, dealing with Carlos is great, he is always ready to help. I own two of the RTI 2800 with no problems what so ever. These engines are great, the two that I have they have never let me down.
I strongly recommend them.

Rene
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I have one and it has been a great engine. Hundreds of flights and no issues. Like others have said a little heavier but in todays bigger models not an issue.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Kometfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a RTI2800 and love it. The engine is bullet proof, adhere to what Carlos says and all will be good. Service is fantastic, Carlos is always able to answer any question I have.

Roy