Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

If Napierville, Qc, Canada - Jet Rally ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
I will come
33.33%
I may come
25.00%
I will come as sponsor
0%
I may come as sponsor
0%
I will not or I can't
41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

If Napierville, Qc, Canada - Jet Rally ?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
RobinLeblond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Napierville, Qc, Canada - Jet Rally ?

Pilots and sponsors: We need your intention to officially start the organization of a Jet Rally here in Napierville, Qc, Canada. Since we do need to have a minimal number of pilots and sponsors for it to work, I’m asking you : “Will you come at our event ?”, here are when and what we plan for this event :

- Target dates : 2012 June 22 to 26
- 5 full flying days from 10am to 8pm (without any interruption)
- Electricity for everyone (from generator)
- Jet fuel on site (both (airport) jet fuel and Canadien Tires kero)
- Saturday night diner
- Concession on site and free coffee morning ;-)
- Pilot tent (big tent)
- Tents, tables and chairs rental available
- Overnight security on site to check our models and trailers
- Inside space for night storage (limited space)
- Near campings, hotels and motels (5 to 20 minutes)
- Airport pickup service (crate or person) for those who came by plane
- 800’ by 40’ brand new geotextile runway with 5’ each side run-off
- NO pitt access*
- We will provide later a list of ALL hotel/motel and camping around and provide some deal.
- We will provide later a list of touristic site around for our wife or children (for those who are accompanied)
- Event will be MAAC Sanctioned as they help us a lot while planning it, our Jet chairman while also help us.
- Provisory price are 35$ for pilots and 20$ for Saturday night lunch

REALLY IMPORTANT: PILOTS and SPONSOR: please:
- Let us know if you think you will come, we need some confirmation, else way the event won’t work for too less attendee.
- Let us know if you would like to sponsor the event, we NEED your help to make our pilots came.
- Advise for better dates (if another event occur at the same time, we may change our dates).

The runway will be a brand new geo textile with a solid underneath. Since we will build it FOR the event, it will be strait and perfectly level with no bump.

*The event have been organize in a way to provide as much flying time as possible, public will be invite on site, but will be separated from you by gates and other infrastructures, but they will be near enough to watch and ask questions. Also we will have a demo tent on site with jets and pilots, this way public will be able to ask as many questions to the demo responsible instead of to you pilots

SPONSORS: Please let us know (publicly of privately) if you would came, we need your support.

For any information, contact me by phone or by email :

Robin Leblond, Event Director
[email protected]
514-451-3403

Site map view:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&ll=...h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31683.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1688690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90917.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1688691  
Old 11-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: If Napierville, Qc, Canada - Jet Rally ?

I had to vote... I can not come. It's just too far away for me. BUT... good luck getting it together.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM
ivesdo
My Feedback: (1)

Kind of tough asking for the poll, you need to know where people live before deciding what the vote is worth ? 

I was wondering about camping on site.  Is there going to be a restriction about  that ?  I know of four of five other people that might come and camp at the flying site.  The assumption of course that it would be dry camping.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 AM
RobinLeblond

Yes I know, but I was asking base on the idea they spot on the map where it is, and if it's too far away, I suppose they would answer they can't...
Also, I used a Poll to get the number of potential attendees, percent may not be good, but it's really numbers I'm interest in... It's just a easier way to count...

Camping on-site might be difficulte, their is not a lot of space, but it may be possible for a few, it's depend if it's for RV or for a tent... It also depend of how many person come...
Also the ground is not confortable, it's cruched rock (don't know how to say this in english), so with a tent, it may not be confortable...

As for camping, their is 2 or 3 campings really near the site (5 to 15 minutes)... And some motel... But if it a requirement, I could check to arrange some spot for camping on site...
It's not a restriction (for camp on site), is more about not enough spaces...
Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 PM
SPLIT S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Robin. Just do it. Make it the best event you can. I still think that a five day event from the start is a bit ambitious but have it, especially if you are looking for a break even or small profit. Let the event and the site speak for itself, taking polls as to who may or may not come isn't going to help you much, you are going to have to take the leap of faith. You have over two hundred hits to the post but three responses. May not be what you want to hear but it is the way it is. Learn from this first one and apply it to the next.

One last piece of advise. A jet event, or any rc event, is just as much about hanging with your buddies as it is burning kero. I'm referring to after hours. You should really have the ability to accomodate on site camping, for everyone who wants it. If the site doesn't allow it, look for another. Five days is a lot to ask of people when they have to pack up entirely and head out to a motel, hotel or campsite - no matter the distance. A deserted event, regardless of security, isn't going to sit well with some. Make it fun, safe and memorable. Then watch it grow.

Wish you the best of luck.

Dan
Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

I agree with the comments above. As I said... I probably can't come... but if I'm going to a long event... I want to bring the toy huller trailer, and sleep next to my tent. If there isnt' room to camp on site, that could be a killer.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Bravo77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with what said . All is correct . No one including myself want to leave their precious airplanes with some security person . I live in Montreal and will defenitly attend . Should be fun .

Good luck