Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

P100 BARF

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

P100 BARF

Old 11-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default P100 BARF

I flew my BARF today for the first time since taking out my rather old (non SE) P80 and sticking a P100 in. On paper the 100 has a bit more thrust and a bit less weight but it was interesting how different it felt

I'm in the UK at the moment and the weather here is pretty ropey. I didn't fly until 4pm and adding to the drizzle and not great ceiling (local metar was 800ft OVC) - it was getting dark. The plane got off the wet grass quicker than ever, I flew a lot of very tight close in stuff both fast and very slow and the plane feels lighter and more responsive - I guess some of that is the much quicker throttle response as well. The plane gets up to high speed faster and I suspect the top end is also a fair bit higher (I could do with a better day to really check it out). At one point I pulled vertical at mid throttle, let the speed decay then opened it right up and it actually pushed on and started accelerating (later in the flight after burning some fuel).

I got on really well with the plane before the change and on paper, the difference between the 2 turbines didn't seem that big but there's a great improvement in the air - can't wait to get some more time in some better weather.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts
Default RE: P100 BARF

Birdy

You look after my Baby! Its a great combo I'm sure, glad the P-70 mount works out in the BARF with the P-100RX. Certainly the BobCat is faster with the P-100Rx than with the P-80SE it last had installed and I can also notice the weight saving (even though my BARF was one of the lightest I've seen) Slow speed must be...slow

Interesting to know where you are on flight time when you get clear skies

Dw