Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The New Graupner MX-20 HOTT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The New Graupner MX-20 HOTT

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Graupner MX-20 HOTT

We would like to introduce the line of radio's that we are importing to the USA the Graupner HOTT. The are a full FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Technology) and realy time telemtry. The the MX-20 is a 12 channel system that is capable of voice playback, Fully Telemtry including fuel,Speed,GPS, RPM, Temp, signal strength and much more. Modellbau USA and House of Power Hobbies ( Rob Lynch's place) will be the main importer into the US and the Sole Distributer in Brazil. Below are the Specs. You get all this for an incredible price of $759. Also for the month of December Modellbau USA and Modellbau Brazil will be running a special for Christmas, If you purchase any of our airplanes complete with turbine and gear we will be giving you one of the MX-20's for FREE!!! while quantities last

With 12 control functions, the mx-20 HoTT lets the advanced RC model builder to control nearly any model. The use of Graupner HoTT 2.4-GHz transmission technology ensures great functional reliability through bidirectional communication between transmitter and receiver, with integrated telemetry, voice output via headphone output, and ultrafast response times.
The transmitter has 24 model memories. Simplified programming using touch keys. A contrast-rich, 8-line, blue-lit graphic display ensures perfect display of all setting parameters and telemetry data. Telemetry data and additional model memories can be stored on a micro-SD memory card. (later after update)
The channel signal is resolved at 12 bits in 4096 steps, thus providing extremely sensitive control.
USB connection for reading out and storing model memories and for firmware upgrades.

The set includes:
    Graupner HoTT mc-20 microcomputer telemetry transmitter with built-in NiMH 2000 mAh transmitter battery, Graupner HoTT GR-24 receiver, and 100mA transmitter charger
    General HoTT features:

1. [*]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89856.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1681642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64697.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1681643  
    Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
    Newskin78

Default RE: The New Graupner MX-20 HOTT

A 12 channel radio with german quality for $759 is incredible. Henry like always great job and that promotion for a free radio for christmas special is ridiculious, i dont know how you guys keep doing it.
    Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 PM
    david robinson

Henry are they aviable now. Iam looking to get a 12 channel how does this compare to the old MX24. Ihave been using one as you know but I want to switch to 2.4 and I have read horror stories of other 2.4 systems locking outso Ihave been a little reluctant since my mhz radio has never had a problem.
    Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
    bruff
    My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the range with 12 mw of power output?
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    Xv65552.pdf (72.9 KB, 113 views)
    Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 PM
    bigplumbs
    Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bruff

What is the range with 12 mw of power output?
    Thanks,
    Bob

That is a very low power output. In the US the max allowed is 1000 mw. In the UK it is 100 mw. This is only 12 mw. That would certainly concern me

Regards

Dennis
    Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 AM
    Modellbau USA

Well to be honest I had no idea about the 12mw not sure what that number really is. I will look into it. Bigplumps is absolutely correct in the US you can only have a radio produce 1 watt before you need a license. I have been using Weatronics for many years and it is a very strong system. Graupner is using the same technology in the New Hott stuff same signal strength and ever faster bit rates.
    I personally have had my mx20 for about 1 year now testing it and I have gotten almost 3 miles range before I have gone into fail safe. Graupner advertises 2.4 miles (4000 meters) but I have consistently gotten more. I am using it on one of our small UAV test platforms and it has been great.
    Through out the many flights I have had range has varied from 2.3-2.8 miles before the airplanes auto pilot took over and returned to home. Several people at markham park have been very surprised with the range of this system. But like I said its not this system its the Technology. Weatronics has proven that this is far superior fron any other system out there. The people who are using weatronics out there can atest to that.
    Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 AM
    Modellbau USA

sorry double post.
    Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
    bruff
    My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, keep us posted.  The HOTT system in Europe is rated at 100mw that is why I'm concerned with the US version being only 12mw per the FCC docs.
    Bob
    Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
    RafalePilot

Hi Bruff,

Graupner never advertised about Hott power in Europe, they just said that the range is over 4000 m.

I think the US and Europe versions are the same.
    Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM
    Modellbau USA

Well I am not sure if the power is the same or not but I am sure that the one I have tested for a while now has awesome range just like the Weatronics system. If you look at it from a RSSI point of view both system are identical.
    Old 11-05-2011, 02:05 AM
    RafalePilot

I am using Weatronic and it is awesome, neve a glitch. It is a 100 mW FHSS radio.

I have some friends using Hott, and it is also perfect.
    Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 AM
    stegl

Airtronics has never had any lockup issues on 2.4 . Rock solid. They did have suposedly have a possible interference issue on some of the FHSS-1 receivers in a high 2.4 usage environment with some of the SD-10G transmitters (only) but quickly responded with a free replacement of the RF board. There were no problems with the stock FHSS-3 series receivers. They reacted very quickly once they were able to isolate the possible problem. Also no changes to any of the software/programing that other brands are having ;even after OVER 2 years on the market with 2.4 . They may have programming additions to the SD-10G for future release and I hear they are working on Telemetry BUT only if it works correctly and accurately as intended .
    Old 01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
    Agilefalcon

Is the radio available for sale in the US now? I can see it but haven't found anyone that is actually selling it.
    Old 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM
    Modellbau USA

yes they are ready for sale please contact us for info.
    Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
    sidgates
    My Feedback: (2)

The Graupner site says 100mw. It looks comparable to Weatronic but some of my questions are:

1. Does it have dual transmitter and dual receivers like Weatronic?

2. What is power of sets sold in US.

3. Can you slow down all servo channels?

4. Can you assign any or all servo outputs to one transmitter channel?

5. Does it have air speed or just ground speed with GPS?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 AM
    Modellbau USA

The system is identical to the Weatronics system just with updated technology. Range of the US system is the same as the European version. I have a system set up on one of my FPV and I am consistently getting about 2.5 miles of range before it enters fail safe. The radio are the same as the MX24 every channel is assignable, contrable and proportionally functional. The telemetry has airspeed sensors as well as GPS
    Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM
    RUFTER

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

The system is identical to the Weatronics system just with updated technology. Range of the US system is the same as the European version. I have a system set up on one of my FPV and I am consistently getting about 2.5 miles of range before it enters fail safe. The radio are the same as the MX24 every channel is assignable, contrable and proportionally functional. The telemetry has airspeed sensors as well as GPS
    HOTT does not use dual TX antenna's, so it's far from identical. HOTT uses a single circular polarised antenna, Weatronic uses dual patch antennas.
    There are lots of similarities though, but not the same system or derivative of the Wea system.

I ordered the MC-32 HOTT transmitter myself, wich was originally designed so it could be used with the Weatronic telemetry, but cooperation between Wea and Graupner ended premature and firmware development for Weatronic stopped.

Regards, Bart.
    Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM
    ledd4u
    My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice radio
    Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
    ledd4u
    My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sweet
    Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM
    BETTERRCBUILDER

why do people ask all kinds of crazy comparison's and ask endless questions ...just to be difficult ?? THE GRAUPNER MX-20 HOTT IS AWESOME ..... THE QUALITY IS SECOND TO NONE ! .....NONE!
    I find it to be very user friendly , and to be honest , i cant get over just how beautiful this radio is . I have used in with small electric airplanes and giant 3d monsters - If your looking for a radio that is feature packed , performs flawlessly , looks and fells like a million bucks get the Graupner mx-20 hott radio system . Best radio i have ever owned and or used !
    Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
    FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

how does the channel increase work? I need more channels than my 14mz has and I frankly dont pay the new prices for futaba radios. Got my 14s for less than half price so its either wait to get one used or look else where.
    Is the channel increased based on just adding receivers or something like a serial bus? From above it seems just add more receivers.
    Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM
    portanav

Hi all; I recently switched from Futaba to Graupner with the MC-20 Transmitter, I am now trying to setup some telemetry with my GR-24 receiver, but I have run into a problem. I bought two modules to attach to the receiver - one is a GPS module and the other is an General Engine module with fuel and rpm sensors. My problem is when I attach the modules to the receiver and configure the transmitter telemetry display, I do not get any readings from the modules, everything is zero. This is my first time with telemetry, so I am a novice here. Can anyone help me with this problem?
    Thank you.
    Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 PM
    RUFTER

Are all your components on the same firmware version? I had a vario module with newer firmware than my Tx and Rx, could not get it to work untill I upgraded everything.

Regards, Bart.
    Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 AM
    sidgates
    My Feedback: (2)

Are the manuals available in English? Is anyone in the US using this Hot System? Where did you buy ?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 AM
    mr_matt
    My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

how does the channel increase work? I need more channels than my 14mz has and I frankly dont pay the new prices for futaba radios.
    You can get 26 proportional channels out of the 14mz using the mpdx1. 10 for primary controls and 16 more for slower update things like flaps, nose wheels, speed bakes etc

Is this HOTT thing that system the guy did in Arizona?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.