Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Turbine on The Block

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Turbine on The Block

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Mike06659

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Turbine on The Block

Say what Any clarification on the HobbyKing Turbine please
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Who cares who makes it...enough people buy em....prices come down all around......everyone benefits......so simple yet so insanely difficult in the RC Jet forums to understand.

The lack of collective brains cells on this subject makes me think a turbine waver is too easy to get.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Desertlakesflying

Who cares who makes it...enough people buy em....prices come down all around......everyone benefits......so simple yet so insanely difficult in the RC Jet forums to understand.

The lack of collective brains cells on this subject makes me think a turbine waver is too easy to get.

Yes, brain cells is part of the deal. If one can fly safely and accurately, it's an easy cert. to get. I never heard it was 'difficult' to obtain (skill-wise) , unless one has trouble guiding an airplane, a waiver may be 'out-of-reach' for them

... That's my $.02
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 AM
mmontella
My Feedback: (36)

Being new to jets, I thought I would add my two cents. Bottom line is….. what is my incentive to buy this turbine from a new manufacturer. As others have stated, it does not offer any technological advances, it has no proven history or reliability, and the price is very close to other proven products that are currently on the market. I could probably overlook the lack of technology or history if there was a large price incentive but that is not the case here. I would need something to go out on a limb and take a chance. They are entering an established market and as I learned in my Marketing 101 class many, many years ago, you need to provide some overpowering incentive to break into an established market. Unfortunately they have not offered one. So I will probably do what many others will do and wait by the sidelines for someone else to be the guinea pig and see what happens.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: mmontella

They are entering an established market and as I learned in my Marketing 101 class many, many years ago, you need to provide some overpowering incentive to break into an established market. Unfortunately they have not offered one.
Some have yet to learned that lesson!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I could probably overlook the lack of technology or history if there was a large price incentive but that is not the case here.
Thats what lots of people thought about Jet Joe turbines, how many of these do you actually see flying?
Search out the Jet Joe thread & see who started that thread.

What amuses me is the wannabe 'distributors' who promoted cheapy turbines, mouthed off about how the established brands were a rip off, disappeared into thin air for a couple of years then pop up again selling another turbine at around the same price as the 'rip offs'.

Ask them what's different & why do they want to rip us off now? - John.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
molo_30

Are you speaking from personal experience John? If so please enlighten us as to your predicament and dealings with ET.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ET spoke well of German and Mexican made products, no?

however he forgot to address the fact that some cars made in Italy need a $10,000.00 tune up after 30K miles.

So I ask what is the TBO and how much will it cost?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 AM
KXH121
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

ET spoke well of German and Mexican made products, no?

however he forgot to address the fact that some cars made in Italy need a $10,000.00 tune up after 30K miles.

So I ask what is the TBO and how much will it cost?
Also the WHO and HOW long until I get it back?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you speaking from personal experience John? If so please enlighten us as to your predicament and dealings with ET.
No, I'm not speaking from personal experience.

You see, that's the beauty of the internet & forums. We can share the buying experience, service & after sales support of vendors with others & make up our own mind whether we deal with a vendor or give them a miss & buy from someone else.

Of course there will always be 'that guy' who will never be happy but you get a feel for which suppliers have happy customers & those that don't. I also fly electrics & notice on those forums how many 'happy' customers ET has.

Based on that customer feedback would I be likely to buy from someone like Dreamworks or Tam ? - Yes.

Would I buy from ET ? - No.

Would I buy an unknown turbine made in Italy from ET for top dollar after he raves on & insults the countries where the established turbines are made by comparing them to cars? - Still No.

John.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:37 AM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: Boomerang1

No, I'm not speaking from personal experience.

You see, that's the beauty of the internet & forums. We can share the buying experience, service & after sales support of vendors with others & make up our own mind whether we deal with a vendor or give them a miss & buy from someone else.

Of course there will always be 'that guy' who will never be happy but you get a feel for which suppliers have happy customers & those that don't. I also fly electrics & notice on those forums how many 'happy' customers ET has.

Based on that customer feedback would I be likely to buy from someone like Dreamworks or Tam ? - Yes.

Would I buy from ET ? - No.

Would I buy an unknown turbine made in Italy from ET for top dollar after he raves on & insults the countries where the established turbines are made by comparing them to cars? - Still No.

John.
If you are not speaking from personal experience, but what you read on the internet, would that just be gossip?
I have seen that there have been several people who just bash Easytiger but have never bought from them, ever.
And Isaw this post:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10653807
Where at least one of them apologized.
I'm sure Easy Tiger is not perfect and some people have real complaints, but Ino longer beleive the bashing.
Iwas a participant in a thread about the EasytigerMe109 that was just awful, with three people who considered themselves experts just endlessly bashing the plane, and the moderators did nothing about it at all. None of the three experts actually build or flew models, they were just big internet talkers, and two out of teh three have left the hobby, one after ripping people off. But they destroyed any talk about that airplane. I take what Iread these days with a lot of salt, half the people got free planes for posting, half never built anything, just talk, and then there are some nice people.
Ican talk with some experience about Easy Tiger Models. Ihave two of their planes, the Giant Scale P-47 and the Giant Scale Focke Wolfe 190. Both are great models, the nicest ARFs Ihave ever had, and very good for the money. Customer service has been no problem, they answer the phone if Ihave questions, but Ihave not had any customer service issues to take care of. Iwould like to buy another plane, maybe a WWI warbird like the Sopwith Camel, but right now, I don't want to spend the money, Ineed to wait.
Ialso met the owner at Warbirds Over Delaware, and he was a very nice person, he was very curteous and thoughtful, when Iwas suffering from the heat so badly, he gave me his chair and cold water and let me sit in his tent until I felt better, he did not know Iwas his customer when he did that, Itold him afterwards. I'll stand up for that kind of person, and I'll stand up for the underdog when Isee people ganging up on someone, especially if they never even bought anything. It's easy to throw stones on the internet, Isee a lot more stone throwing than good things, and I am trying myself to say good things rather than add more stone-throwing.
I don't have a turbine and never will, it's not in my budget or my old man flying skills, but if Iwas going to buy one, Iwould certainly thing about this one. That's my two cents, but Iam not a jet pilot, I did some Ducted Fan like the Ziroli Heinkel 162 many years ago, but turbines are out of my league.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike06659
Say what Any clarification on the HobbyKing Turbine please
Latest from Anthony Hand (HobbyKing CEO)

"February is our target right now.
As it's a self start system, we have to put alot of work into making it idiot proof, otherwise we will have many false warranty claims on an otherwise good product.
Turbines are expensive, parts are from Germany and Japan; so we have to get it right.

Nobody wants this to be released more than I. So believe me when I say I'm doing all I can to get it to you as soon as possible."
Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

thanks for the update.